PDA

View Full Version : Do you think about PT'ers while shopping?

Nomilynn
03-30-2003, 12:58 AM
After having a conversation with some others, we got to thinkin'.. do you often think to yourself, hey!! (insert name here) would LOOVE that!!

For example, I can't look at cute bunny stuff without thinking of Zippy/Tonya.
Wolves = Amy/Wolfq and Rachel/CountryWolf!!
Tuxie cats and Cataholic go hand in hand!!!

Sometimes I just wanna buy it and mail it to them!!

Anyone else?? ;) :D

wolf_Q
03-30-2003, 01:05 AM
All the time!! Hehehe...like shopping today....it was bunnies EVERYWHERE...Tonya!! lol :D

Whenever I hear Country music I think of Rachel/Countrywolf. :)
And if I see anything *Nelly* of course I always think of KayAnn!

And of course, there's many people I think of related to dog breeds...even sometimes dogs that come in to be groomed, I'll think, "Oh <that person> would *love* this dog!" :D

There's been many times I've wanted to just buy something and send it to them! ;)

Nomilynn
03-30-2003, 01:07 AM
Oh yes KayAnn and Nelly go together too!! LOL. Even if I see a music video I think of KayAnn :D

I always think of Donna/Moosmom when I see sphinx kitties! :)

Miss Meow
03-30-2003, 01:39 AM
Stylish hats = no one else but Edwina :) Do they come in cat size?

If I see big, funky dog collars, I think about Nebo and Simba and the other big dogs and wish I had one!

This isn't shopping, but sometimes during the day, I think about what time it is in popular Pet Talk time zones, l like Europe and and east and west coasts of the USA.

zippy-kat
03-30-2003, 01:56 AM
:D :D :D

anything wolf = amy 'n rachel!!!
anything calico = nomilynn
anything greyhound = Staci
anything GSD = Phred, Sudilar
anything small, scruffy, and slightly resembling a terrier = ALY!
anything w/ orange cats = rascal 'n fister!

Barbara
03-30-2003, 05:11 AM
I am talking about PT friends just like about all others. My colleagues (the cat loving ones of course) know about the furloves of my boys, about Edwina's style, about the tragic things that happen here.
In the 18th century people could not travel that much so they had long intense friendships just based on daily letters. We can exchange them not just daily but much more often.

iceyshiver21
03-30-2003, 09:02 AM
I dont nessasarly when Im shopping but Im going somewhere and see a pretty sunset or a cute picture of my cats/dogs/horse/rabbits/guinnia/rat. Or like really cool pictures or when I got places and see dogs that look like theres its like "Hey, I wonder if that could be _______"

Andie
03-30-2003, 12:14 PM
Dustin probably gets sick of hearing about Pet Talkers, cuz I'm always saying something about something or someone on here.

Last night he ask me if he went in the Marines where would I want to be stationed. My reply, "Anywhere near some Pet Talkers!" LOL

lovemyshiba
03-30-2003, 02:41 PM
My husband thinks I am nuts. I talk about PTers all the time. Yesterday, when we were trying to come up with at name for Riley, he told everyone at work that I would have to check with my "consultants" first!! The owner of our local pet store knows about Pet Talk, as does our vet--I tell them about it all the time. I'm like "well, I heard this on Pet Talk blah, blah blah"
And I definitely think of others, especially when I see other dogs--I always wish I have my camera, so I can take pics!! For example--I always see 2 shelties on my way to work--Primabella; I see a husky on my way to work--Amy; a poodle lives near us--Pam, and pretty much any others:)

NoahsMommy
03-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Not while shopping, but when I see an animal, totally. :)

I hear you all on the whole hubby rolling their eyes. ;) I don't know how many times I've said, "Well, we were talking online and so and so said...." :D

Karen
03-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Yup! I think of Sandra when I see Cape Cod-themed stuff, and of everyone whose dogs/cats are a recognizable breed when I see poodle-stuff, Lab stuff, etc., etc. Popcornbird for cockatiels, Sasvermont ofr Abys, etc.. When I am buying parsley for Miss Hoppy, of course I think of all the other sweet parsley-breathed bunnies, including Miss Sophie at the Rainbow Bridge.

popcornbird
03-30-2003, 03:33 PM
I do! Most definitely! When I go to my friend's house, I remember AspenandMisty because my friend's bunny looks just like Julian!

When I see wolves on TV or husky plushies at the store, Amy comes to my mind right away!

When I go to Petco, something always reminds me of someone! The rats at Petco most definitely remind me of luckies! Many times they have tiels that look just like Roger or sometimes Rilla! Then I'm reminded of Logan and Cookiebaker!

Whenever I see a tux kitty, I'm reminded of Cataholic!

And for some reason, something Lut or NoahsMommy said always hits my mine while shooping. :confused:

lovemyshiba
03-30-2003, 07:27 PM
duh--how could I forget--Kayann--whenever I hear Nelly:D

03-31-2003, 06:07 AM
I surely do!! not anyone in particular, just in general!
Remember that PT-cap I have? The first thing I thought when I saw it in that catalogue, was :"ooooooo , would be purrfect for Pettalk!!!" ;) ;) ;)

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/Pettalk-pet%201.jpg

Cataholic
03-31-2003, 06:59 AM
Whenever I see an orange boy, I immediately think of Fister! Lillycat and I have been out together, and we will talk of PTers...Moosmom always comes to mind with Moo cats..and the phrase, "hot suede water bottle".. 'tiels remind me of Pops...and when I see my sister's 'tiels, I wonder if they are like Pops. Whenever I think, "one more?" I think of Jen and Mugsy.

Nomilynn
04-03-2003, 05:07 AM
I always thing of PCB when I see ANY bird, really :) Especially one that is singing.. I always think of happy birds in relation to PCB because I think she does a lot to make her birds happy :)

Dakota's Mommy
04-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes, it sometimes happens! Especially like other people have said with the Nelly stuff! Plus, it probably helps that my mom and my sister are also Pet Talkers!