PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have any loved ones fighting in war?

Jessica12345
03-30-2003, 07:43 PM
I have a couzin named mike in it now. :(
any of you have anyone?

mugsy
03-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Not yet.

Soledad
03-30-2003, 07:46 PM
I do. I have two cousins who I assume are there, even though they can't disclose where. :(

lovemyshiba
03-30-2003, 08:01 PM
I do not, however I am still praying and hoping for the safe return of everyone's loved ones.

KYS
03-30-2003, 08:09 PM
My nephew (army) who is stationed at Fort Brag
was supposed to leave for Kwait but his
orders got postponed.
My co-workers brother is a civilian Doctor (Surgeon) in the reserves.
He got his orders on Thursday that he was leaving
for Iraq in 24 hours.

Tina
03-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Yes, I have a cousin there named Troy.

jackiesdaisy1935
03-30-2003, 09:44 PM
My son-in-law who is a policeman and in the Marine reserves was called up, he is a military policeman and is stationed here in Ca for the time being but just went back to New York to see his parents expecting to go over anytime.
Jackie

Karen
03-30-2003, 10:05 PM
My brother's Reserve Unit was activated. He is stationed stateside, so is not in immediate danger, but every member of the military needs our thoughts and prayers right now, no matter where they are.

babolaypo65
03-30-2003, 10:19 PM
My favorite ex-boyfriend is there (as near as we can figure- he's a translator, in the army and was deployed.) (kind of a strange title eh? "favorite ex-boyfriend" but its true.)
Another friend who's also a translator and in the reserves (army) expects to be called up at any time. they need a lot of translators, and will need more once Baghdad is taken.

My brother in law recently retired, won't be called up. (air force)

My nephew is joining up in June after graduation, but hopefully.... this will all be over by the time his training is complete. (army)

oodlesofpoodles
03-30-2003, 11:15 PM
The Lt. Col. that I baby sit his dogs is going, so I will be having 2 new furbabies in my house for a while. So that will make six dogs and 2 cats and whatever else may come along. So I will be rearranging the house I am going to take my guest bedroom down and all dogs will go in there. So I got my work cut out for me. Several of the guys that graduated with me are over there to. So my prayer list is getting longer. I pray that they are all being watched over and that their loved ones have them home safe soon.

jackiesdaisy1935
03-31-2003, 08:44 AM
This just came from the Company of Marines that we have adopted, this makes three.

Since our groups have adopted my nephew, Kevin's, unit, I felt I should advise you all of the information I just received.

LCpl. Blair (Adopted By Julie/Doggieworld) is MIA (missing in action) as of this date.

We hope and pray every day that these men and women will be safe.

Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

momoffuzzyfaces
03-31-2003, 11:25 AM
I have a cousin, J.P. who's in the 4th ID. I pray daily for all our people and the innocent people getting caught in this too.

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2003, 04:14 PM
A friend from High School is in a humvee with a marine unit, somewhere in Iraq.

A friend of my sister and her husband's from high school is with an Army Medic unit in Kuwait. This person has 2 brothers, also in the army. One is somehere in Iraq. The other was in Lousiana, headed to the Gulf region.

My Sister's husband is currently in Ft. Hood, TX. Their trucks were shipped out to Kuwait, last Tuesday. They are supposed to follow 20-25 days from then.

Dakota's Mommy
04-02-2003, 02:03 PM
As my sis said, Brian's going to be over there way too soon (my husband), his best friend is already over there along with one of his brothers. Their other brother is headed overseas with the military too.

Plus, living on Ft. Hood, I know way too many friends, neighbors, and other people from around here that have recently went, about to go, or just waiting for the call. It's way too real in my life, I guess that happens when you live and work on a military installation!

Last, but not least, Amy's friend from high school along with many of Brian's and my friends that we've recently found our are over there or headed over soon. It seems so weird compared to my world in the 1st Gulf War when I was in elementary school and only knew people who knew people. It's so wierd how different it is these days!