PDA

View Full Version : tough week..

RICHARD
03-27-2003, 03:55 PM
it's been a tough week here, and where ever you all are at...
so keeping in the spirit of stupid topics that i think up......

let's do ice cream.........

in my last office we would do ICE CREAM SUNDAE THURSDAYS!!!

it can be cones, popsicles, sno-cones, sundaes and your favorites
places to get and eat them...

you could get the best black walnut ice cream at a pharmacy up the street from my house.....

mugsy
03-27-2003, 04:00 PM
I just keep thinking.....ONE MORE DAY UNTIL SPRING BREAK!! I we have one more fight I'm going to beat them up myself!! We have had 6 fights (that I know of) at school in the last 2 days and 4 of them have been between the same 4 girls!

RICHARD
03-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
I just keep thinking.....ONE MORE DAY UNTIL SPRING BREAK!! I we have one more fight I'm going to beat them up myself!! We have had 6 fights (that I know of) at school in the last 2 days and 4 of them have been between the same 4 girls!

the topic is ice cream, not boxing........hey give the kids ICE CREAM... that will fix them....

:)

if not, kick their butts.

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Ice cream is a wonderful thing!!! My two favorites may not be known outside of Ohio, but in Findlay, there is a wonderful ice cream/candy shop called Deitsch's and of course in Cincinnati/Columbus there's Greater's. Actually my mom and I were just talking about my version of the "WGUC" Sundae from Greaters...Raspberry chip ice cream, raspberry sauce, and hot fudge (Geater's uses vanilla unless you ask for different!) It is awesome!!!

mugsy
03-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Cherry Pie Alamode from Schwann's

RICHARD
03-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Cherry Pie Alamode from Schwann's

Thank you....

or how's about a cherry sno cone, sitting on the porch during summer?

mugsy
03-27-2003, 04:51 PM
TOO COLD!

Ok, after a stressful day....triple fudge brownie supreme!

The Cat Factory
03-27-2003, 05:30 PM
My favorite Ice Cream is Chocolate Chip Cookie dough :) And Chocolate Chip Mint!

micki76
03-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory
My favorite Ice Cream is Chocolate Chip Cookie dough :) And Chocolate Chip Mint!

Said ala Homer Simpson "Ooooo Chocolate Chip Mint!"

lovemyshiba
03-27-2003, 09:54 PM
I'm up for Ice Cream Thursday!!!!!
My hubby picked up a pint of Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk for me last night, and I forgot all about it--heading for the freezer!!!!!:)

carole
03-27-2003, 10:03 PM
aww u making me hungry, u sure have some nice flavoured ice creams in usa wish i could try them out. i like the new magnums out here, tryed the candy one last week yummie

carole
03-27-2003, 10:05 PM
should have said the candy magnum has yummie pink ice cream in the middle covered in white chocolate with popping candy all over it ooh la la la i can taste it now

Soledad
03-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Two words, Carole: Kapiti Icecream.

I refuse to eat the other icecreams here in NZ, they're gross. But Kapiti icecreams are delicious!!:D

Cataholic
03-28-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
Two words, Carole: Kapiti Icecream.

I refuse to eat the other icecreams here in NZ, they're gross. But Kapiti icecreams are delicious!!:D

Soledad, when I was in Austria, I would get this poppyseed ice cream, and it was so darn good...but, it was kinda soft, not like the typical American ice cream. So, I am wondering, what is it that you don't like about NZ stuff??

kingrattus
03-28-2003, 08:40 AM
Spring Break?? Whats taking u guys so long to have spring break?? I had mine at the beginning of the month

Dakota's Mommy
03-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Ummmmm, now you all have me craving Ice Cream. My personal favorite is Chocolate Peanut Butter. I love lots of kinds though. Oh, Black Cherry's a good one too. Ummm! I rarely get in the mood for ice cream, but I have to be in a special mood to crave fruity flavors of ice cream. I know I'm weird.

When I was young though, and still occasionally, my absolute favorite was rainbow sherbert. Um, I could go for that right now!

RICHARD
03-28-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy

When I was young though, and still occasionally, my absolute favorite was rainbow sherbert. Um, I could go for that right now!

a rainbow sherbert push-up!

( a push up is a cardboard tube filled with ice cream with a plunger on the other end to 'push up' the ice cream) i had one
two weeks ago!!!!

today i stopped at 'jack in the box' (usa fast food joint) and
bought a strawberry soda when i finished it i almost cried....

i remembered i could have had some vanilla ice cream with that...

Soledad
03-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Cataholic -

The problem with NZ icecream (not Kapiti) is that it's really full of all sorts of artificial stuff. They have this icecream called Jelly Tip and it's just cheap vanilla with this gel that's fruit flavoured. It's just really processed.

I like icecream that has identifiably natural stuff in it. Like if it's vanilla, I like to see specks of vanilla bean in it or chunks of REAL strawberries. Here, it's all "flavoured" meaning fake. Blech.

They also have a fascination with combining orange "flavour" and chocolate. :eek:

mugsy
03-28-2003, 03:43 PM
How about frozen custard!!??? YUM!!! Better than ice cream

carole
03-28-2003, 07:37 PM
i must admit i dont think nz ice creams are anything to rave about, but u do get nice ones now and then, but i cant say i have tried the kapiti ones where u get those soledad.

carole
03-28-2003, 07:41 PM
aww soledad dont be too harsh on our ice cream its not all that bad, but yes it is pretty artificial i suppose, have u tried the lites 97 per cent fat free stuff from tip top i quite like those, however i reckon they put more sugar in them, so i really have to wonder if its any better, i like the easter egg smash flavour, america has some awesome flavours i have never even heard of, but i guess we only cater for a mere 3 million people so not so much to choose from, have u tried the danish cones soledad, they are not too bad.

Karen
03-28-2003, 07:47 PM
I pretty much love all ice cream, there's not a flavor I've tried that I didn't like! :)

Old family favorite: black walnuts (which are extremely hard to get out of the shell intact, so you've earned your treat by the time you have enough) and warm maple syrup over vanilla ice cream! It's sugaring season in the North woods ...

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-28-2003, 08:29 PM
HOME MADE ORANGE SHERBERT!!!!!

My grandparents would make home made orange sherbert all the time when I was a kid... IT WAS SOOO YUMMY!!! ESPICALLY IN A SUGAR CONE!!!!:D

All Creatures Great And Small
03-28-2003, 08:49 PM
A thread about food? Count me in!!!!!

I absolutely love butter pecan ice cream, but not the pecans - so I guess I like butter ice cream! I make a big dish of it and then keep a little Dixie cup next to me (my "nut cup") where I put all the pecans I pick out :o :p :D ! I also love mixing orange sherbert and vanilla ice cream together..........mmmmm, creamsicle.........chocolate soft-serve cones are good, especially in summer on a beautiful night. I love Good Humor Chocolate Eclair bars, Heath ice cream bars, ice cream sandwiches, Drumsticks, and my nirvana is finding Good Humor Toasted Almond bars - really hard to find anymore, so when I do, I tend to BINGE! :D

Logan
03-28-2003, 09:03 PM
I have a wonderful friend who blessed Scott and me with a wonderful "fancy" ice cream maker as a wedding gift. We are experimenting with it, one quart at a time, to try and find the perfect combination. :) The first test followed the instructions exactly as written..........and we discovered that using less sugar might make that vanilla ice cream taste even better. The second time, I was trying to make it so that my husband could eat it (he's on a low carb diet).......used all cream, instead of the milk/cream combination and used Splenda instead of sugar (and downsized the sugar measurement). We made frozen whipped cream! LOL!!! It was coming out the top of the container before it was finished! :o

We're holding out for summertime and good SC peaches!! I think homemade peach ice cream will be devine!! And we'll have it down to a science by that time!!! :D There is nothing better than home churned ice cream!!

Soledad
03-28-2003, 09:07 PM
*giggle* I do the SAME thing with butter pecan ACGS. Everyone makes fun of me for it, but I just want the buttery sweetness!!

I get Kapiti Ice Cream at the grocery store. It's the best. I don't care much for Tip Top. Except for Hokey Pokey. :)

Cincy'sMom
03-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I have a wonderful friend who blessed Scott and me with a wonderful "fancy" ice cream maker as a wedding gift. We are experimenting with it, one quart at a time, to try and find the perfect combination. :) The first test followed the instructions exactly as written..........and we discovered that using less sugar might make that vanilla ice cream taste even better. The second time, I was trying to make it so that my husband could eat it (he's on a low carb diet).......used all cream, instead of the milk/cream combination and used Splenda instead of sugar (and downsized the sugar measurement). We made frozen whipped cream! LOL!!! It was coming out the top of the container before it was finished! :o

We're holding out for summertime and good SC peaches!! I think homemade peach ice cream will be devine!! And we'll have it down to a science by that time!!! :D There is nothing better than home churned ice cream!!

We also go tan ice cream maker for our wedding (which was now 2 1/2 yrs ago....and I think we have used it once? Made great ice cream...I just don't think about it enough in advance!

Logan
03-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Ours is great, Amy, because you just keep the little bowls in the freezer until you're ready and then you can have ice cream in 30 minutes!!! :) I sound like a Cuisinart commercial and I could probably do one for them now!! I'm sold!! No more rock salt, no more ice........even though the days of churning ice cream outside are some of my fondest memories. For today's lifestyle, this is a terrific thing! :) And all thanks to my good Pet Talk friend who sent it!!!

Cincy'sMom
03-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Ours has one big bowl you can pre-freeze and doesn't need any ice or salt, but it just got to the point we weren't using it and it was takingup too much freezer space :) With warmer weather coming, I may have to throw it back in!

RICHARD
03-29-2003, 06:46 AM
even though the days of churning ice cream outside are some of my fondest memories.

the only rule about home made.........

if you don't churn, don't show up at the end........

lemon sorbet.

Logan
03-29-2003, 07:11 AM
LOL! Richard we always had an electric churn! We just had to keep it iced and salted! :o

RICHARD
03-29-2003, 09:48 PM
LOL! Richard we always had an electric churn! We just had to keep it iced and salted! :o

showing my age....

Crikit
03-29-2003, 10:01 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm Ice cream.

ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.

Er sorry about that. I just remembered that an ice cream store is going to be opening next to door to work...WOO HOO ice cream and hackey sack on work's time, er let's hope my boss doesn't see that part.

What I could go for, and I think i'll go out and get some is a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half baked...mmm chocolate and vanilla ice cream with fudge brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough...and I just sounded so much like homer.

Logan
03-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
showing my age....

No you weren't! I was just showing my laziness!! :o

HoRsELUvR
03-29-2003, 11:18 PM
mmm ice cream.i want strawberry ice cream now.

RICHARD
03-30-2003, 10:15 AM
i made some lemon sorbet last night..(in the small ice cream freezer, did some one say 'lazy'?????? lol!)

should i eat some for breakfast???