PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Rehab Center

Edwina's Secretary
03-27-2003, 04:18 PM
Last week my mother had her hip replaced. She is now in a Rehab Center where they do the therapy. (She is doing quite well. Already walking briskly with her walker.)

Yesterday my father and I went to visit her and took along their dog, KC.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/p41c90dd56d66fba297cacd415f86d656/fcfcd2e0.jpg

He was so excited. When we arrived and were signing in he was making a noise as he stained at his leash. The women behind the desk couldn't see him and thought we had brought a pet pig!

He loved everyone and everyone loved him. He had to jump up on and say hello to all the staff (and patients too!)

It was so successful my dad will be taking KC along every day when he goes to visit!

It was great to see a place that allows pet visits.

AmberLee
03-27-2003, 04:38 PM
How wonderful. I suspect your mom will heal that much faster with such a cute cheering section's support!

{{{hugs}}} Glad she's progressing well.

tatsxxx11
03-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Lots of well wishes for a speedy recovery , Mom!!:) And with a beautiful furry face like that visiting, I'm sure it will be all the speedier!! Good job, nurse KC!!!:)

bluekat
03-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Glad to hear that she's on the road to recovery! With KC there, it'll be a speedier recovery!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-27-2003, 04:49 PM
That's great that she's in a place that allows pets! She must have been so happy to see him, and it must have lifted everybody's spirits. :)

mugsy
03-27-2003, 05:28 PM
We hope Mom is up walking briskly without the walker soon!! I'm glad to see KC is helping out too.

NoahsMommy
03-27-2003, 05:32 PM
That is very cool they allow animals, I just know it helps people heal faster.

I'm glad your mom is getting better, already zooming around with her walker. :)

marysmerrycats
03-27-2003, 05:32 PM
best wishes to your mother, for a fast recovery!

I bet the other patients will be sad to see the doggie stop visiting!

I have heard of programs like that, where people take dogs to places like that and the sick people just love it, it helps them alot!

slick
03-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Prayers coming across cyberspace for a speedy recovery Mom.

KC, you are so special and very handsome. I believe there have been studies made on patients that have regular pet visits. It's definitely a good thing!! (as Martha says...)

Sudilar
03-27-2003, 09:39 PM
Hope your Mom recovers quickly!! KC is adorable. More places should allow pet visits!!

lovemyshiba
03-27-2003, 10:02 PM
KC looks like a real sweetie!! I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well, and how wonderful that KC could come and visit. I'm sure it really will help your mom to see KC every day!!
My husband's grandmother was in a rehab center last year, and pets weren't allowed:(
but every once in a while someone snuck Lucy, her chi, in for a little while!!!!

lynnestankard
03-28-2003, 05:54 AM
Great news on your Mum Sara - so pleased her progress is going so well.

Isn't lovely to find somewhere that ALLOWS animals in? And with KC being such a sweetheart, who could refuse those gorgeous eyes!?

We have some homes for aged people here that encourage people with dogs and cats - that are friendly - to visit. And now some are keeping their own cats. Much more like a home I reckon.

Lynne

Vio&Juni
03-28-2003, 06:33 AM
I am glad your mom is feeling better. I bet she'll recover in a matter of days if KC will visit her more often ;)

Barbara
03-28-2003, 07:01 AM
I wish a speedy recovery to your mom. Anything will work out better if she can see KC as often as possible:) :) :)

Cataholic
03-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Good thoughts coming up to your mom for a speedy recovery! Way to go KC! I just know you are bringing cheer and good health to everyone!!!

anna_66
03-28-2003, 08:44 AM
Good luck on your mom recovery, I'm sure with a sweet face like that visiting her, she'll be out of there in no time:)

03-31-2003, 06:35 AM
What a brilliant idea to bring KC to your mom at the Rehab-center! She will recover twice as fast now!!
BTW, KC is such a sweetie!!:D

jenluckenbach
03-31-2003, 06:43 AM
KC will be the best therapist in the building. All the best to your Mom.

mugsy
03-31-2003, 07:24 AM
How's your mom doing Sara?

Edwina's Secretary
03-31-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanks for asking Mugsy! My mother is 79 years old but has always been very physically active. Bicycling, cross-country skiing until very recent when the pain of her hip became too much. She still walked every day. (KC would have it no other way!) Her fitness has been a real asset to her recovery. She was walking the day after surgery and she has had relatively little pain (you hear about how painful hip replacement is!) Her biggest problems have been reactions to the medications she has been given.

The therapists are amazed at her progress. I spoke with her last night and she plans on going home Friday -- that will be two weeks after the surgery -- she is already planning what to fix for dinner Friday night!

(BTW -- the incision is small enough to cover with a bandaid!)

mugsy
03-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Wow!! That is amazing! Tell her we are thinking of her. Tell KC to be nice to his mom!! hehe So, what are we having for dinner?? lol

Vio&Juni
03-31-2003, 09:06 AM
So good to hear your mom is much better.
I bet KC helped a lot.

lynnestankard
03-31-2003, 01:54 PM
I'm so pleased your mum's doing so well Sara. What a lovely lady she sounds - and a strong one too!!:D

Lynne

gini
04-01-2003, 11:13 AM
What a wonderful thing to do.......taking KC to visit your Mom and also the other patients. If your Mom is going home this Friday, they are really going to miss the visits.

What a great example your Mom is Sara. Me thinks I should get off my duff, buy those WW cookbooks you recommended and do some walking!

Most of all, I am glad to hear your Mom is doing so well.