PDA

View Full Version : Advice please?

primabella
03-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Okay, as you all probably know there is a Golden that lives in the house in back of my street. We always see him when we go for a walk (Mickey and me). Now, I checked and Bull (I nicknamed him that because I always thought he was being a bully when he'd bark, but when I found out its cause he wants to play, I dropped the -y :rolleyes: Hehe) he has a dog house but I don't see any bowls around. There is a basketball and a kiddie pool that he chews on. (the kiddie pool is deflated) He is always outside and has to stay walking around in his poop, which I don't really see being cleaned up, and mud. He pushed the board that blocks him from escaping from the yard, way out. He can stick his neck through. Anyways, he and Mickey were playing today. Like, actually playing. They run along the fence (dragging me along *sigh*) and get into the pouncing position. I know they wanna play and this poor dog just waits for Mickey to come by each day. He is actually there, waiting.

I told my mom and she said that we can't do anything about it and to stop walking Mickey along that street. I know it would be a good idea so the two won't have to bare with separating and start whining and crying, but then again - Mickey comming by is probably Bull's only way of playing or having any possible excercise.

So should I stop walking Mickey along that street? Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Kfamr
03-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Maybe you should go to the neighbors house and ask them aobut the dog. Ask them if he'd like to go for a walk with you since him and Mickey seem interested in each other. Maybe you could start taking him from walks with you a mickey play with him some feed him bathe him, whatever he needs.

primabella
03-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks for your advice. I would really do that for the dog, the thing is they are most probably gonna tell me off for butting into their business. *sigh* I guess I could try it out, I'll just wait for the right oppurtunity. There's a dog park in back of my house so hopefully he will be there...:(

slleipnir
03-28-2003, 03:52 PM
You would be surprised, Ive asked ppl to walk their dogs and was sure they'd get pissed at me and they ended up saying yes but they didn't seem to care much for their dog :[

iwuvsmypuppy
03-28-2003, 04:02 PM
i think you should ask the owners about him> if Mickey wont get jealous maybe you could walk him 2 or 3 times a week..($$$?) i really think that Bull needs the company of ya'll he doesnt seem to get any from his humans:mad: :( but oh well that is just what i think:rolleyes:

Karen
03-28-2003, 04:17 PM
There's no harm in asking! I would!

primabella
03-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys. I'll think about it and build up some courage if I go through with it. But I want my mom to come along because she speaks French fluently and my accent sucks.

Jessica12345
03-28-2003, 05:20 PM
you could say something like: my dog and your dog really seem to like each other... do you think i could walk them so they could play together?

and not even menchin that you think he is being treated unfairly. maybe if you become friends with them or something you could work it out from there....:) good luck

Porcy
03-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Good luck,be careful.

sabies
03-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Good luck, if they are mean to you don't take it personally. Just remember you tried to do something good and they are just mean.

sabies
03-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Oops, I misread the question and voted yes when I meant no :(. I should know by now to read slower - I always made the same mistake in school.

primabella
03-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Okay, well I have been thinking it over and I know you might think I'm stupid cause I always think ahead without thinking about it first but I decided I should avoid Bull, for awhile, anyway. I was thinking about it and I don't know if this dog has had his shots, or if it is a girl or boy, neuteured or spayed, it's temperament...so I decided to try to forget about him. I will try though, if I see him in the park or around, to speak and get to know the owners. :( Thanks for the advice anyways.

sabies
03-29-2003, 07:43 PM
You should do whatever you feel comfortable with :)

primabella
03-29-2003, 07:50 PM