PDA

View Full Version : For POPCORNBIRD :-D

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Here are some pics of my birdies. Tweety and Snowflake the parakeets and my little Bourkes girl. :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p134883e87175b82f9977e193fbfa439d/fc6f676a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p3f443344ecccd42b71838baf4c349c19/fc6f6713.jpg

And here's Sugarbaby. He is my moms parrotlet. :) She has a tiel too but I don't have pics of her. I'll take some of the birdies when I go visit...which is hopefully next week. ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pa2e5fb1767f0c40522e69be44de24ce3/fc6f66f3.jpg

popcornbird
03-27-2003, 10:15 PM
OMG! You ACTUALLY posted pics of your birds! :eek::eek::eek: Thanks! They are SO cute! Your mom's parrolet looks so sweet!

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
OMG! You ACTUALLY posted pics of your birds! :eek::eek::eek: Thanks! They are SO cute! Your mom's parrolet looks so sweet!

Thanks. I miss them a lot. :( Tweety came from Scamps and Snowflake came from Bobcat pets. She had scaley mites when I got her. :(

Don't let Sugars looks fool you lol. He only likes you if you scratch his head, and my sister is the only one who he lets pick him up. When he's out he'll stalk you lol. He'll fly after you and if he's on the floor he'll try and attack your feet, especially if your barefoot. :p

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Tweety :D

Jessica12345
03-28-2003, 02:57 PM
omg they are all to cute!:D that parollet looks like just a little sweetie! way to adorible:D thanks for sharing!:)

HoRsELUvR
03-29-2003, 09:30 PM
very sweet looking birds:D

CathyBogart
03-30-2003, 02:50 AM
*grins* I ADORE Parrotlets!! All of your birds are darling, but I melt for Parrotlets!

luckies4me
03-30-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
*grins* I ADORE Parrotlets!! All of your birds are darling, but I melt for Parrotlets!

Sugar was named after the late Sugar, who was a grey cheeked parakeet. He was partial to me until my step dad came around and then he didn't like anyone but my dad. I got the first Sugar free when I was walking down the street and heard birdie noises. I asked the lady if she had a parrot and she said yes and then asked if I wanted it lol. I can't believe she was serious and that she gave it to me, as I was in the 8th grade at the time! :eek:

But well she did and I took him home. Birds were the only animals I was allowed to actually keep if I found them...but cats sort of grew on her, hehe. One of the tiels we had, a cute little latino girl we found in a tree, an you believe it! If we didn't find her she would have been killed by the crows for sure. She was my favorite out of all the girls because she was so pretty. :)

Anyways back to Sugar the first. So I had him for quite a long time until he passed away very tagically. He was in the living room walking around as usual when my step dad got home. My sister who was around 7? or so at the time got really excited and came running out of the bedroom to give Denny a hug and she accidently stepped on Sugar. Poor birdie. :(

It was Easter that day and we had to take him to the ER vet, my mom wasn't even going to let me go with her! He was still my bird, even though he liked Denny.....we would constantly joke that Denny would marry Sugar before my mother lol, that's how much he loved that bird. :rolleyes:

So he went to the vet and they took xrays which weren't conclusive, or at least to me, I couldn't see anything. We suspected hehad suffered internal injuries. We still have his xrays, he looked like a chicken. :p But they kept him in an incubator and oxygen tank thingy for three days and then we took him home. He died the next day. :(

We were all sad, especially Denny and my sister, as she thought it was her fault he died, even though it was an accident. My younger brother still doesn't let her live that down when we get to talking birdie talk. So that's the story of Sugar the first and how Sugar the second got his name. :D

Sugar 2 actually used to have a girlfriend but one day a feral cat actually unhooked our screen door and came inside the house and got a hold of the bird...you can assume what happened to that cat, my mom took him to the pound. They were feral cats I would feed and take care of so my mom blamed it on me, but I wasn't going to let those cats starve!

Oh you know what, my mom has a parakeet too! They found it in their front yard!!! It was so cool because Denny went out there with some seed and the birdie walked right into his hand, he's VERY tame so whoever he belonged to took very good care of him. :)

The tiel they have now they purchased after Sugarbabys girlfriend died. The tiel and Sugar used to live together but after the keet came my mom put the keep with the tiel and now Sugar is by himself!:mad: But they cages are right next to eachother and they do get out time together though.

I could go on and on about out tiels and birdies lol! :p

luckies4me
03-30-2003, 12:27 PM
When I go to my moms next I am going to go digging through old pictures! It would be nice to post pics of my old birdies.

But since I am on a roll let me tell you the story of Pancha. Pancha was an old birdie, she must have been 40? or so when she died. We got her from a neighbor who had caught her outside after years of watching her flying around. She had one eye, actually two but the other was kinda shriveled up from an injury. We suspected she may have flown into a tree or something while she flow around town. So she was blind in that eye.

But she was the cutest birdie ever and oh so tame. She would sleep with us on the couch, clean our teeth (which at the time we didn't know that was bad for tiels. We have too much bacteria and stuff in our mouths, so it's not safe for them). She was a cinnamon cockatiel. She would lay eggs all the time but we never mated her. She had her "nest" under the couch and that's where she would go to lay her eggs. We would be sitting on the couch and all of a sudden we would hear all this hissing and she would run out from under the couch withher wings in the air protecting her eggs lol. I was so funny! hahaha :D She was so cute.

I loved breeding birdies. One time we could hear the baby birds chirping in the eggs before they even hatched. My mom and I kept hearing baby birdie noises but when we looked in the nesting box there were no babies. We kept listening and finally my mom picked one of the eggs up and you could hear the baby inside. I think it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Breeding them was fun, we always had babies around. We pretty much kept all our babies. We did have some troubles with one clutch though, a baby boy was deformed. Instead of walking on his foot, his leg bent at the heal so he would walk on the heal instead, poor guy. :( We had a lot of joys with them though. :D I wish my mom would get some more birdies. She keeps begging me for my Bourkes girl but I won't let her have her lol. :p

Ok I went on long enough, hehe.

CathyBogart
03-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks for sharing their stories and thanks for taking such good care of "strays". ^_^

luckies4me
03-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Our whole ally was full of feral cats. I would feed all of them and when they had babies I would take their kittens away and bottle feed them and then place them in homes so we wouldn't get more ferals. One day though, the city came and caught all the animals and euthanized them. :( I had tamed a lot of them, they would have been good pets. :(

popcornbird
03-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me

Oh you know what, my mom has a parakeet too! They found it in their front yard!!! It was so cool because Denny went out there with some seed and the birdie walked right into his hand, he's VERY tame so whoever he belonged to took very good care of him. :)

How many people lose birds in Eugene?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've never even seen one flown away birdie here!

luckies4me
03-30-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
How many people lose birds in Eugene?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've never even seen one flown away birdie here!

Not in OR, in California. That is where I am from. I have only been here for about 3 years? almost anyway. In California Cockatiels fy around all the time. I guess people just aren't safe with them? We have gotten a lot of our tiels that way. :) Most though, don't make it as the crows get them.

What's cool though is in our old neighbordhood we have wild parrots! :D There's a place called Magnolia Bird Farm and they had some parrots get loose one day and they just mated and have survived around there ever since. They are so pretty. :) At Cypress Community College they always flock there in the trees.