PDA

View Full Version : I Want to Foster Mike...How to Convince Hubby?

NoahsMommy
03-28-2003, 05:31 PM
OK, I want to foster Mike....Oliver is really settling in all the sudden and I know that we could help Mike to like people.

I REALLY want to foster him, but David is kind of against it. For some strange reason, he thinks I'll want to keep him!! ;) ;)

How do I convince him?? If I can't keep him, fine, but I want to help him. This little guy is really pulling on my heart strings....

We'll see him tomorrow! And I'll let you all know how he is. In the mean time, he's on their site: Humane Society (http://www.humanesocietyvc.org/DSHCATS.html) He's the third cat down. He looks more tabby looking in this picture, but he's all ABY!! :)

wolflady
03-28-2003, 05:35 PM
http://www.humanesocietyvc.org/03-12mike.JPG
What a cutie Mike is!! :D I'm so glad to hear that things are going better with Oliver! :D
Hmmm....maybe you could convince your hubby for fostering Mike by saying that helping Mike would make him more adoptable....plus, it would give Basie a friend to play with! What better way to socialize a cat then in your home with other kitties??!! ;) :D
**hugs**
What's Chili like? He was a cutie too! :o

NoahsMommy
03-28-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
What's Chili like? He was a cutie too! :o
Chili is a sweet boy....he's large, like a lion. :)

But...he doesn't like other cats...its almost like a mulitiple personality thing. He's very, very sweet outside, but a big bully inside with the other cats.

rosethecopycat
03-28-2003, 06:22 PM
I can't see the picture. Can we have a different link?
:(

NoahsMommy
03-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Here's a direct link to the short haired cats: http://www.humanesocietyvc.org/DSHCATS.html

He's the 3rd one down...

BastetsMum
03-28-2003, 06:56 PM
hehehe Mike has that *get me out of here* expression that Bastet gets when she is confined to a small space. He looks so much like Bastet!

batgirl1980
03-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Well, I agree with wolflady.. just tell him that it would make him more adoptable.. and then when he falls in love with mike,.... and doesn't want to give him up ;) it's all settled!

I say, just get him and sneak him home, and then go "wow! Look who must have snuck into my car on the way home! Now we HAVE to foster him. After all, we can't break his heart and he came all this way... " :D

Midnight is beautiful on the site.. 9 yrs old?!!! Why would someone abandon her?? "too many cats" ?!?! how can u have too many cats?!! and why is that the one to go? grrr people and their "reasons" make me soo mad.

and poor cleo.. "too shy" uh.. so? and buster? sheesh.. I don't know how you keep from taking all of them home!!! :D

NoahsMommy
03-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by batgirl1980
Midnight is beautiful on the site.. 9 yrs old?!!! Why would someone abandon her?? "too many cats" ?!?! how can u have too many cats?!! and why is that the one to go? grrr people and their "reasons" make me soo mad.

and poor cleo.. "too shy" uh.. so? and buster? sheesh.. I don't know how you keep from taking all of them home!!! :D
Midnight is a HUGE sweetie! I've only met him last week, but he's a gentle giant...Mike loved him.

Cleo is....uh...ALL GIRL!! She hisses a lot at other cats, I think she'd be better in a home where she can be princess. :)

Miss Meow
03-28-2003, 10:40 PM
When I first read the title, I thought you were going to adopt a man called Mike and that's why your hubby was reluctant! :rolleyes:

I hope David comes around, it sounds like Mike needs and deserves some love and stability for a while. And hey, if he never happens to leave your front door, then all the better :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Kelly, I think that fostering Mike is a great way to help socialize him to both cats and people. :D I sure hope that David will change his mind. I'm also glad to hear that Oliver is coming around too. :) Sometimes it just takes cats a little longer than others. Good luck. :) David please let Kelly foster Mike. This experience could change his life for the better and help him get a forever happy home. :)

NoahsMommy
03-28-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
When I first read the title, I thought you were going to adopt a man called Mike and that's why your hubby was reluctant! :rolleyes:

I hope David comes around, it sounds like Mike needs and deserves some love and stability for a while. And hey, if he never happens to leave your front door, then all the better :)
hee hee! :D Too funny!!!! I'm REALLY hoping the shelter will allow it. ;)

neko1
03-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Since no one can resist an Abyssinian, I'm sure your husband can't for too long!;)