PDA

View Full Version : another spring smell

lovemyshiba
03-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Today, while walking out of the store, I smelled freslhy cut grass--that definitely makes me think of spring and summer!!!

2kitties
03-28-2003, 04:20 PM
hmm, the smell of cut grass is wonderful.

Here are my standard smells that ring in the seasons for me:
Grass and honeysuckle make me feel like spring.
Charcoal grill smells like summer
I'll have to think about fall, not sure
Fire coming from fireplaces- wonderful winter smells.

bluekat
03-28-2003, 04:20 PM
I know that feeling you get when you just know that Spring is in the air! Freshly cut grass=Spring&Summer! yay! :)

iceyshiver21
03-29-2003, 10:18 AM
I like the smell when the snow melts and you can smell the dirt and old grass.

Desert Arabian
03-29-2003, 10:22 AM
Nothing makes me think of spring and summer more than the smell of rain. I *love* when you can smell the rain, it calms me down and gets rid of my stress. Don't know why...but I like it. :)

Kfamr
03-29-2003, 11:36 AM
Spring, yay!;)
Summer, YUCK!:(

micki76
03-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Spring, yay!;)

Oh, Amen. Summer is gross here. 110 degrees with 100% humidity. YUCK!

iceyshiver21
03-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Spring, yay!;)

He try and go from 100 degree summers to -20 below winters

Cookiebaker
03-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Spring, yay!;)

Nope, don't agree. New England summers are generally cool & breezy. If it is hot during the day, it cools down at night for perfect sleeping weather. I *love* spring and summer!!!!

Kfamr
03-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Summer is so gross here. It gets so hot and so damned humid. I'm soooo glad AC was invented! I would have never survived lol.:cool:

Nomilynn
03-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Fresh cut crass is the ONLY seasonal allergy I have!!! I can stand being on grass that hasn't been cut for a couple of days, but if it's just been done my eyes get really red and itchy and I get all plugged up. My doctor perscribed me Flonase for that allergy, and it does help. It isn't SO bad that I can't deal with it, but it certainly is annoying!!! It's too bad because it is a lovely smell!!!!

I really love the colour of a summer blue sky. It's not really that pale blue, but a rich colour. It makes me happy to look at it! :)

popcornbird
03-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Spring is nice, summer is usually in the high 80s - 90s here, with an occasional 100-110. THAT is awful! But have you ever been in 125 degrees? You need to try that, cause I have. :p

Karen
03-29-2003, 05:23 PM
See, it depends on where you live! I bet KayAnn would like a New England summer, and lots of New Englanders would like a Florida winter - that's why so many of them go there!

But if you suddenly transplanted KayAnn in a New England negative-temperatures January night, or one of us to a 100+ humid Florida July, we'd each declare "I hate winter" and "I hate summer" in turn! :)

Mud is the smell of spring! :)

Logan
03-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Nope, don't agree. New England summers are generally cool & breezy. If it is hot during the day, it cools down at night for perfect sleeping weather. I *love* spring and summer!!!!

Anna, you'll have to ask Sandra and Karen about the New England summer weather that occured when Helen and I visited them summer before last. We bought windbreakers and sweatshirts for our 8 day trip. We NEVER wore them! It was close to 100 degrees every single day we were there!! LOL!!! Go figure. We were looking forward to the cool weather and the only time it was cool was when we stepped into the ocean!!! :) We still had the BEST time ever!!!

wolfsoul
03-29-2003, 07:30 PM
I ate some chocolate mints today, and I just could't believe how much they tasted like Christmas! :eek: I hate winter, but I'll always love Christmas.
Here, in the winter, most people go to Mexico.
The summers here are sooo hot!!! Maybe not to some of the people near the equator, but they are hot to me! :eek:
My friends had a good laugh in the winter when we were talking about how hot the summers are in the southern states, and if a person from there came up here in the winter..they would freeze! lol the temperatues here in winter are generlly below 10 :rolleyes:

Kfamr
03-29-2003, 07:44 PM
I like it COLD! It got down to the 30's down here and i LOVED it!!!:D

popcornbird
03-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I ate some chocolate mints today, and I just could't believe how much they tasted like Christmas! :eek: I hate winter, but I'll always love Christmas.
Here, in the winter, most people go to Mexico.
The summers here are sooo hot!!! Maybe not to some of the people near the equator, but they are hot to me! :eek:
My friends had a good laugh in the winter when we were talking about how hot the summers are in the southern states, and if a person from there came up here in the winter..they would freeze! lol the temperatues here in winter are generlly below 10 :rolleyes:

You think the summers in BC are hot?!?!?! *gasp*

You probably have one of the coolest summers in the world! When my cousin came to visit us from BC, he was dying on a cool summer day (85 degrees). We can bear it in the 100s. :p Can't believe you think 70-80 degrees is a hot summer! :p I've been to BC numerous times in the summer (July) and it felt like spring! :eek:

wolfsoul
03-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Hmmm...well I don't know how to calculate farenhiet...here we use celcius, but it got up to 46 degrees celcius...What's that in faranhiet? :confused:

Dakota's Mommy
04-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Yes, that is a spring time enjoyment smell of mine too! I love spring!

lynnestankard
04-03-2003, 04:17 PM
46 C = 122 F Wolfsoul. I'd be dying with heat exhaustion!!!!!:eek: :eek:

kingrattus
04-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Our summers 45C once & a while its hotter
Our winters -50C or even colder & u can't forget about wind chill, thats when it feels colder then it really is, & that wind freezes u quite fast... I think this winter was the worst for long lasting -40 (& colder) temps... I couldn't leave the house & walk to the bus stops, I had to get a drive to work & school everyday.

& the worst winter ever was when we had "Ice Storm '98" so many trees died, u couldn't walk outside, I had to use a hoe to break ice in the back yard so my dog Max could go pee without slipping & hurting himself. There was no power for 3-6 weeks for thousands of people, so many pets died & I think only 2 people died cause a huge tree fell on their traylor

wolfsoul
04-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
46 C = 122 F Wolfsoul. I'd be dying with heat exhaustion!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Oooh in the hundreds, that sounds hot! :eek: It is really hot, I can't stand it! And even worse, I usually go to Creston in the summer, and it's sooo much hotter than it is here! :eek:

When I went their last year, my friend and I took cold showers with our clothes on, slept with ice packs under our clothes and no blankets, and usually just spent the day sitting around fanning ourselves lol. My friend actually convinced me to jog at one point! Ahk! Never again!

I'm not sure if our winters go as far down as yours, Kingrattus, the coldest I've heard is -30....The average winter is -10 though.

Jessica12345
04-03-2003, 07:46 PM
o i love the fresh wonderful smell of summer!:D unfortunately, i havnt smelt it yet!:eek: :(

kingrattus
04-03-2003, 11:12 PM
Ont & Que get hit fairly harsh. but I'm only talking province wise. the YK, NWT, NV r lots colder & get more snow then any of us. PEI this year was unusaly warm & snowless (or it only had a bit of snow) I was walking around in a sweater & light pants for a week during Xmas, but coming back to Ont's super cold weather -40C or colder just sucked... hehe