PDA

View Full Version : saying hello

carole
03-29-2003, 01:09 AM
well folks has been interesting reading all about everyones delight in devouring delicious ice cream, lets start on chocolate, i am sure there are plenty chocoholics out there.
Just to change the subject, back to our furry friends, did you know here in nz there is a waiting list for people who want to help out with the cats at the s.p.c.a amazing, good news though. told u we were a cat loving nation.
lexies eye has improved somewhat, but i talked to the lady at the cats league today where i adopted her, and she is going to give me some ointment so thats great, hope it does the trick. she had her first little adventure out in the garden today, we left the ranchslider open, she did not attempt to go out really, but then followed me to the washing line and back, she seemed happy with that, i had been taking her out 2 to 3 times daily on leash, so she would get to know the area, she had been two mths at the league mostly caged in large cage, but had escaped for two days apparently but then came back all happy, so just as well, she was waiting for her new mum to come pick her up, i have had lexie two weeks now, and she is very settled and happy.
lady thought lexie could have clymadia in eye, as its only in one eye, but i still think she may have hurt it whilst i was out. who knows.:)

kohala
03-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Just curious, fellow cat-lover - why not post this in Cat Health or Cat General? It's not a controversial "doghouse" type subject - not that it isn't OK here;) ?!
Meow!

tatsxxx11
03-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Yes, Caroloe!! Please do post this again in Cat General!! Lots of happy, non-combative cat lovers will loving hearing all about how Lexi is doing!!:) She sounds like she's having no troubles easing herself into her forever home!! A stroll in the garden; how sweet! I hope her eye continues to improve! And good for all you caring, dedicated, NZ cat lovers, offering to donate your time! No wonder Lexi came wandering back after her "great escape!" I'll bet it's a very caring place! And of course, her forever Mom was just about to reveal herself!!:)

carole
03-29-2003, 09:28 PM
silly me did not realise i was posting somewhere different, forgive me i am new to all this, next time i will try and get it right ok lol

Logan
03-29-2003, 10:44 PM
You're doing fine, Carole. In fact, in the midst of all the war talk, it was nice to read something different, even if this board wasn't the proper place to do it!! :)

kohala
03-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Well said Logan - and who says war is the only doghouse topic? I mean, have we talked about cloning yet (jk)?