PDA

View Full Version : I have decided...

wolfsoul
03-29-2003, 06:54 PM
I have decided that I'm not going to do conformation when I'm older. I always thought that I would have two dogs, and that I would put my german shepherd in confo...but I don't want to risk him getting cancer by not neutering him. :(

Are there any classes for altered dogs? Any opinions?

Thanks,
-Jordan

KYS
03-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Jordan,
How about obedience, agility or herding.
GSD are very smart and should do
quiet well in obedience and agility etc.
I think it would be very rewarding to compete
in either one. :)

wolfsoul
03-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Yes, lol, I'm definatly doing agility! :D I just always wanted to be involved in numerous things...I also want to get into dog diving ;) and possibly obedience...The dogs I'm getting (catahoula and german shepherd) are both herding dogs, but I think I will avoid putting them in herding, simply because I'm not very fond of dogs with too much herding instinct, atleat the ones I've met, and I'm afraid they might drive me nuts by nipping my heels all day :rolleyes:

But I'm still very interested in conformation..:(...It looks like alot of fun, but even if I don't get to do it, I'll atleast be doing other things :)

Thanks for replying ;)

CamCamPup33
03-31-2003, 02:17 PM
what do u do in conformation??

wolfsoul
03-31-2003, 06:53 PM
Conformation is when you and your dog stand there and the judge checks the dogs fur, muscles, teeth, and everything else, and then makes you trot up and down with your dog. The winning dog is the dog who displayed the best looks and character of the breed that it is :)

Anakins mom
03-31-2003, 07:26 PM
You could always get your conformation points and then have your dog neutered. That is what many people are doing now.

wolfsoul
03-31-2003, 07:29 PM
That's a good idea :) I could atleast get enough points to make him a champ while he's still a pup, then neuter him later! :D Thanks! :)