PDA

View Full Version : Rough Week

Cheshirekatt
03-28-2003, 09:06 PM
So I haven't been around much the past week or so. _It's been a busy week. _ _
On Friday our Foster dog, Norbert attacked Buford causing another dog fight. We caught it really quickly and broke it up this time, but in the process my bf got bitten and required a number of stitches to patch him up. _ _ _

Unfortunately I had no choice but to contact a local no-kill shelter for Norbert. I felt that the situation was getting out of my control and I didn't want any person or dog to get hurt. _ When I dropped Norbert off I sat in my truck and cried for a good five minutes. _ _ This particular shelter is a wonderful facility....I adopted my pretty girl, Wilma from them so I know they'll take wonderful care of him. _ I really didn't want him to go just any where. We'd spent the last 6 weeks building his confidence and getting him healthy and I didn't want that to go to waste in a noisy, public shelter. I just felt so very responsible for the whole situation because I'm the one that really wanted to foster the dog. We'd never had a dogfight before, and we haven't had one since. I donated his adoption fee and they've been keeping him up front behind the desk, so he'll get lots of exposure.

*sigh*

sabies
03-29-2003, 08:34 AM
It sure sounds like you did everything you could do, and bringing him to the no-kill shelter was the most responsible choice. Norbert is a lucky dog to have you watching out for him. I hope he finds a forever home soon!

lovemyshiba
03-29-2003, 09:24 AM
I bet Norbert will find a forever home soon. He sounds wonderful, he may just have to be an "only dog"! I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but you did everything you could for Norbert, and now you made a good choice for him. Let us know when he finds a forever home!!!

anna_66
03-29-2003, 09:27 AM
But I'm sure he's going to find a good home.

I would love to foster, but with Angus...no way!

Cheshirekatt
03-29-2003, 11:23 AM
The funny thing is that Norbert was great with Wilma and Joxer. He just didn't like Buford. Oh well. I took bf's stitches out yesterday (all 11 of them!) and his hand looks like it's healing well.

The shelter just called me and let me know that there's a family interested in Norbert so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.