PDA

View Full Version : *sniffles* poor ratties..:(

wolfsoul
03-28-2003, 07:24 PM
I went to the petshop today, and almost died when seven little heads poked out from a tunnel. They are adorable! Two fawn double rexes, one blue-beige bareback, one agouti hooded, two silvered beige hoodeds with bright pink eyes, and one albino. I immediatly went for the double rexes of course. I've never seen one except for on the internet, and I just fell in love! After that, I made my way to the agouti hooded that looked like Icarus - and I paused.
After picking this one up, I realized, that he was a she ! And not only that, but I took a good look at the potbelly that was beginning to shape! :eek:
I picked up every last one, and after close observation, there were the two double rex males, and the rest were female! :mad: And they are all pregnant !
I went up to an employee right away. He said, "so I see you like the skinny rats," referring to the double rexes. I told him yes, but that he should split up the sexes. He told me that they were told that the litter was all male! :eek: I corrected him, and told him of the females' conditions. He was like "Uh oh..." So I helped him split them up. But GRRR!!! I can't wait until I'm older and will rid all petshops of their rats and sell them to good homes myself, with love and care! :mad:

Sorry for venting, I'm just really upset! :( They were soooo sweet :(

Desert Arabian
03-28-2003, 07:27 PM
All petstores do that, all over the world. That's one way of getting their next batch of ratties to sell. When I bought Oreo, Skittles, and Nugget from the petstore- they were all pregnant too.

Knowing my luck, Chloe and Daisy probably are too. But they are so tiny....its so hard to tell.

:( :(

wolfsoul
03-28-2003, 07:38 PM
yeah..I wish I could buy them..I would give them a safe place to have their babies :(

CathyBogart
03-29-2003, 12:36 AM
That's not how my workplace gets their babies. Almost all of our rats come from customers and are promptly separated. The problem with this is that any that have grown up a bit don't sell because everyonw wants the cute babies, so the ones that come in as babies and don't sell within a week wind up in the feeder bin.

Jessica12345
03-29-2003, 08:56 AM
:(