PDA

View Full Version : Some Pictures of Micah

NoahsMommy
03-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Well...he came out for me with a little treat pursuasion. :)

Here's our little Mnt. Lion....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/ped81bd71184f69b4d1b1dc9dc2cb9076/fc6bdf9d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pdc540d934f5c93cb86fa34df135f7d26/fc6bdfa9.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p937d6552e850e5192548999e198a10c6/fc6bdfce.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p86e9ad633567aaae21d81a695cd132ca/fc6be08e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p8daf811dd3f6142158cf3febf8784ad1/fc6be074.jpg

A little more about Micah....turns out he IS 3 1/2 years old. He's tiny and I think a bit undernourished. He was used as a breeder for his whole life, all he did was make new kittens. Poor little thing.

I was SO happy that he wasn't too scared to come out to see me. After he got a few treats, he came out on his own to smell my hands a little bit. What a cutie!! :D

slick
03-30-2003, 02:24 PM
Oh Micah you are just beautiful and soon you will realize that you've gone to a very good mommie and you will never be taken for granted again. Welcome to PT Micah and we hope to see many more pictures of you lovely facie.

jenluckenbach
03-30-2003, 02:24 PM
Just look at this FACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pdc540d934f5c93cb86fa34df135f7d26/fc6bdfa9.jpg
Welcome to your new home Micah! Now don't be shy, we are all friends here.

Nomilynn
03-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Kelly he's just beautiful. I'm so happy things are working out! :)

lailamara
03-30-2003, 02:40 PM
He is a little montain lion. I'm so happy YOU have him. That breeder should be put out of business. Is there any way you could track him down? Happily there are people like you who rescue and provide a loving home for these unloved and abused animals. Bless you.

BastetsMum
03-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Micah, Bastet wishes to lick that lovely smoogey face of yours!

She is the same colour and looks very much like a fermal version of you!

BTW: Can I have a hug :D

NoahsMommy
03-30-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by lailamara
He is a little montain lion. I'm so happy YOU have him. That breeder should be put out of business. Is there any way you could track him down? Happily there are people like you who rescue and provide a loving home for these unloved and abused animals. Bless you.
I wish we could find out. While I was filling out the paperwork, I was asking all about that situation. They couldn't tell me anything as far as who it was, I doubt they even know. I asked her if they reported the breeder and she said there was nothing against the law in what she did. :(

Kind of a crappy answer.

Anyway, thanks for all the compliments!! He's such a cutie...I can't wait to get him happy. :)

ChrisH
03-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Kelly, he is so gorgeous!:) I am so happy for you both!
...I can't wait to get him happy. I think you are already well on the way to doing that! :) :)

Chris

AmberLee
03-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Wow! He is adorable. I think he's going to be very happy in your home.

sasvermont
03-30-2003, 03:31 PM
Kelly, he looks pretty healthy from this monitor! Abys are not bred to be heavy cats at all....in fact, the males are usually much larger than the females, but still skinny kitties for the most part. I will confess that my first Aby came from a real cattery (where she was kept in a cage and used for breeding)....and when she arrived at my house, all she did was eat, eat, eat! She was a real puggy kitty and that was not good. So, my guess is that because he is having issues with the stools being not firm, he will stay thin and you will need to adjust his food accordingly. Graemer and Miley needed special food (dry) .. and Miley still does. Abys can have weak or poor gums, immune systems and intestines. That is not to say that all do or that your guy does!

He looks happy so far. I like the underside of your bed. Did you like the underside of my dresser, when Ti first arrived!;)

I just know that he will be happy around your house and that all will be fine with him.

The food I feed Miley is Science Diet W/D. It seems to work.

More pics please Kelly!

krazyaboutkatz
03-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Oh Kelly, Micah is gorgeous!!:D I love his coloring and I'm sure he'll be very happy in your home. I'm so glad that David allowed him to be part of your family. :) More pics please. :)

PayItForward
03-30-2003, 04:39 PM
He's beautiful.
You are so lucky to have this new addition to your kitty family.:)

neko1
03-30-2003, 04:40 PM
what a handsome puss!!! Seeing him puts a smile on my face, thanks for the pictures:)

Aspen and Misty
03-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Sooooo adorable!!!!!

Ash

tatsxxx11
03-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Soooooooo handsome!!!:) He does look like a little Mt. Lion!:) Welcome your new home, Micha!! What a cutie!!

Miss Meow
03-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Wow, he is so beautiful. I just adore his colour and eyes, can't wait to see them when he's all relaxed and happy :) I know it's too early to ask for more pics, but I'll ask anyway!

kimlovescats
03-30-2003, 05:53 PM
What a cute Couga face!!!!! Love him! I am so happy for you all!:D

NoahsMommy
03-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Kelly, he looks pretty healthy from this monitor! Abys are not bred to be heavy cats at all....in fact, the males are usually much larger than the females, but still skinny kitties for the most part. I will confess that my first Aby came from a real cattery (where she was kept in a cage and used for breeding)....and when she arrived at my house, all she did was eat, eat, eat! She was a real puggy kitty and that was not good. So, my guess is that because he is having issues with the stools being not firm, he will stay thin and you will need to adjust his food accordingly. Graemer and Miley needed special food (dry) .. and Miley still does. Abys can have weak or poor gums, immune systems and intestines. That is not to say that all do or that your guy does!

He looks happy so far. I like the underside of your bed. Did you like the underside of my dresser, when Ti first arrived!;)

I just know that he will be happy around your house and that all will be fine with him.

The food I feed Miley is Science Diet W/D. It seems to work.

More pics please Kelly!
Thanks Sas! I just fed him some cat milk I got from PetCo, its a natural version of CatSip. I bought the kind for seniors though, so he'll get the full fat version tomorrow. Silly meowmee. :)

Yea, I remember the underside of your dresser. ;) It didn't take Ti too long to come out, did it? Good news is that he's staying in the same place. He hissed at David this morning when he pulled up the blankets. With me, he listens to me talk and does the slow winking thing. I've got a buddy. ;)

I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow for his check up and I'll ask about the food. We feed them Royal Canin and we REALLY like that. They have a ton of formulas, so hopefully we can find one that will work for him. Noah eats the Special, which is for sensitive tummies, I wonder if that will help him. I'll try that today.

More pics? OK!! I have a few more, still under the bed.

Meowmee? Did you put a treat here??
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pf2addf02f2a24ca1349a1cb5dafeaa6b/fc6bdfbd.jpg

Looking for another treat:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p971ca99bddc1eb026d596a45454ea685/fc6be004.jpg

His eyes look a little icky here, I wonder if he'll need some meds.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pc16796191b8940012b860a34c8ac51d8/fc6be019.jpg

More treats???
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p5743f8a3001d7a0383036601f5b19be2/fc6be039.jpg

I'm a blondie! (What?? I'm fawn???) ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pd2054a16995e827aad9e1fbb825f5c8b/fc6be04f.jpg

David just went to check on him and he drank all his milk and was sitting in the window bed!! Yay!

jenluckenbach
03-30-2003, 06:37 PM
I would really like to know what happened to the "I want to foster, Mike" idea?;) (you know I am just kidding)
Biddy was to be a foster kitty, you know?!?!:eek:

NoahsMommy
03-30-2003, 07:09 PM
To be honest, he was doing so well that I couldn't use "but he needs me to help him trust again" anymore. So I went for the whole thing!! ;)

Soledad
03-30-2003, 07:13 PM
He is gorgeous. I LOVE his colouring.:) :D :)

RockyRoad
03-30-2003, 07:27 PM
Aww! What a cutie!:D

marysmerrycats
03-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Kelly
he's just beautiful! (oh sorry Micah, I mean, handsome!)
he does look like a mtn lion!
great pics!

Tina
03-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Micah is such a handsome kitty!!

Steffi N
03-30-2003, 09:15 PM
Oh, he is beautiful. Micah, welcome to your new home.

shais_mom
03-30-2003, 09:32 PM
He is sure Gorgeous!!
I am so happy for all of you!

NoahsMommy
03-30-2003, 11:23 PM
It seems sweet Micah will do anything for food!! He came out and hung out with me!!!! :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pafb1160e368e062330ab7a6e478d4a5a/fc6aeb11.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p20c70e0e82552a556a9ebe5f4da2ade1/fc6aeb1f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p741b2058c2d22a7237087febdd0ca56a/fc6aeb46.jpg

:) :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Awwwww Kelly, he already looks like he's relaxing more and making himself at home. :) The pic of him playing in the water is just so cute and with an aby you can expect a lot of that. :) My Sunny is only half aby and loves to play in water. :) Please keep the pics coming. :D

Vio&Juni
03-31-2003, 04:28 AM
WOW, was is you Kelly that even found reasons for not taking in another kitty?!?!?!
Micah is so sweet!!!! I love his color. I feel a little sad seeing how he's asking for food - yes, I think he was undernourished. But, in no time, his fur will become shiny and silky and his eyes will look for toys more than for food. How is he dealing with the other kitties?

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 05:27 AM
I see you have dear Micah in your sig. already.:D But since he moved into the second row that leave 4 unused spaces. ;) :p :rolleyes: :eek:
(suffice it to say, I am glad I am not in "hitting" range) hee hee
It is SO good to see him out from under the bed already.

sasvermont
03-31-2003, 05:40 AM
You will have such a sweet kitty once you get them all together. Male Abys are usually much more able and willing to mingle, than female Abys.

Keep those photos coming!

Sas and her female Aby....yikes....;)

Barbara
03-31-2003, 05:48 AM
Awww another handsome Aby boy at PT. Kelly to me he looks absolutely fine in weight. Filou is 7,5 lb and he is a seven year old tom. I think Micah has the cute Tommy face because he was not fixed early -this gives him more of a macho look.

He looks like a purrfect net love for Bastet:)

catmandu
03-31-2003, 09:52 AM
Kelly , if Micha is undernourished , the food I would use is eukanuba kitten formula , that always did wonders at the lost cat hotel. Good luck n your new addition.

wolflady
03-31-2003, 12:36 PM
OMG! I'm so happy to see that Micah is already venturing out! He's just gorgeous! :D :D I'm so excited for you and your new addition! Keep those pics of your handsome guy a comin! :D
**hugs**

aguu
03-31-2003, 01:01 PM
I was pretty sure Micah would end up coming home with you. I'm so happy for you! He looks like a
sweetheart. I just LOooooove that squinty face in the first picture!
Congratulations!!! :D :D :D

anna_66
03-31-2003, 01:06 PM
He is just stunning! I'm so happy to see he's starting to come out for you:)

batgirl1980
03-31-2003, 02:13 PM
Awww I"m so happy for you! I was away all weekend, and I come and see you got him! YAY! he is sooo handsome. I can't wait for all the photos you're going to get of him.

He looks like a real sweetie! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2003, 02:41 PM
Oh Kelly, I'm so happy you were able to get Micah! :) I knew, from the minute you said you wanted him that you he would end up with Noah, Noel, Basie, Olivia and Oliver as brothers and sisters. He is beautiful and really does look like a mountain lion. I love his coloring.

And I agree that your husband must love the kitties and you very much! Now, how did you talk him into it....??? Any suggestions I can use on Terry? ;) :)

BastetsMum
03-31-2003, 02:48 PM
Bastet wholeheartedly agrees with you Barbara!:D

NoahsMommy
03-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Male Abys are usually much more able and willing to mingle, than female Abys.
I didn't know that, thanks Sas! I really think he and Basie will be great friends. :)

He looks like a purrfect net love for Bastet
Awww! They would be cute!! I'll let you know how much he weighs today at the vet, I have a feeling Bastet may be a bit bigger than Micah, even at only 7.5 lbs. Would she mind that? ;)

Kelly , if Micha is undernourished , the food I would use is eukanuba kitten formula , that always did wonders at the lost cat hotel. Good luck n your new addition.
Thanks so much! I'll have to stop on my way home today. :)

And I agree that your husband must love the kitties and you very much! Now, how did you talk him into it....??? Any suggestions I can use on Terry?
:) I just told him that I will take full responisibilty for everything the cats need. So basically, I scoop the boxes and calm them down if there are any problems during the intros. David is a real cat person, but I know he feels wierd having so many cats...I told him that as soon as we get our bills paid, we'd look for a condo (something larger). He caved pretty quickly. Maybe that'll work on Terry too?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
:) I just told him that I will take full responisibilty for everything the cats need. So basically, I scoop the boxes and calm them down if there are any problems during the intros. David is a real cat person, but I know he feels wierd having so many cats...I told him that as soon as we get our bills paid, we'd look for a condo (something larger). He caved pretty quickly. Maybe that'll work on Terry too?

Thanks for the suggestions, Kelly, but unfortunately I am already responsible for everything concerning the cats since they were mine when I came into this relationship. Although he did clean up Tubby's latest puke on the white carpeting. :)

And we live in a nice sized townhome now, and the next step is downsizing since Terry is nearing retirement age, so the next living space we plan on will actually be much, much smaller (the motorhome - fulltime!:eek: ) so that's actually working against me. Oh well, I'll just keep sending him really cute pictures of kittens to soften him up. :D

Micah is really a handsome boy. I sure hope the introductions go better with him than they did with Oliver. That will help David confirm that he made the right decision.

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2003, 09:08 PM
Micah sure is a handsome boy!!! Looks like he is adjusting pretty quickly, a big change from the original meeting at the shelter. Another Happy Rescue!

popcornbird
03-31-2003, 11:03 PM
Awwwww!!!! He's SOOOOOOOOOO cute! I never knew you got a new cat! Looks like I missed something! Congrats on #6!!!

When do you get #7? I remember when you just had 2. :)