PDA

View Full Version : Didn't work

petsbestern
03-31-2003, 05:34 PM
As I said, I was to take my kitty to the vet for a check up with my mom on Saturday. The check up was great, and my sweet kitty is growing well and in perfect health. I asked the vet to convince my mom to spay our kitty and nueter our bunbun, but no luck. My mom said she had two bunnies when she was a teen. One lived to be 9, the other 11, both weren't spayed. She thinks animals can live perfect, happy lives without being altered. She also said that she "thinks" it may be religiously wrong. :confused: The vet said its our decidion and he's not going to force us to do it. He said as long as our pets don't contribute to the over population problem, it wasn't a big deal. Oh well.

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 06:41 PM
Well, while it is true that if they do not contribute to the pet overpopulaton problem, that is is OK to NOT spay them, they are at a higher risk for diseases (most commonly cancer) if left intact. Now At this point I am only speaking of the kitty but going through all her heat cycles will probably take a toll on both her and you, especially if she is one of the more "vocal" types.

petsbestern
03-31-2003, 07:15 PM
My kitty is still young and hasn't reached puberty yet, so I don't know if she'll be the more vocal types. :eek: My dad said he spayed his childhood kitty when she was 6 and she was fine for those 6 years and didn't bother them. They only did it so she could go outside and play with the neighbor's cat as they couldn't afford to get her a companion at the time. My mom thinks it may not be religiously right to alter animals, and she's stuck at her views. What can I do? I respect them.

moosmom
04-01-2003, 05:58 AM
My mom thinks it may not be religiously right to alter animals, and she's stuck at her views

What the heck does religion have to do with it???

*sigh* :mad:

04-01-2003, 06:04 AM
Keep up your hopes, "petsbestern" ! Just wait till your cat starts howling during her first "heath";) :D ! Your mom might be changing her opinion then;) ;) ;)
So little Hufflepuff, howl as loud as you can, he he!!