PDA

View Full Version : I've got an idea...

aly
11-14-2001, 11:47 AM
I was just looking at the picture of Bella and Trevor that Pam posted in Cat General and I was thinking how beautiful it would look in a calendar. Then I remembered several years ago around Christmas time in the mall, there was a service where you could take 12 pictures, and they'd make it into a calendar for you. Then I thought about trying to gather some Pet Talkers pictures to make calendars to send to those of you on the Xmas card list. But I didn't know how many were on the list and wasn't sure if I could gather pictures everyone would like without everyone knowing what I was going to do with them.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this? If anyone wants to send me their favorite picture, I can try to hunt down a calendar making service. The only problem is we could just have 12 pictures. If a lot of people want to do it, we could get in groups of 12?

Or is this a stupid idea?

ramanth
11-14-2001, 04:32 PM
I think it's a pretty cool idea... how much did the calendars cost?

~Kimmy

tatsxxx11
11-14-2001, 04:35 PM
Ok, I think I'm losing it! I thought Sarah, LabLover had just written a message here, trying to post Sadie's pic for the calender without success! When I entered my message to try and help her, her's was gone??? Sarah, wouldn't it be great to have Sadie in the calender?? Please let us know what we can do to help you set up a Webshots album, OK?? I need some lab loving support here and Star needs a labbie pal on Pet Talk! C'mon Sarah!!!!!

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

petspoil
11-14-2001, 04:35 PM
I think it's a great idea. Would you mail to Canada to me? How much do they cost?

11-14-2001, 05:36 PM
Aly I LOVE the idea! We could all send in pictures with like 1 or 2 dollars (or more if needed) and get them made! Groups of 12 are fine if need be. I'm sure we ALL need calendars and what better ones to have than of all of our dogs that we KNOW and LOVE!!!! They would be a hit!

Aly as soon as I get the Christmas address list together and send it out I will help you in any way that I can. Let me know. I am so in love with this idea!

crow_noir
11-14-2001, 05:41 PM
cross posted from "ACK!!!" so the idea isn't lost.

I'm just wondering, there's a calander format on my computer, that goes by week. I was thinking, if you got LOTS of photos and the cost wouldn't be outrageous, perhaps one of th ebusiness mantioned would do a calander that would have a photo by the week calander. ...just an idea.

*LabLoverKEB*
11-14-2001, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11:
<STRONG>Ok, I think I'm losing it! I thought Sarah, LabLover had just written a message here, trying to post Sadie's pic for the calender without success! When I entered my message to try and help her, her's was gone??? Sarah, wouldn't it be great to have Sadie in the calender?? Please let us know what we can do to help you set up a Webshots album, OK?? I need some lab loving support here and Star needs a labbie pal on Pet Talk! C'mon Sarah!!!!!

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]</STRONG>

Thanks Sandra!!! Yes, I did try to post a picture of Sadie, a few days ago, and it didn't work! :( I would be honored to have my Sadie's pic in a calandar!!!

Thanks again, Sandra! :)
Sarah & Sadie* :)