PDA

View Full Version : the best pet of your life

Megan Stewart
07-07-2001, 07:54 PM
tell me about the best pet of your lifetime.
my favorite was a little dog named puddin and he was white and brown with a black spot around his eye.but when i went on a vacation i let my neighbor babysit him and when i came back from my trip i asked him where is my dog he said, he is dead and i said, what do you mean he said,the dog went down to the creek and some rocks fell on him. but come to find out he took my dog down to the creek and beat him till he was dead.when he showed me my dog i started crying and i ran back home and told my motherand then she started crying to and she ran to the next door neighbors house and started talking to his dad and he said he was sorry that he did not know about it but they said they would make him a cross. i was sad for a long time and so was my family.i was about 6or 7 years old i am 13 now. well tell me about your stories and your favorite pet.

Dixie Belle
07-07-2001, 08:01 PM
The very first dog I ever had was a beagle named Serena. She was the sweetest little dog. The main thing that I remember about her was the day we went for a walk and two other dogs started acting like they were going to attack me. They were both twice the size of her, but Serena didn't care. She lit into those two dogs with everything in her. I was able to make it to my neighbors house, and fortunately they were home. Thier son came out with a beebee gun and was able to scare the other two dogs. And thank goodness, they didn't hurt Serena. About a week after I got Justin, Serena passed on to Rainbow Bridge. I know one day, I will see her there.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-07-2001, 09:40 PM
The best pet of my life was my Yellow Lab, named Teal. She didn't do anything to save my life or anything, but she was just an extreamly special dog. She was always there for me. She passed on to Rainbow Bridge last year in October. I better stop talking about her before I start to cry! But I know one day, I will see her in heaven. :(

Daisy's Mom
07-08-2001, 12:03 AM
My Basset Daisy is my first dog but I have a feeling she will be my dog of a lifetime. I had to beg my parents for 13 years before I got her, and that made me more thankful for her when I got her. She is so caring and loving, and she just seems to understand everything going on in my life. She is great with my handicapped father and is gentle with little kids who run up to "the droopy doggie" and grab at her :) I love that hound more than anyone knows!

crow_noir
07-08-2001, 01:01 AM
it would either have to be one of my two male parakeets or my dog King. i had prayed to god as a kid for a particular type of dog and hoped one day i would have it. well one day it was born. however, it would be my neighbors bringing him home. for ten years he lived alone w/out much love. now he lays near the foot of my bed every night. :) he's the best thing that has ever touched my heart. he's even saved my live before he was "my" dog. but i think he always was my dog, just as i was always his girl. i had played w/ him as often as i could growing up. he never forgot my kindness. he may not have much longer on this planet, but at least his last days are filled w/ joy. i savor every moment i get w/ him. (especially when everyone tells me how beautiful he is. :D ) we got some film developed today and the person developing them asked if the dog in the pictures was ours', he is so beautiful? oh, i am so proud! i answered yes after i was able to controll my smile. then i dished out everything about him and myself. tee hee.

tatsxxx11
08-26-2001, 05:49 PM
The best dog of my life was my precious Jingles. She left for the Bridge 3 yrs. ago this Sept. 5th. She was the most loving, gentle and sweetest dog ever. She was adopted at 2 yrs. old. Jumped right in the car and never looked back!!! There isn't one day that I don't think of us walking on the beach, swimming, retrieving, kissing!! I never knew I could feel such pain as the day she left me. She is here, along with her beautiful, precious, 3 legger sister Satin who left me just a short time before Jingles. She was so kind and caring to all her fursiblings, despite her "handicap." I love you Jing and "Tuna." You are in my heart and thoughts every day. How I miss you so. Jing, you were my forever dog, and my forever friend; the lab of my life. You taught me the true meaning of devotion, patience and courage. You taught me how to live life and savor every day as a treasure from God. Your soul was so pure; so perfect in every way. You were my teacher; my "sensai." Precious, Satin, my tuna girl. You were so brave. Please forgive mommy for being so weak. You were the best kitty a mommy could ever have. I love you girls. Take care of all the other creatures there at the Bridge, until.....

file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Precious%20Jingles.jpg

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

KayAnn
08-26-2001, 06:35 PM
Simba is my first animal that really ment something in my life.. ive had fish befor,but, they werent the same. Life with Simba is truely a dream!

Pam
08-26-2001, 06:53 PM
This is a really hard question to answer. Each of my pets, past and present, are/have been so special to me. I really can't say that I have a favorite. I just don't. I think the passing of my Whitney really took something out of me though. As I have written before, she died on the sofa one day while we were all at work. She hadn't been sick and the vet felt it must have been a heart attack although all of her routine visits detected no problems. I guess I will always think of her in a special way because I never got to say goodbye. Even now, over 5 years later, I can still fill up with tears when I think of that day. :( God Bless you Whitney and all of my other sweeties. I love and miss you all so much!

Whitney is the black standard poodle in my signature.

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: Pam ]

zippy-kat
08-26-2001, 09:55 PM
I would have to say the two that stand out most in my memory are ButterScotch my cocker spaniel and Tom my tux kat.

ButterScotch was such a good girl. I miss her dearly. She was my sister with fur! :D

Thomas (aka Tom)was my 4th birthday present. I had him for 8 wonderful years until tragedy struck. You can read his story here:
Tom's story (http://petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000327&p=)

Yesterday made 11 years that he's been at the bridge. :(

Daisy's Mom
08-28-2001, 01:00 AM
Zippy-Kat, I just read Tom's story. That is absolutely horrible! How awful it must have been for you. I had tears in my eyes when I read about you somehow knowing something was wrong with him. That's really sweet. He was certainly a very handsome cat.

zippy-kat
08-28-2001, 08:26 AM
Thanks for reading about him Bridget.

He certainly was a very special guy!