PDA

View Full Version : SAS I need your help, question about kitty illness

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 07:34 PM
My step father called today and said that Thor, the persian kitty is sick and that all the others are starting to get ill. It sounded a lot like your case with your kitties.

I thought maybe you could give him advise or info or something? He sounds really upset. We are already dealing with Ickeris and her heart and Blackys problems....BTW it's Blacky who has the thyroid, not Icky...but anyways I don't know what they will do with something else. Any advise or anything?

I just hope it isn't something big. :(

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 07:36 PM
I will try talking to him again sometime tonight, I actually missed his call and got a message about this. I'll let you know when I hear more. He said they are all sneezing and that Thor sneezed a few times in a row and wouldn't stop. Wonder if it is allergies? But I don't think so as they have never had any problems. They have all their shots and stuff. Blacky is old, so he can't afford to get sick....

Nomilynn
03-28-2003, 12:10 AM
Well I know with Gabe he was having trouble breathing. If these kitties are having trouble breathing, they need an xray. Also, it sounds like a blood workup is necessary and possibly some medication, whether it be antibiotics or heart medication or allergy. If it were me, I would get them to the vet asap for some blood tests and an xray :)

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Well I didn't get to talk to Denny yet. But he did say the cats were sneezy and that Thor kept sneezing over and over again.

Yes they should go to the vet, but Denny is WAY stubborn! :rolleyes: Everytime something happens to them he calls me. I kept telling them for the longest time that Blacky had thyroid because he was so thin and finally they took him to the vet and sure enough he had it. I could go on and on lol.

First I have to see what he says...maybe he will take them on his own, I hope so. He usually does, just try to justify the reason first. He's a tightwad that's for sure. Hopefully it's nothing major.

But I'll keep you updated. :)

sasvermont
03-28-2003, 06:49 AM
Luckys4me.... sorry I cannot help you beyond telling you to take at least one kitty to the vet and have blood work done and chest xray to rule out things....but a vet would be more likely to help you through this. It could be a harmless cold/virus. Gabe and Graemer (I think both had the same thing...) had a bacterial infection which is much different than a virus!

Take those kitties to the VET asap!

SAS

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Sheesh my parents make me mad sometimes.

Well I am talking to Denny right now and he said not all the cats are sick, just Thor. He said he keeps sneezing a lot. And he hasn't had his shots yet!

I guess his used to be owners didn't get him any, which is no suprise because he was also full of mats when they got him and I had to strip him completely! Poor guy, you should have seen him hehe. :p

So I guess it could be either an upper respiratory infection like calici virus or what not or allergies. I need to have him look at his tongue to see if there's any blisters. But I do think that he's been with my family long enough to have recieved his vaccinations. I wonder if he's ever had any!

Well I told him to take him to the vet and he hasn't replied back yet. :rolleyes: At leas I know not all the cats are sick, makes me rest a little easier. Pehaps something is irritating his nose. Well if he ever answers me I will update lol. I'm sure my mom will make him take Thor to the vets....she loves this kitty cuz he reminds us of her RIP Cuddles :D

BTW the kitty isn't mine, it's my mom and dads. ;)

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Ok well I talked to my mom and got a whole nother story.

Well she says the cat is still their neighbors. How could it be theirs? It's NEVER there. My family pays for his food, he sleeps there is there every day all day, they bought his collar etc. They take him to the groomers....I would say it's their cat. The family obviously doesn't care that Thor is there all day! :mad:

My mom says he is fine now and that is may be because it has been very windy there lately. She said yesterday while gardening that she was sneezy alot.

They are also redoing their whole kitchen, living room and dining area. They are removing the old tile and putting in new tile and it's been really dusty. So I think Denny just overreacted lol. Oh well. I still think he should go get vaccinated by someone though!