PDA

View Full Version : What a day at the dog park!!

mugsy
03-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Wow!! How much fun did we have?? Lots of good food, good fun, good friends and good dogs!

Now, forgive me if I miss anyone because I'm one pooped poochie mom!

We had:

Amy: Spot, Cincy, and Sadie
Amy's Mom: Taggert, Snoopy
Christy: hers were there in spirit!
Staci: Keegan
Donna: Ashley (sister-in-law's dog)
Kim and Andy: Kia
Anna: Roxey and Huney
Anna's friend: Nikki and ??? Help me out here Anna!
Johanna: dog babysitter while people ate
Mike and me: Jazzy, Daisy, Sox, and Max
Phred: Cinder and Smoke
Leslie: Graham and Kersey

And enough food to feed about 15 more people!!

We played ball, and catch the other poochie, and snatch the snickerdoodles and run (that would be Jazzy)

Kendall pictures to come later once Mike gets sleep (which means probably tomorrow)

lovemyshiba
03-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Sounds like such a great time!!! How much fun it would be to actually meet some of the doggies and people from Pet Talk!!!
I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!

Desert Arabian
03-30-2003, 05:39 PM
:( Ma and I wanted to go, but she got sick. Darn it! We wanted to meet Pet Talkers and their pooches. :(

mugsy
03-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Never fear, we talked about meeting again on Memorial Day weekend since most people don't have to work on that Monday....what do you all think of that?

jenluckenbach
03-30-2003, 06:24 PM
I am ssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooo jealous. Glad good times were had by all.
Say Mike and Molly, how'd you pick the lucky four from the group???

Johanna baby sat 20 dogs!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: WOW, all the power to her. hee hee

mugsy
03-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Well Jen, not EXACTLY 20 by herself! lol She just didn't have one to bring, so we let her adopt all of ours for the day!!

As for the choices, hmmmm....who hadn't gone anywhere in awhile! lol And there were some requests. Mike decided next time it would be Sammy, Sophie, Ryu, and I forget the 4th....lol

moosmom
03-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Mugsy,

I don't know about you, but that COLD air made me tired!! What a day! We had a great time. I was in poochie overload. I hope Mike enjoys the chili. I'm saving the wings for tomorrow night's dinner :D.

It was great meeting everyone. I had a problem with the disk in my camera. Because it was so cold out, the disk got unformatted, which means I lost the pictures I took :( Hopefully we had enough cameras there to make up for it)

Phred,

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you. I didn't realize who you were till it was time to leave. Hopefully next time I can chat with you. Love Cinder and Smoke.

I'll be there on Memorial Weekend. This time I think I'll come by myself. Ashley seemed a bit overwhelmed at all the younger, more playful dogs.

mugsy
03-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Poor Ashley....she is so sweet.

Mike was gloating all the way home about how jealous the guys at work were going to be tonight since he'll have chili and wings for dinner. He REALLY like the chili. He doesn't talk about food that much, but he really complimented it.

As for the cold...yes, it made me tired. Mike is sleeping now and the dogs are outside playing. I know I'll have to get up a couple of times tonight, so I think this may be their last trip, because when Mike gets up, I'm crashing! I was the only one awake most of the way home! lol Even Max finally settled down.

Have you de-mudded yourself yet?? I changed into my jammies a little bit ago...Wow was there a lot of dirt on me!

moosmom
03-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Mugsy,

I'm glad Mike liked the chili. When I brought Ashley home, that &^^%%$#@ puppy Samantha was there :mad: All she did was jump on me. I made the comment that she's an obedience school drop-out. My SIL told me that she graduates next weekend :eek: "Obviously not at the TOP of the class."

The first thing I did when I got home was throw my filthy muddy clothes in the hamper. I'm glad I wore my old sneakers :D. I have a feeling I'm not going to make it past 9 p.m. tonight. Cold air really poops me out. I was in my jammies the minute I walked in the door.

Ashley is a great dog. It's too bad my SIL doesn't dote on her the way she does with Samantha. AND SAMANTHA ISN'T EVEN HER DOG!!! :mad:

4 Dog Mother
03-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Christy and I are sitting here reading this thread. We all did have a good time although the visiting "Texan" got too cold to last as long as the others. It was amazing with the number of dogs that were there, that they all got along with no fights breaking out. Now if Dazzi had been there...... She thinks she is the "boss" of the park and keeps herd on everyone. If anyone acts too aggressive or even a little too playful she lets them know and if it means getting aggressive with whoever, she is more than willing to do it. (just ask Keegan)

It was great to put faces with names and meet all the people who love dogs (and cats). The food was great as was all the sharing and talking. It was great to meet Trader and see him meet and leave with his new family who seemed happy to get him. Will be glad to be there at the next meeting. (By the way, Amy if the plan is to meet in Findlay again, you better be checking to see if that shelter is available. I imagine holidays are booked pretty quickly!)

4 Dog Mother
03-30-2003, 07:30 PM
{Have you de-mudded yourself yet?? I changed into my jammies a little bit ago...Wow was there a lot of dirt on me!}

When Christy and I got home we took Snoopy and Taggert around to the back to put them in the dog pen until I could get their baths ready. My husband opened the back door and said, "You need to take a shower before you come in - it looks like every dog in the park jumped up on you!" My coat and jeans were quite muddy and my shoes, oh yuck!! I asked him to start running a bath and he asked me who went first, me or one of the dogs. I think Taggert smuggled a lot of the dirt home from the park in his long hair - Snoopywith his white coat always looks dirtier but when the bath water is drained, Taggert wins out on who got the dirtiest!

lovemyshiba
03-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Oh, I was wondering about Trader--sounds like he got to his forever home!!!
That is wonderful!!!

mugsy
03-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Since our backyard is muddier than the park, we have given up on the bath thing for awhile!! lol

Wasn't Trader a love? His new family seemed pleased with him.

iceyshiver21
03-30-2003, 07:39 PM
I WANNA GO!!! :'( WHAAA!! Where did this esciting meeting take place???

mugsy
03-30-2003, 07:46 PM
In Findlay, Ohio. If you look at an Ohio map, find Toledo up north and go south and a little east and you should find Findlay. I have to say that I sure wish Fort Wayne had such a nice facility.

4 Dog Mother
03-30-2003, 07:49 PM
The meeting took place in Findlay Ohio at the dog park here. I think the older members will have to help me with this, but I thinkwe had people from Ft. Wayne, Indiana, Cincinnati, Ohio, Toledo, Ohio, Youngstown, Ohio, Piqua, Ohio, Upper Sandusky, Ohio and several places in Michigan coming together (sorry, Kim, Donna and Leslie, I forgot where in Michigan you are from.) Oh yeah, and my daughter, Christy from Ft. Hood Texas was there too.

captain
03-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Well, we in Australia are mighty jealous of you :(

Cannot wait for the pics!!
WAKE UP MIKE!!!!!

mugsy
03-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Well, I have to wake him up here in about 5 minutes, but, he has to go to work. I'll tell him to load them ASAP tomorrow. And there were lots of people with pictures, so I'm sure they'll get posted soon too.

Cincy'sMom
03-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Well all three dogs just got out of the tub, my clothes are now in the dryer, and everyone is crashed!! (Spot is already curled up on the bed you gave us, Mom) I think all the dogs had a blast and I know I did!

Food was great everyone!! Staci, can I have the recipe for the peach dump cake?

Let's see if I can get the Michigan people right...Donna lives in Ecorse which is near Detroit, Leslie is in Berkley , north of Detriot, Kim is over near East Lansing, but i think she spends most weekends closer to Detriot with Andy.

I think Jennifer's other husky is Zack.

I need to call the park office this week to see about getting my deposit back ( the rental fee was $30, but you had to put $50 down) I see if I reserve the shelter for Memorial Day if we decide later it won't work if we'll lose all $50 or how that works. I have to say though...the Sunday of Memorial day weekend is ALWAYS cold and rainy in Ohio! One of my friend's at the studio has a huge party ach year and the weather usually stinks for it :)

iceyshiver21
03-30-2003, 09:03 PM
If I where to ever go there it would be 911.6 miles and take 14hours and a minute....I want to go SO bad.

Tina
03-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Sounds like everyone had fun!!

Wish I could come on Memorial weekend but hubby and I done made plans to go to Carisle,PA.

Maybe sometime this summer I can go to one of the meetings.

AdoreMyDogs
03-30-2003, 09:53 PM
What a fun day, even with the blasted cold weather! Lots of laughs, smiles, happy pups, gossip :) , friendly people, beautiful dogs, and an adoption of a very special boy named Trader. It was great meeting all those Pet Talkers whom I had not had the pleasure of meeting before today. It was a very fun and memorable day. Graham and Kersey are exhausted and Graham is quite sore from all the excersise. He had to get his Rymidal, but he'll be back to his normal, happy self in a couple of days :)

I'll post my pics tomorrow...I am off to bed now. G'night :)

anna_66
03-30-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm getting ready to go to bed, just thought I'd post the link to my pictures, enjoy, I know I did!!! The first ones, were last year, picture #63 starts the ones from today.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291333595

Cinder & Smoke
03-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Looks like da Shop, Cinners...
Guess we're gonna check in wiffa Gang...

Glad Dad dint need a Co-Pilot da get us home...
Cinder onlee lasted till route 15...
I wuz curled up aftur we checked out da big lake hind the dirt pile. :p
Lotta *snorrrrin* onna back seet!
Dad made two Koke Stopz ta keep hiz eyeballz open.

Phunn Day! Whadda Great buncha Pupz ta play wiff. Dont tink we'ze ebber SEEN dat mennie Dawgs runnin free an playin so well tagether.

When we pulled up inna Park - Dad sez he wonnered wha-hoppen to da Pavilyun - bunch peepul unner da roof - but No Dawgz :eek:. We gotz all hitched up an walked ober - allua Hoominz started callin out "Der'z Cinner an Smoke!" Made us feel Reel Welkome!!

I dint eben *panik* when I saw Mr Mike - he akted kinder friendlee. Don't member when I saw Mr Andee - but he akted lika Dawggie kinda guy, too! Anna PANTz! Eberybuddie wuz wearin PANTz! Dad figgered I'd panik thinkin dey wuz all *guyz* - but HA! I knewed dey wuz allua Pet Talk Dawg-Mawmeez!

We sed *HowDee* kinda polite-like (not a lotta *jumpin* up - Dad wuz *Im-pressed* wiff us boff!!

Sumbuddie finally sed - "Wanna go meet da Dawgz?"
Uhhhh - YEAH - datz why we kame!
Went out back an - OMG!
LOOK-IT all dem DAWGGIEZ!! An more Hoomiz.
All inside a fancee dubbil-gated big fence.

In we go an den - :eek: !!
We wuz *mobbed*!
Da hole Gang runn'd ober an sed "Hi-Ya, Strangurz"!

Dat'z when I *panik'd*.
Stood reel kloze ta Dad; den backed up to da fence. Hole lotta *sniffin* goin on!
Fluffed up allua hare on my back. Figgered Cinners wuz gonna start *GRrrrrin* - but she jest *sniffed* back. Dad wuz pettin ebberbuddie.

Aftur da noviltee kinda wore off - Dad let us run round a few minnitz tied tagether - but figgered we mite hurt sumbuddie mowin em ober wiffa Y-thingy ... So after a few minnits we got turned loose wiffa Herd.

Whudda BLAST! :D
Ebberbuddie playin *tag*, hump yer naybur, chase, Jump onna Hoominz, an run ennie-where ya wunted to!! An der wuz eben a lil HORSE in wiff us!!
(Oh - Dad jest sed dat wuzza Great Dane - a reel Dawggie! :o ) Nebbe SEEN such a Big Dawg! Reelee gentil dawggie, tho... Wudda been phunn to go fur a ride - but dey dint bring da saddul...

Anna TREETz! OMG! We wuz in Heavun!!
Dint hafta do NUFFIN ta get wun!!
Jest *show up* an stik yer mouff out --
MawMeez passin out biskitz like it wuz Halloween Candie!!

DAD wuz da onlee wun makin us *werk* fur da treetz!
:rolleyes:
Course he furgot ta bring em - hadda go back to da Pavilyun to grab hiz treet pouch. Kinda wunder'd why he left us - but Hoo Carez - he'll get lonlee an kome back. Cinners spotted da treet pouch soon as he got back - as did a Hole Bunch da udder Guyz -- Big Mob Akshun soon as Dad got back inside da BarkPark! More Treetz! Step Rite Up! Dad'z a big *softee* when it comez ta passin out treetz.
Ebberbuddie figgered him out inna minnit!!

Thank Heavun fur good ole Graham!!
He'd walk up ta Dad an say "*WOOF*"!
Out komes a nudder handful a biskitz!!
Do it agin, Graham!
"*WOOF*" sez Graham...
Treetz all around!!

Dont member hoo'z MawMee it wuz, but she hadda hole pouch a bislits an wuz passin em out next to da piknik tabul inna BarkPark... Big Guyz wuz gettin more dan Cinners wuz...

So whut'z she do??
Yep - up onna tabul... Reechuz out wiffa paw an hooks da pouch! Pullz it ober klose to da tabul an stikz her big mouff Rite Inna Pouch!!

OMG! Miz Kimmy gotz da proof - rite here >>
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/cinder_treats.jpg

"OK, dat'z fine ~ Hold it rite der, Miz Staci.
Ya gotz a NICE SELECTION in here!"

Datz my Cinners!!
Photo Credit: Miz Kimmy!

I tink *Spot* wun da Humpin Kontest...
He an Huney hadda thing goin...
Cinners wuz an urlee kontestant - but pudry quick figgered out she wuz out-klassed an gibed up!
I wuz wunna da *HumpEEz - but figgered why fite it? I'z kinda *used* ta beein onlee Nummer Two onna peckin ordur - so whut'z anudder Hump or two inna grand skeeme a tingz?

Well, Dad'z startin ta nodd off...
Sez by the tyme I finish dis epik - ebberbuddie will be in da BigBedz - which iz where I tink WE otta be!

FANTASTIK Tyme wuz had by ALL!!
We gotta get da Hoominz ta Do It Agin - Reel Soon-like!!

Nitee-Nite, Ebberbuddie!

/s/ da SmokeMutt ;)

babolaypo65
03-30-2003, 10:51 PM
owen is very jealous. he would have had such a good time!!!

glad you all did, and hope you'll be able to do it again soon.

All Creatures Great And Small
03-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a really good time, despite the uncooperative weather! Like YLL said, I toyed around with the idea of heading down there today - it would only have been a 6 hour trip, so I figured if we got on the road by 7 AM...........I started trying to find someone to take my shift at work Sunday, but no luck. Then, Saturday night I started feeling kinda crummy, and by today, I am flat out sick. I called in to work, and I have spent the whole day sleeping on the couch. The bad part is, they will probably be thinking at work that I called in just to go to the dog park and not because I was really sick! When I asked if I could have off at the last minute, I didn't want to say why - it just seemed too weird to say "so I can drive to Ohio and meet some people I know from a pet chat board"! Guess I have some 'splainin to do tomorrow..........:o I'll keep that Memorial Day thing in mind though. Time for another slug of cough syrup and then off to bed.......

shais_mom
03-31-2003, 12:45 AM
A wonderful time was had by all and Keegan is sleeping soundly to prove it!!
My day was saved by Mike, b/c he came prepared and brought 8 batteries and gave me 2!!
I always have problems!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIKE!!! :D:D:D:D

Here is the link for my pics!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290435029&code=4922985&mode=invite

Amy, I SWEAR I didn't know Spot was doing that in one of the pics!!! :)[SIZE=1]And Smoke 'dat was me dat Cinners was eatin outta da bag!!! :o

zippy-kat
03-31-2003, 01:09 AM
Weellllllll, K'Cee and I are *quite* jealous!! In fact, she has a msg for all you guys...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pafca001215a1c440a624169f6207baba/fc6ac124.jpg
*blowz razzberriez*

(Glad you guys had a blast!! I've enjoyed all the pictures!!)

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

Amy, I SWEAR I didn't know Spot was doing that in one of the pics!!! :)[SIZE=1]

As much as he was doing it...I'll be surprised if you were the only one to catch it on camera :)

Great pictures Anna and Staci! I'll have mine Wednesday!

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 05:37 AM
Thank you Cinder's and Smoke, for your repotrt> It made me feel like I was there with you all.

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 05:59 AM
AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pb7fa6c1d22a3fa17b54550c102621b82/fc6b04d0.jpg

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 06:02 AM
OK. Who is who?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pf96ad0f6a7a3810d168349c32a06fe7c/fc6afdf6.jpg

03-31-2003, 06:03 AM
All the pictures are great! You had lots of fun there, all of you!
I added some comments here & there; my membersname there is not Lut, but "sydneybillie" !(I got a member about 2 years ago, when I had just 2 pets , Sydney & Billie!)

this one is my favorite! i hope the copy & paste works, he he!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid33/pd58f4a700d55cd632fffe1d8931cf60b/fd3f1568.jpg

Cataholic
03-31-2003, 06:42 AM
SOOOOO MUCH FUNNNNN!!!! And, really, the cold didn't bother me much. My feet got kinda cold standing in the mud! Poor Molly without her gloves! And, displaced Ohioians...how quickly you get thin skinned..:D

What a muddy mess I was. I got home, parked Mom's car in the garage..yeesh, what a tight fit with a SUV (Yeah, Anna, I thanked her for you!!) I de robed in the basement, put the coat and the jeans right into the washer!!! So many doggie paws, all done with love, I know it.

To give some more detail. I picked up Anna, and the foster Trader (what a sweet, sweet, boy), Huney, and Roxxie. Angus had to stay home with Mark..:( We were followed by Jennifer, Anna's friend from dog obedience school, and her two huskies, and went in search of Molly and Mike. We missed each other at the turn, and met up at the park. What a totally beautiful park!! Anna was mudded by a paw in the face (no injuries :) ), within one minute. So many pups, enough to go around. All friendly, some big (hello Danes), some not so big, hello Huney, but ALL beautiful, and very well behaved. It was quite a sight to see them all run and play so beautifully.

The food was tremendous! And, like most gatherings, enough to go around several times. The company, the friends, the conversation....I can only say that I would have driven twice the distance to do it! I hope Memorial day works out, and with the weekend being what it is...I think early booking is in order.

THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR ALL OF THOSE, LIKE MYSELF, THAT LEFT WITHOUT PAYING AMY FOR THE DEPOSIT!!!!! I THINK WE ALL OWE A COUPLE OF BUCKS EACH..., SO AMY, WHY DON'T YOU PM ME YOUR ADDRESS!! THANKS FOR TAKING CARE OF IT FOR US!!!

Cataholic
03-31-2003, 06:49 AM
Say Hello to Mr. Phred!!!! and his pack of friends....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p3c8f9876278760fb4406bd17bd4f6feb/fc6afd7f.jpg

moosmom
03-31-2003, 07:08 AM
Amy,

THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR ALL OF THOSE, LIKE MYSELF, THAT LEFT WITHOUT PAYING AMY FOR THE DEPOSIT!!!!! I THINK WE ALL OWE A COUPLE OF BUCKS EACH..., SO AMY, WHY DON'T YOU PM ME YOUR ADDRESS!! THANKS FOR TAKING CARE OF IT FOR US!!!

That goes for me too. PM me with your address and I'll send you some money.

A great time. Can't wait to do it again.

Johanna,

I dropped Ashley off at my SIL's house mud and all :D Then went home and peeled my clothes off. It was so nice to finally meet everyone. I've got Memorial Weekend on my calendar already. Who cares if it rains. We'll have shelter, electricity and plenty of food!

Phred,

Sorry I missed you. Being that my brain is a little slow at times, it took me a while to realize, after seeing your F.D. hat, that it was you! Hope you can make it to the Memorial Day outing.

I may have 6 cats, but I can never get enough of doggie overload! All the dogs were wonderful! Everyone should be proud of them.

Uh, Mike...how's Daisy doing?? I hope Jasmine didn't get sick from eating almost the WHOLE BAG of snickerdoodles. :eek:

lovemyshiba
03-31-2003, 07:14 AM
ummmm.... this is priceless
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p0be9996b7742e0f63d9c9f3c5ca47aca/fc6ad305.jpg

and, whoever posted the pic of everyone, I would like to know who is who also!!!!

mugsy
03-31-2003, 07:20 AM
Donna, Daisy is still sleeping!! She ate fine last night so I think she'll be fine. Yep Amy, we need to send you money for the deposit and rent so let us know. Sorry we forgot!

mugsy
03-31-2003, 07:23 AM
Group shot left to right:
Phred, Johanna, Anna, Kim, Staci, Amy, Diane, Christy, Mike, and me.

missing: Leslie, Donna, and Andy

anna_66
03-31-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
OK. Who is who?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pf96ad0f6a7a3810d168349c32a06fe7c/fc6afdf6.jpg
Ok, left to right:
John (Phred), Johanna (cataholic),Anna (anna_66),Kim (ramanth),
Staci (shais_mom), Amy (cincy's mom), Diana (4 Dog Mother), Christy (Dakotas Mommy), Mike (slave of 15), and Molly (mugsy). Donna (moosmom) was helping take the pictures, so here's one of her & Molly

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pe3fb4efdac17a16af2da3890370f8237/fc6b04a1.jpg
Sorry Leslie, I forgot to post one of you too:o
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pb4d4ba333bb3587cea3a394bdd137c92/fc6b04e4.jpg
Here's one of my favoties! Isn't Max just beautiful?!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p4e3d65ef5bf6aa569bd7371c0eb071e3/fc6b04d2.jpg

Well, I'm a little more rested today, but the dogs....they are still snoozing:D Went out to potty, came back in & passed out again!

I had a great time, thanks Johanna for driving (and thanks again Lily;) ) It was so nice meeting the ones I hadn't met yet (Molly, Mike & their gang, Donna, Johanna, Christy & of course Phred with Cinder & Smoke!).

I don't know who had more fun, the humans or the doggies:p
Good blow by blow of the goings on Cinder & Smoke, couldn't have told it better myself!!

Can't wait till we can all get together & do this again!!!!
Looks like Molly & I had the same idea at the same time! Great minds think alike;)

Logan
03-31-2003, 07:35 AM
What a wonderful meeting for all of you, human and dog!!! Can't wait to sit back tonight and take a look at all the albums!!! Thank you for sharing your get together with us!! I know I would have been freezing, thin blooded southerner that I am, but it would have been worth every minute!!!! :D This might be the largest Pet Talk meeting to date!!! :)

jackiesdaisy1935
03-31-2003, 09:05 AM
What a fun time, all the people and pups are beautiful. The photos are great, we are having one at FTLOD in June in Palm Springs, can't wait for that one either. It must be so nice to meet the people you talk to almost every day. I got to meet one of our members and her husband who is from Sonora, Mexico and it was so much fun. So glad you all had such a wonderful time and all the pups are more beautiful than I imagined.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

ramanth
03-31-2003, 09:13 AM
I had a wonderful time! What a PLEASEANT surprise to see Phred, Cinder, and Smokey. :D I loved Smokey's interpretation of the day. :)

I'll have pictures and mini movies to post soon. :D

Love the pics everyone else has shared!

Amy, I want to chip in too for the shelter. :)

AdoreMyDogs
03-31-2003, 09:27 AM
Here is my album of the fun day.
Findlay Dog Park Meeting March 30th, 2003 (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290433555&congratulation_page=Y)

And some of my favorites out of my album:
Mike walked in and was bombarded (as was everyone else who walked in).
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pfb0d20aa7e0451b15bd72c5e21e07db2/fc6a614f.jpg

The cutest chow in the world:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p9121eac40df45e4558eaa09f7736e41a/fc6a60d4.jpg

A couple of cute girls: Huney & Kersey:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p12ae9e8dee82cae7e672640b3bf9e809/fc6a60ce.jpg

Daisy:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p394d65b52099ccc169aa3e836269c198/fc6a60ca.jpg

Dogs everywhere!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p4b330ce27e570cdc8fc3c36ca6f57b3b/fc6a60b3.jpg

Graham getting nuzzled by Mike, and Kersey wanting to join in the love session:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pfb260332f64476faa088ff5ba4408369/fc6a6058.jpg

Jazzy the snickerdoodle cookie thief!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p7b4d3e85ce5644cfbd41fd66175d3f1d/fc6a603c.jpg

Love:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pabebd2f0299ac538c96857ad42333e22/fc6a6017.jpg

Pile of pups....all starving to death:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pbef6d6e5bcb09b824a103e526cd6876d/fc6a5fdf.jpg

Mmmm.....cookies, says Smokey:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pe42fa02c5841bb0daa3b211ba7287d87/fc6a5fc3.jpg

I had such a great time! It was so neat to meet all those wonderful people who I had never had the pleasure of meeting before. What a great turnout, despite the cold!

mugsy
03-31-2003, 09:40 AM
Great pictures everyone!! I have to wait until Mike gets up because I don't know where the card reader is, but we'll get ours up later in the day.

shais_mom
03-31-2003, 12:00 PM
WOW everone's pics are great!!!
I can't wait to see the other ones!
I should be able to make it on Memorial Day weekend. I was panicking that I wouldn't be able to then I remembered that a friend is getting married on Saturday and I DO have it off. But are we planning Saturday or Sunday? :(
Keegan is still snoozing. She and her sister got baths last night. *sigh* its easier to bathe Keegan than Kylie!!! :o
I am so glad everyone had a good time and made it there and home safely!!
:D

shais_mom
03-31-2003, 12:08 PM
I am sure this has already been figgered out but I THINK we had 13 people and 19 dogs all together!

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-31-2003, 01:04 PM
Great pictures!! I am so jealous!!
Looks like everyone, human and canine, had a wonderful time!

NoahsMommy
03-31-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm jealous too!! It looks like you all had so much fun!! :)

Great pictures...everyone and their dogs are gorgeous!! :)

ramanth
03-31-2003, 01:33 PM
Here's some mini movies (http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/minimovies2.html) from the Findlay Dog Park.

And still shots!

Group shot
l to r: John (Phred), Anna (anna_66), Joanna (Cataholic), Kimmy (ramanth), Staci (shais_mom), Leslie (AdoreMyDogs), Amy (Cincy'sMom), Diana (4 Dog Mother), Christy (DakotasMommy), Mike (Slave to 15 dogs), Molly (mugsy)
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/groupclose2.jpg

Donna and Jasmine:
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/donna_jasmine.jpg

Bunch of pups
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/group1.jpg

Humans ;)
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/humans.jpg

Smoke and Huney
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/huney_smokey.jpg

Cinder getting the upper hand ;)
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/cinder_treats.jpg

Sadie and Keegan
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/sadie_ball.jpg

Treats!
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/treats.jpg

Sox:
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/sox.jpg

Snoopy
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/snoopy.jpg

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 01:34 PM
I want to hug Jazzy!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pabebd2f0299ac538c96857ad42333e22/fc6a6017.jpg

ramanth
03-31-2003, 01:34 PM
Phred with treats
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/phred_treats.jpg

Max
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/max.jpg

Kia running
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/kia_run.jpg

Kia table
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/kia_table.jpg

Kia with TAILS! ;)
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/kia_tails.jpg

Cinder and Smoke
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/cinder_smoke.jpg

Keegan and Sadie
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/keegan_sadie.jpg

Huney and Snoopy
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/huney_snoopy.jpg

Pooped out Andy
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/andy_sleeping.jpg

Pooped out Kia
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/kia_sleeping.jpg

Graham and Kersey peeking over the seat
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/ohiodogpark/kersey_graham_peek.jpg

sammi
03-31-2003, 01:58 PM
Thank you guys for posting all these pictures and news!!!!!! It sounds like you had sooooo much fun!!!! I wish I could have been there too!;)

mugsy
03-31-2003, 01:59 PM
Kimmy, I LOVE the movies!! Those are so great. I wish we had one of those!

anna_66
03-31-2003, 02:20 PM
I love the movies too!!! Thanks Kim:D
And I do love your group shot, it's the best one yet!

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2003, 03:52 PM
I can't see the movies!! I'm going to have to ask Ralph to take a look and see if something is wrong with our media player. I don't know why I didn't think about this before, but we have a video camera that also takes digital pictures. Maybe I should bring that next time!!

I think the rental of the shelter worked out to about $2-3/person? For now I'm not going to worry about it. If we work soemthing out for Memorial Day then we can add the two rentals together. No big deal!

My dogs seemed to have recovered...the are all up and about now. We left Spot out with the girls today (as opposed to being in his crate). This was the first day for a full day and they were all good!! Was it cause they were all too tired from yesterday? we'll see as the weeks goes on!!!

mugsy
03-31-2003, 03:54 PM
Very cool Amy. I'm glad Spot proved himself.

wolflady
03-31-2003, 03:54 PM
OMG! How fun!! I'm jealous too! ;) I almost feel like I was there after viewing all of the great pics! What a lovely group and fabulous pack of poochies! :D
**hugs**

Miss Meow
03-31-2003, 03:57 PM
What a fantastic day! I am so envious! Must hatch plot to steal Jazzy and Huney ... :D

The pics look awesome, and great to 'meet' some PTers whose photos I haven't seen before :)

captain
03-31-2003, 04:04 PM
I really, really, really, really, really wish I could have been there. Even without my pups!!!

Molly - best hold on tight to those two Danes ........ I might be coming to "snatch" them away from you!!!

What fabulous pics and movies. Phred - my, my what a story you tell (ooops, sorry Cinners and Smoke, what a story YOU tell) :rolleyes:

Spot - Yes, spottinesses seem to love the "humpin"

I love the group shot, because you can clearly see paw prints on every article of clothing worn!!! I now know what you all look like, and that is great - putting a human to a dog!!!

Taking my time looking over and over at the pics.

......... oh, who made the Chilli??? It sure did look cold out there!

Looking forward to the Memorial Day meeting - MORE pics!

moosmom
03-31-2003, 04:45 PM
Captain,

I made the chili and the snickerdoodles. Jazzy sure liked the cookies and Mike took some chili home with him. We had a smorgasbord (sp?). Everything from chili to coco. Mike made boneless chicken wings (we made a trade-off, chili for wings :D )
I'm drooling just thinking about them wings :p That's my dinner tonight :D.

Cinder & Smoke
03-31-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I can't see the movies!!
I'm going to have to ask Ralph to take a look and see if something is wrong with our media player.

Hey Amy ~

We had trouble watchin the movies, too.
Dad figgered out how to do it...

1) First Open "Windows Media Player"...
If there isn't a short-cut on your desktop;
Click on START;
POINT to "Programs"...
another box should pop up with "Windows Media Player" listed with the other programs -
Point to it and Left-CLICK...

The Player should open and fill the screen with the view box and a whole lotta ads...

2) OPEN Kim's LINK to the Mini Movies - will give you a whole page of movie titles...

3) Point to one title and RIGHT-Click...
4) Drop-down box appears - pick "Copy LINK Location" and RIGHT-Click on it...

5) Back to the Windows Media Player screen...
6) Upper Left Corner - Left Click "File"...
** Drop-down box - find and LEFT-Click the chioce
** "Open URL"

7) The "OPEN" data box will appear...
Point the mouse inside the white box (delete anything that might be already in there),
Then RIGHT-Click and the Link Location you copied from Kim's page **should** magically appear in the data box.

8) Punch the OK button - and the player should load the movie.
You might have to punch the big arrow just under the screen to *roll video*... :D

Kim ~ Movies are GREAT - as are all your stills!!

/s/ Phred

SadiesDad
03-31-2003, 05:11 PM
Cool, Thanks, Phred!

We tried that and it worked great. We also found that saving them to hard disk, then opening worked, too... , although takes a little longer. Microsoft can be so fickle at times! :)

Sounds like everybody had a great time, and I'm glad those who drove long miles seem to have found it worth every one. I wish I could have been there, but the pics and movies make it seem like I almost was. Maybe Memorial Day weekend's get-together will also include me!

We'll get pics up as soon as we get 'em, but don't let that slow down anyone else's posts!

SadiesDad (Ralph)

SadiesDad
03-31-2003, 05:21 PM
And, of course, Spot will not be remembered for this pic:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p0b4557b176e453a67fd3856d99bbb3f4/fc6b0519.jpg

as much as he will be for this one!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p0be9996b7742e0f63d9c9f3c5ca47aca/fc6ad305.jpg

:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2003, 05:26 PM
What can I say? Like father, like dog"son"!!!:D

(Always going after the cute girls...don't know how he ended up with me :) )

AdoreMyDogs
03-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SadiesDad
And, of course, Spot will not be remembered for this pic:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p0b4557b176e453a67fd3856d99bbb3f4/fc6b0519.jpg

as much as he will be for this one!

:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

LOLOLOL!!! I think Spot has found his soul mate :) It's funny, I had about 5 pics that I deleted because the ended up being doggie porn with either Zack humping Huney, or Spot humping Huney :) Spot, you have good taste...Huney is the cutest little thing. And Huney...you have no shame :) Hehehe :)

Cinder & Smoke
03-31-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
... I had about 5 pics that I deleted because they ended up being doggie porn...

SPOT, passin the tyme :rolleyes: inna Treet Line...

Whut They Reelee Sed...

Dad sed:
"Enniebuddie wunt a TREET??"

SPOT sed:
"HAVIN WUN rite now, Mizzer Phred... :cool:
Be there inna sec - Hang onta mine!"

Miz Leslie sed:
:eek: "I kant look!"

Huney sed:
"And *I* thunk dis wuz da BISKIT Line..."

Hope da Head Bunnie duzint *spot* dis ~
We'll all end up inna Dawg House! :p

As wuz sed affore...
Gud Tyme wuz had by all...
Some, more so than others! :D

mugsy
03-31-2003, 07:45 PM
Here are some of ours....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pb2d5554f70dcedc3dbbb702f2fa121ec/fc69958a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p5aa22e963b9d7ab07a92581548c99a0d/fc699594.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pf17a07e89274011da14b872c8d690028/fc6995a2.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p520a08390fbbb197b5e84beb16e111f6/fc699610.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pbd737919ff0cd2eaf45959836b52e227/fc699630.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p49dc3b7aa8cc0259bf4176143e4e4704/fc69963c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p491a7fc08f532e9bb4d294b780a5d94b/fc699644.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p6c51ab6b5cc877ed1572e22d0164b16d/fc699654.jpg

mugsy
03-31-2003, 07:49 PM
And some more...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p85de89db820448d7f79bb4d9c18fbe92/fc699752.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p2b81dd872c9078f52d5c4e19f05a4767/fc699692.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p720e01dde565dd26bd58bf6113d9edae/fc6996a0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pc91a9e9ed85a9682cf4733964850898b/fc6996ba.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p86bffd337b242974cc34c779764fb656/fc6996d1.jpg

mugsy
03-31-2003, 07:52 PM
And yet some more...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pd59a9fbdc8981e8f9683961d24b00b68/fc6996e7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pb27aac8fd114ba9f97f47dd1bb98d65a/fc699701.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p6b12e8526f134d7d3c8723688c8e841c/fc699711.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pa49d829db5f8cf42474c3db21a01a924/fc699720.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p46425411471a7d03e74dc1119aa38d7b/fc699732.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p85de89db820448d7f79bb4d9c18fbe92/fc699752.jpg

captain
03-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks Mugsy - great Pics!!!

aly
03-31-2003, 08:13 PM
GREAT pictures everyone! I wish I could've made it to see you all! It looks like you had so much fun :D

delidog
03-31-2003, 09:26 PM
Wow!!!!
What a GREAT DAY!!!!!
I would have responded this morning,but I spent about an hour looking at anna and staceys' pics....was almost late to work!!!!;)

Mugsy...I couldn't tell if this was the dog park or your back yard!!!!:D ;) :D !!!!!!!!!!
Bet you and Mike felt Right at Home!!!!

its' so great to associate a Dog with a Face!!!!!

Looks like a good time was had by all!!!!
Though you ALL look SOOOOOO cold!!!!!!
it hit 68 here this motning and I reached for another blanket!!!!;)

Cinder and Smoke!!!!Your blow by blow account was Perfect!!!
You guys could be the next Howard Kosell of the Canine World!!!!

So nice to see Traders' new Family!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and All Those Spots!!!!!!!!!!!!
All The Dogs are Just WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!
I can't say enough!!!

If any of you guys want to do a Warm Weather Pet Talk meeting, let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by delidog

If any of you guys want to do a Warm Weather Pet Talk meeting, let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I think I already told you, but we will be Orlando July 26-Aug. 3. Ralph was asking me last night, if we might get a chance to meet you while we are there....Unfortunately our pups won't be with us...how do your dogs feel about Disney? :)

delidog
03-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Hi Amy!!!
Yes, I already had it marked on my calendar!!!!!!

I love Disney...but,No Dogs Allowed...they kennel them at the gate!!!!!
But john and I would still love to meet you guys....we would bring pics...I could bring a tape of them barking for effect!!!!;) :D

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2003, 10:02 PM
Yeah, we've seen the "doggy jail" at the gates...that's why ours stay at home :)

delidog
03-31-2003, 10:05 PM
I LOVE Annas' picture of Sadie!!!!!!!!!
did you look at her album yet?????
I gues that Spot has had his 15 Min. of fame on Pet Talk!!!!;) :p :) :D

shais_mom
04-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Well, Lut requested this so here it is!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p45a913fcbfc9c2451cacb365c8ed1339/fc6ad428.jpg

koxka
04-01-2003, 12:50 AM
I'm seriously Kidnaping my parent's dogs and moving near to Findlay Park:D

Such a bunch of nice people & puppies!

Shais_mom you beat me up ! Anyway here's mine :o Your is better! :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p026db6c4f759629e119c1ff4ea713234/fc690b34.jpg;)

shais_mom
04-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Actually Koxka, the quality of that pic is better than mine!!!:)
he he
Here is Keegan on MONDAY!! :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pf4b0808e0334849d17a682ad46599b9b/fc690199.jpg

and
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pffdc769dbf1f1e078d6d0b5293835167/fc690086.jpg

koxka
04-01-2003, 01:46 AM
No way! Your is better! It's "natural", mine has too much "false"color!

Poor Keegan, she is all worn out!:D

moosmom
04-01-2003, 05:46 AM
Yup, it was a real "Canine Hump Fest"! :D

anna_66
04-01-2003, 08:39 AM
Phred, you & Ralph made me laugh so hard this morning I almost criedhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/rofl.gif
I guess Spot & Huney stole the show!
Mugsy & Leslie your pics were great. I just loved them all. Mark spent about an hour looking at all the pics and watching all Kim's movies. Maybe next time, when it's warm, I can get him to come too:)

ramanth
04-01-2003, 08:47 AM

and Kia sez: Mister Phred! Can you toss me a treat!?! I can't get past the humpin duo. :o ;) :D

04-01-2003, 09:04 AM

I HAD TO reply again! this pic is soooo funny; it gave me instant "hick-ups"...:rolleyes: :D :D

Cincy'sMom
04-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Just to let everyone know....

I called the Park's office today and the shelter IS available for Sunday, May 25th ( day before Memorial Day) I went ahead and put a verbal hold on it (good for 7 days) I'll go ahead and send he money to reserve it for sure....If I do that, and we decide later it won't work, we are able to change the date (within the same calender year) and not loose anything. If we cancel all together, I'm out the $30 rental fee, but still get back the $20 security deposit. I can't imagine we won't get together at all in Findlay, for the rest of 2003, so I see no reason not to go ahead with it!

Maybe being a Holiday weekend we can even get some PT'ers from further away....

Cincy'sMom
04-01-2003, 04:35 PM
I LOVE Annas' picture of Sadie!!!!!!!!!
did you look at her album yet?????
I gues that Spot has had his 15 Min. of fame on Pet Talk!!!!;) :p :) :D

From his rescue to his "hump fest" Spot definately has been one of the most talked about pets in the last 2 weeks!! That's my boy!!!

delidog
04-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Well You Know Amy!!!!
Ya' Gotta be Famous for Something!!!!!!
SPOT is quiteBusy Covering the Gammit!!!;) :) :D

AdoreMyDogs
04-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Just to let everyone know....

I called the Park's office today and the shelter IS available for Sunday, May 25th ( day before Memorial Day) I went ahead and put a verbal hold on it (good for 7 days) I'll go ahead and send he money to reserve it for sure....If I do that, and we decide later it won't work, we are able to change the date (within the same calender year) and not loose anything. If we cancel all together, I'm out the $30 rental fee, but still get back the $20 security deposit. I can't imagine we won't get together at all in Findlay, for the rest of 2003, so I see no reason not to go ahead with it!

Count me in for May 25th!

AdoreMyDogs
04-02-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by lut

I HAD TO reply again! this pic is soooo funny; it gave me instant "hick-ups"...:rolleyes: :D :D

Hehehe :) I thought it was funny, too, but not sure why. It just is. I was driving and Kim took the pics and showed me, and I laughted at that one. Hope your hickups went away alright :) When I get the hickups, the ONLY thing that will get rid of them is a spoonful of peanut butter.

moosmom
04-02-2003, 06:46 AM
Count me in!

Leslie,

Kim gets the hiccups alot. I swear she's a closet drinker :p (just kidding, Kim)

anna_66
04-02-2003, 08:14 AM
I'll be there!

ramanth
04-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Count me in!

Leslie,

Kim gets the hiccups alot. I swear she's a closet drinker :p (just kidding, Kim)

LOL! It's true. ;) :D

I don't forsee any problems with May 25th. We'll definately count on being there!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Wow! Looks like so much fun!!! Looks like all the doggies were in doggie heaven just being able to run and play with anybody and everybody. :D

Smokey, your account of the day was great, and put together with all the pics and Kimmy's videos, it was almost like being there - but not quite 'cause I didn't have any muddy clothes. ;) :D

Findlay is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Chicago....have to see what we have planned for Memorial Day. Any good campgrounds around there? I'm almost sure I could get Terry to go if we could bring the motorhome. Why, or why can't cats be more sociable like dogs?;) :rolleyes: :( :D

shais_mom
04-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Too bad today wasn't Sunday!
GORGEOUS DAY TODAY!
It is almost 80 degrees!!!

Cinder & Smoke
04-02-2003, 02:18 PM

***EVERYONE INVITED***

>> Sunday, May 25th <<
(the day *before*
Memorial Day)

PLEASE NOTE ~

Molly has started a New Thread for the
May 25 - SUNDAY of Memorial Day Weekend
Pet Talk Gathering & FunFest to be held at
FINDLAY, Ohio ~ Hancock County Park District...

Please make your *Reservations* on the >>New Thread<< at:

MAY 25 - Findlay Dog Park - BE THERE! Please! (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=313742) :D

Hope to see a LOT of the PT FurKidz and Hoominz there!!!

Cincy'sMom
04-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Wow! Looks like so much fun!!! Looks like all the doggies were in doggie heaven just being able to run and play with anybody and everybody. :D

Smokey, your account of the day was great, and put together with all the pics and Kimmy's videos, it was almost like being there - but not quite 'cause I didn't have any muddy clothes. ;) :D

Findlay is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Chicago....have to see what we have planned for Memorial Day. Any good campgrounds around there? I'm almost sure I could get Terry to go if we could bring the motorhome. Why, or why can't cats be more sociable like dogs?;) :rolleyes: :( :D

I know of few campgrounds in the area...I'll see what info I can find out about them and get it to you ASAP :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2003, 04:06 PM
I know of few campgrounds in the area...I'll see what info I can find out about them and get it to you ASAP :)

Thanks Amy, but there is a Cracker Barrel right on I-75 so we'll just stay there. :) Oh, and if you're not a camper or motorhomer, Cracker Barrels are very motorhome friendly. They will let you stay in their parking lot overnight for free. You don't have to eat there to stay, but it is the courteous thing to do. If we come, we'll be stopping in Elkhart, IN along the way on Saturday. Elkhart is the "Motorhome Capital of the World" and there is a surplus store we like to stop at to see what kind of goodies they might have that we "need." Then we'll be moving on to Findlay and the Cracker Barrel for the night. Then Sunday we would bring the motorhome to the park since we won't have any other vehicle along, and after everyone leaves Sunday, we'll either start heading back home or stay at the Cracker Barrel again if it gets kind of late.

I know this is getting kind of long, but the very first night we were out with the motorhome, we stayed at a Cracker Barrel in Murfreesboro, TN. After dinner we came back out to the motorhome and watched some TV. It was so fun! It felt like we were in our own little cocoon and the world was just going on around us without touching us. So, odd as it sounds, I love staying overnight in parking lots now. And we are completely contained so we don't need the hookups of a campground.

But thanks for the offer anyway. I'm really hoping things don't work out for Terry's trip to Germany and we can make it. What a great way to spend Memorial Day weekend! :D

And now you're all thinking "Great, this weirdo from Chicago is coming. She likes staying overnight in parking lots for crying out loud!" ;) :D

delidog
04-02-2003, 08:00 PM
Also an Fyi....From one motor home person to another....Wal Mart will let you stay in their lots for free also...nationwide...I like the cracker barrel also...but wal mart also has camping/motor home supplies...its' good to know if you have a flat,or a/c problem or lights or something...
it is safe,well lit...and open 24 hours!!!!!
and of course Free!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-03-2003, 11:29 AM
but wal mart also has camping/motor home supplies...its' good to know if you have a flat,or a/c problem or lights or something...

...and water tank supplies like dumping hoses. ;) :) And yes, we had to find that one out because of necessity. :rolleyes: :D

I'm normally not a Wal-Mart fan, but when we're in the motorhome they're the best! We've only stayed at one or two in our travels because we prefer the Cracker Barrels, but if we need something we skip the Cracker Barrel and head right for Wal-Mart. I particularly love the ones in smaller towns because they aren't anywhere near as mobbed as the ones in bigger towns where you sometimes can't even get in the parking lot - especially at Christmas. :rolleyes: :) But yes, we know about the Wal-Marts, but thanks for the tip. :) :D

Oops, back to your regularly scheduled thread.....;)

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

And now you're all thinking "Great, this weirdo from Chicago is coming. She likes staying overnight in parking lots for crying out loud!" ;) :D

Hey cheaper is good and free is the best!!! Hope you are able to make it!!!

Dakota's Mommy
04-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Great pics everybody! I was so happy to meet everybody! Thanks for sharing all the pics and I can't wait to see the ones from the Memorial Day Meeting Pics!

moosmom
04-03-2003, 04:25 PM
:( :( :(

Wahhhhhhh! That's the weekend of the cat show in Allen Park! Although I haven't sent the fees in yet ;).

Come on guys, twist my arm! Spending $80 to enter 2 cats vs. a great day with friends at the doggie park. Hmmm....

mugsy
04-03-2003, 05:11 PM
I would choose the park....but that's just me... ;)

anna_66
04-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Awwww, come on Donna, you know you'd rather be at the park:D

Cinder & Smoke
04-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Havta polergize fur Dad'z furgettin ta say FANKZ!

Seemsz like Dad wuz given a "Welkum to da Partee Gift" :cool:
An he plumm furgotz ta aknowledge da Gift! :o

Allua Gurlz musta chipped in an gotz him sumpin
we kan Reelee Use atta Ranch...
(And to help da Boots Kat get ober not bein able
to attend :( da big Partee atta BarkPark...)

Whut wuz da Gift????????

A nice, big, fresh, Jug a

KLAM JUZE !! :eek:

OMG! :rolleyes:
He dint knowe wudder ta turn green or pass out!!

We tink it wuz da Kat Gurlz dat wuz behind da kapur ~
Wuz it Miz Johanna (Kataholic) dat made da prezentashun?
You Gurlz shudda snapped a Pixshure to Prezerve Da Moment! :D

Kat wuz SOOOOO Happie :mad: when we gotz back
to da Ranch an unpacked *da Gift*...
He kept *sniffin* inna waddur kup affore he'd stick
hiz lil tung likker innit!!

Gunna havta find a Place of Honor to display dat *gift* inna howze.
Prolly put it inna china kabanet - so da Kat kant nok it ober.

Ennieway ~
*WE* tink it wuz a Nice Gift! :)

Freckles
04-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Phred, doesn't the *gift* need to be in the fridge?:D

captain
04-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Ewwwwww - only a kitty kat would like that juice!!!

Cinners and Smoke - do you know, that I cannot get your phrase :

"passin the tyme, inna treet line" - out of my head!!!

Kia - it DOES look as if you are thinking that!!!! - Mister Phred! Can you toss me a treat!?! I can't get past the humpin duo

Gorgeous :)

delidog
04-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Captain...and Cinder and Smoke:
I hear a Harry Belafonte' song comin' on!!!!!

"Passin' The Time...
Inna Treat Line!!!DEEEEOOOOOO!!!!!!;) :) :D

moosmom
04-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Well...okay, ya twisted my arm. Count me in. What's on the menu?? I can make my infamous "Better than S*x Cake" which is very rich.

Oh Miiiiiike, I'll make more chili if you'll make more wings (I just ate the last of them yesterday for lunch :D )

Any edible requests???

anna_66
04-22-2003, 01:45 PM
She just sent me some of the pics she took at the park, just wanted to share them:D
Jen & the doggies!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p269f1328dfc80309798458e8cf039932/fc4ae7d0.jpg
Tucker (Trader)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p0ecb75344afcd12cd78cd8d72e60ff9d/fc4ae7ba.jpg
Isn't this a great one of my Roxey:o
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pe9ab830748f573c3fd1cd647a7ec74a9/fc4ae7ab.jpg
For some reason, all the dogs started eating dirt:rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p278bda59dea40202a028eb548519173b/fc4ae7a5.jpg
Lots of doggies & people!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p7e2a6a5f7eec5df750cc2ad749c8df06/fc4ae79b.jpg

anna_66
04-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Gotta love those eyes!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pe6b8987328124d8bbfd0f3c13aa7e6d7/fc4ae78c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p52a290f726f839ffe0f91fc86052a8db/fc4ae796.jpg
Zac & Huney:o
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pdf9e31446d94ced9e9265dbabf84ed46/fc4ae79f.jpg

Can't wait till the next meeting!

Cincy'sMom
04-22-2003, 03:47 PM
Great pictures!! Please thank Jennifer for sharing them with us!!

Dakota's Mommy
04-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Staci, can I have the recipe for the peach dump cake?

Yeah, can we have that recipe in writing, I forgot how you said you made it! It was sooooo good!

shais_mom
04-23-2003, 09:08 PM
Sure Christy, how about I put it in the recipe thread?

Dakota's Mommy
04-24-2003, 02:30 PM
That's fine, but I sure to want it, it was good!