PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH - It's about Frisco

wolfsoul
03-27-2003, 09:14 PM
Alright, I wasn't sure whether I should put this in the dog house or not, cuz it's a little gross, but oh well, I guess if it's that bad it will be moved there.

See, my brother is really sick. He was up puking all night :eek: And well, he had peas and corn for dinner lastnight, so guess what's all over the floor. :rolleyes:

I was washing the rats cages, and my brother ran into the bathroom, leaving the door open to let Frisco out.
I ran after him, and he ran into my brother's room. He went under the bed. When I noticed he was eating something, I, thinking it was a crayon, quickly reached for his tail, which was barely in reach. I missed, and he grabbed another. I freaked out and pushed the bed over. When I saw what he was eating, I screamed, and pinched his jaws tightly to rid him of the PEA that was in his mouth!!! :eek: A pea! A thrown up pea! That's discusting!!!
I know that rats can't throw up, so I was a little bit worried. I waited a while and decided to give him a bath. Every time I give him a bath, he poos alot. So I figured that maybe he would get out the yuckiness of the pea, that was hopefully was only partially digested.
After the bath, there was diahrrea everywhere, and that's never happened before. He's never had diahrrea in his life, so I'm guessing that it worked.

Sorry for such a long post, but I'm still a bit worried. Is there anything else I should do to keep him feeling well?

Thanks in advance,
- Jordan

iwuvsmypuppy
03-27-2003, 09:19 PM
well i think if it was going to have hurt him it already would have so you probably did the right thing making him poo but now the other problem>> all i can tell you to do is DO NOT LET HIM DEHYDRATE!! give him plenty of water to drink and clean up his messes ( sometimes dogs go back to what they did and sniff or *gag* eat it SOMETIMES!!!!) but i will eb thinking of him and ur brother and for them both tp get well!!:D

wolfsoul
03-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks, don't worry, he always has water. I change it twice a day, so it's always fresh! :D I cleaned up all his *mess* and it was on the bathroom counter anyway lol. He's in his cage right now, cuz we have company and both rats were getting overly-excited :rolleyes:

cocker_luva
04-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Poor little guy!!!!