PDA

View Full Version : cheshire cat

RICHARD
03-27-2003, 07:17 PM
now i am gonna sound stupid (lol, as if you all didn't know that already) but i know now how the cheshire cat came to be!

i own one......

in the last three weeks i have lost my cat about 8 times. i walk thru the house looking for the cat and he's no where to be seen.
i look all around and then back track....in the process of back tracking i find the cat sleeping on the chair, bed, recliner.....but he WAS NOT there a few minutes ago..

it's the strangest thing...being a white cat you would figure he stands out ......nope, no way.......

anyone else own one of these creatures?

Barbara
03-28-2003, 03:20 AM
Filou is one. I am sure he owns a magic hood and if he doesn't want to be found, he wears it. Then he sits in the middle of the room after taking it off and says: Why do you look so scared????
I'm here. Where else should I be:confused:

HayleyRosie
03-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Hayley is defently a cheshire cat. When I do find her it is almost like she laughs at me.

lynnestankard
03-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Sure do Richard - it's Ketchum - all black and the biggest of the three - I swear he borrow's Harry Potter's Cloak of Invisibility!!
Just like you - we can search and search - calling his name, rattling the treat can - no Ketchum and retracing steps he's suddenly there right in front of us - looking 'Well c'mon with the treats then I've been waiting - ages!!' I wish I knew how he does this - it's quite eerie at times!

Lynne

Vio&Juni
03-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Yep, and the expression on their face! I love it.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Peanut is the one that does the disappearing act at our house. The only way I can get her to show her face is to crinkle the cat treat bag. She always comes running at that. ;) :)

slick
03-28-2003, 11:14 AM
I can't I've ever had this problem. One time, though, I came home from work, closed the door to the apt and went about my business of putting work clothes away and feeding the kitties. Max is no where to be found :eek: I looked everywhere. Seems he scooted out the door before it closed and there he was roaming the hallway and finally meowing at the door. From now on I call him the "escape artist" because it's happened a couple of times since.

Cheshirekatt
03-28-2003, 11:48 AM
LOL! I seem to collect them!

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Yes, mine have all become Chesire cats from time to time. :) When you finally find them they look at you with a face that seems to say "What's all the fuss about? I've been here the entire time.":)

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-28-2003, 11:28 PM
NO... my babies are always underfoot! and if they're not where I can see them a simple here kitty kitty always makes them come running.:)