PDA

View Full Version : This Hits Close to Home

jackiesdaisy1935
03-27-2003, 09:22 AM
This is a message from the lady who set up the group of Marines we are writing to in Iraq, this does bring it closer to home. I hope everyone on here will rally in support of our young men who are giving their lives and forget this peacenik stuff for a while. All the parading that is going on will not bring these boys home.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

Jackie,

I am very sorry to have to relay this news, but the soldier that Colleen adopted has been injured and is on the way back to the U.S. He was shot in the shoulder. We also have a soldier who is MIA, but no word yet as to who that soldier is. Keep you posted as I am.

I have posted the email I received from my niece about this tragic event, on FLOD & SW.

I am removing his name from the list since his mail will not get to him at this address.

Shannon & The Boys

Logan
03-27-2003, 10:38 AM
Harsh reality, isn't it, Jackie? :(

jackiesdaisy1935
03-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Logan it makes me sick to think of what these young men are going through. May God Bless Them and Keep Them Safe.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

sammi
03-27-2003, 10:48 AM
That is heartbreaking to hear. We need to keep praying and sending positive thoughts to support our troops.

lovemyshiba
03-27-2003, 11:27 AM
That is very sad.
:(

lizbud
03-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Jackie,

Every evening on the local news, they report on the Indiana
men and women in the military who are now coming under fire
in the war effort.The media interviews local families(Moms,Dads,
brothers & sisters,etc) to get their reaction to every piece of
news from the front. It is so heartbreaking to see people trying
so hard to be brave & stay positive, break out in tears when
bad news is reported in the headlines. It's so sad to see that.

mugsy
03-27-2003, 03:37 PM
At last count Liz, 2 of the 19 killed were Hoosiers.

Jackie, I'm sorry to hear about that young man. It's really sad that our world is the way it is. My heart goes out to the grieving families.

kohala
03-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Needless to say, living here in San Diego, as Jackie can attest to, we get a lot of reports on servicemembers we have lost here - every day. Many were deployed from here that came from other parts of the country, some were native to the San Diego area, all of them were brothers- and sisters-in-arms. It brings a set of emotions to me that "sad" just barely touches.

Pam
03-29-2003, 10:03 AM
I have been zoning in and praying for on particular POW, as per an e-mail that I received about picking one and concentrating on that one. The POW I selected to pray for is James Riley who happens to be from Pennsauken, NJ which is not far at all from me. Yesterday on the news it was reported that his sister, who is 29 years old, just died of a rare neurologic disease. Oh my, what these parents must be going through. Losing a daughter and having a son as a POW. I do think I would cave in at this news. Let's continue to pray for all of our men and women, but please remember Mr. and Mrs. Riley in your prayers especially.

gini
03-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Oh Pam, I cannot even imagine.............this has made me cry!

jackiesdaisy1935
03-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Oh Pam that is so sad, the Riley's have my prayers as well as all the service men and women in Iraq
Jackie