PDA

View Full Version : Great News!

NoahsMommy
03-31-2003, 05:55 PM
There were two cats rescued from the shelter on Saturday that were long timers! Hatley, a dominant ornage female went home and Chili, a long haired version of Tinky!!

Its so exciting to see them in a new, forever home!!! :)

Oh yea....three were adopted Saturday, Micah too! ;)

wolflady
03-31-2003, 06:06 PM
It's such a rewarding experience to see furkids find furr-ever homes! ;) I heard that Mike (now Micah) went home with a wonderful family! ;) :D
I'm so glad that Hatley and Chili found good homes! Congrats to all 3 of the families and their newest fur members! :D ;)

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 06:16 PM
that's what I like to hear. Cats getting a home and Kelly letting someone else take one once in a while. HEE HEE :D You are getting as bad as me, you know.:rolleyes: But seriously, it is great when the long timers get picked, FINALLY!

slick
03-31-2003, 07:10 PM
Great news!! I know the satisfaction you are feeling because I volunteer at a shelter as well. Time to celebrate.

moosmom
04-01-2003, 06:04 AM
When I went into the Dearborn Animal Shelter, I also signed up to volunteer. I gave myself 6 months away from animal rescue one I moved out here.

The woman I spoke with said that I don't have to feel guilty about the animals there being euthanized because they stay there till they get homes (euthanization is NOT an option). There was a beautiful 8 year old black male that I held. Unfortunately he hated other cats (he kept growling and hissing at the other cats).

Can't wait to pick Georgie up today!!

NoahsMommy
04-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
that's what I like to hear. Cats getting a home and Kelly letting someone else take one once in a while. HEE HEE :D You are getting as bad as me, you know.:rolleyes: But seriously, it is great when the long timers get picked, FINALLY!
hee hee! David LOVED this comment!! :D How totally true!! ;)

Be careful MoosMom....we've gotten three cats since we started volunteering in November. ;)

K & L
04-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Isn't it a wonderful feeling when they find homes! YIPPEEEE

krazyaboutkatz
04-01-2003, 11:49 PM
It's so good to hear that a few of the old timers have finally been adopted. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-02-2003, 12:14 AM
WHAT A HAPPY THREAD!!!
I am so glad for those kitties!!!! I hope they get to live a long and most happy life at their new forever homes!!! Good luck little sweet kitties!:D

Randi
04-02-2003, 03:56 AM
Yay!! It''s great to hear these sweet kitties have found forever homes - especially the long-timers!! :)

BastetsMum
04-03-2003, 01:12 AM
YAY for all of you! I wish I had time to volunteer my services again to the RSPCA but unfortunately I will just have to keep Bastet company and hear/read all your wonderful stories :)

Keep up the good work guys. You may never hear thankyou from the rescue animals but their unconditional love is WAY more than enough!

:D :D :D

Russian Blue
04-03-2003, 11:12 AM
I've wanted to volunteer but I know for a fact that I would wanting to bring home every fur thing that crossed my path. I'm such a softie.

Great to hear they finally found furever homes!

;)

carole
04-05-2003, 02:18 AM
it is indeed neat to hear those old timers getting homes at last, i had in my mind to pick the least prettiest cat really, as long as it had good personality, but it did not work out that way, i got both a pretty girl and tons of personality,to me they are all gorgeous anyhow.

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 09:54 AM
That is great!! :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
I've wanted to volunteer but I know for a fact that I would wanting to bring home every fur thing that crossed my path. I'm such a softie.

Great to hear they finally found furever homes!

;)

I agree - I was at our shelter this morning picking up a stray which I had spayed. Whilst I was there I signed up for the volunteer program - but to assist with fundraising functions, manning their table at fetes and fairs etc - I can't help at the shelter - it would just upset me too much!

moosmom
05-01-2003, 07:49 PM
I'm up to 7 cats and am maxed out. But at least I know I can schmooze with all the kitties knowing they won't be euthanized.

It's sad how many old timers are overlooked simply because people want kittens. Makes me mad :mad: :mad:

IttyBittyKitty
05-03-2003, 09:11 AM
It is sad, isn't it? Ah well, I am glad that the old timers found their furrever homes! When I get my second kitty (one day!) I want to give an oldie a second chance at life (and hope that Pixel won't pick on him/her!

rg_girlca
05-03-2003, 11:53 AM
It just warms my heart when I hear of the oldies but goodies getting a second chance in life. Hugs and kisses to the three of you as you go off to your forever homes.