PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Lost His Best Friend..

MHMama
11-13-2001, 08:26 PM
Friday night, Lucy (the cat) disappeared. We searched for her all weekend. Monday while I was at work, she crawled into our driveway. My husband couldn't get close to her so I went home at lunch. She came to Ricky when I took him out and I was then able to pick her up. Her leg was badly cut and we rushed her to the Vet's. He told me to leave her so he could do some xray etc. He later called me and told me that her diaphram was ruptured and she appeared to have a lot of internal damage. I rushed over and took her from his office to the animal hospital. By then she had a high temp and was suffering so much. I finally made the decision to put an end to her suffering and let her go at 8pm. It was so very hard to do and I really hadn't realized how much I had grown attached to her. She was Ricky's cat (it even says that on her file at the Vets). She loved him so much and was always waiting for him to come out and play with her. I hope I did the right thing, I guess I will always wonder if I should have tried harder to save her.

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: MHMama ]

Karen
11-13-2001, 09:12 PM
Poor Lucy, poor Ricky and our hearts go out to you, too. Sounds like Lucy was very badly hurt, poor thing. Perhaps in time, you and Ricky can go to the shelter and pick out a new kitty to be "his" special friend, but maybe the next kitty should be an indoor baby. Again, we are very sorry for everyone's loss. :( But she's better now, and playing at the Rainbow Bridge, right?

sammi
11-13-2001, 09:18 PM
So sorry for you all. Don't be hard on yourself she was in lots of pain and you didn't want her to suffer any longer. She is free of any pain now.

jackiesdaisy1935
11-13-2001, 09:19 PM
I'm so sorry about Lucy, I feel sorry for Ricky too. Poor Ricky must be lost without her, but you did the right thing. It's so hard to make that decision, but if she was suffering you had no choice. We love our furbabies so much that we have to be strong enough to do what is best for them. I am so sorry, please give Ricky a hug and a kiss from Daisy, Perry and me.
Jackie

11-13-2001, 09:30 PM
Oh my, I am so so sorry. I wish I had something comforting to say to you but the right words never come out. The one thing that can be said is you did the right thing. Lucy was probably in a lot of pain with the extent of her injuries. She needed your decision and your strength.

Please, take care and don't second guess yourself. I know that's easy for us to say but if we were in your position those are the words you would say.... we just get so devistated that we think there is something we should have done differently. But, we can't change things..... Lucy is happy now and Ricky will never forget his best friend.

We love you and our prayers are with you.

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

Phred
11-13-2001, 09:51 PM
So very sorry that you lost poor Lucy.
You did the right thing in not causing her to suffer.

Give Ricky a {hug} from all of us.

/s/ Phred, Cinder, Smokey, and Boots, the Kat

ramanth
11-13-2001, 10:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's so hard to lose a loved one.

:(

My heart too, goes out to you and Ricky.

~Kimmy and Kia

*LabLoverKEB*
11-13-2001, 10:25 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( I know how you feel! I will keep Lucy, Ricky, you, and your family, in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and kisses,
Sarah & Sadie

Sudilar
11-13-2001, 10:31 PM
So very very sorry. Lucy could not be allowed to suffer so. You made the loving choice. I am so sad for Ricky and you.

TheAntiPam
11-13-2001, 10:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Lucy had such a terrible injury, and that you and Ricky had to say goodbye to her.
- Pam

zippy-kat
11-13-2001, 11:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your's/Ricky's loss. My heart goes out to you guys.

crow_noir
11-13-2001, 11:17 PM
first off, i'll type my message i wanted to post.

I am soooooo sorry to hear of the loss that both you and Ricky have.

second, it's odd that you had to post this. I am searching soooo hard right now for a home for Trio. she is a six mo. old orange kitty. she does EXCELLANT w/ small cat friendly dogs, but not well w/ other cats.
I wish we weren't so far away from each other, otherwise i'd be begging you to see if Trio and Ricky got along. She is missing her pal Emily soooo bad. (it was a dog that lived next door to where Trio was dumped at.)

I feel bad about posting this right now, but perhaps finding Ricky another friend would help *shrug*

shais_mom
11-14-2001, 01:16 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and Ricky and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

aly
11-14-2001, 02:09 AM
This is just making me sick with sadness. I am truly sorry for you, Ricky, and your family. I will go to bed tonight with a heavy heart aching for poor Lucy. You will be in my prayers.

Pam
11-14-2001, 06:11 AM
Oh I am so very sorry to hear about Lucy. My heart goes out to you and Ricky. Hugs to you both.

Golden Smiles
11-14-2001, 06:25 AM
I am soo sorry to hear about your kitty> You did what was necessary, and no matter what we do, we always question ourselves! She is at peace and waiting for you and your family at the bridge. Take care.

Dixieland Dancer
11-14-2001, 07:44 AM
:( We feel your sadness along with you and Ricky. It is hard to make the decision but it sounds like it was the right one. May you be blessed to find a new kitty just as special as Lucy was!

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-14-2001, 07:58 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Give Ricky a big hug and a kisses from Drake and I. You did the right thing. It is tough to make decisions like that, but you loved Lucy so much and didn't want her to suffer any more.

You and little Ricky will be in our thoughts.

AdoreMyDogs
11-14-2001, 08:02 AM
I am so sorry about your beautiful little Lucy girl. I know it's going to be difficult for everyone, including Ricky, but time does heal all wounds. When you are ready, another little angel will find his/her way into your hearts' to fill the void.

I don't know what else to say. Give Ricky a kiss for me....again I am so very sorry :(

RachelJ
11-14-2001, 08:34 AM
I am so sad for both you and Ricky. What a heartbreaking thing to happen. I know the decision was a difficult one, but from what you have said, I think I would have made the same one. You made this decision out of love and caring for Ricky's Lucy. I guess it is normal to doubt our choices in times like these, I think it is part of the grieving process. Please take care of yourselves. We are here for you if you need us.

purrley
11-14-2001, 08:48 AM
So very sorry about your lose - prayers are with you. Your little Lucy is in a wonderful place, playing, and completely out of pain. God Bless!!!

karen israel
11-14-2001, 10:06 AM
I have a very hard time with words at times like this. I am so sad for you and Ricky. You did a very unselfish, loving thing by ending Lucy's suffering. Her injuries were so extensive you had no choice. She's happily playing now, and one day you will be together again! I think Crow has a great idea!! Too bad you're so far away!! Extra attention to Ricky and lots of kisses and comforting hugs.

Logan
11-14-2001, 10:58 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy. :( I'm sure you did the right thing. Sometimes we try too hard to keep them alive, when the best thing for the pet is to let them go. Been there and done that.

You and Ricky hang in there! I know having him makes you feel much better. Nothing like a sweet dog to help your through a rough time. Hugs and Kisses to both of you. :)

Rottie
11-14-2001, 11:48 AM
:( I'm so sorry for you & Ricky. Don't feel guilty though, you did the right thing. You did what you had to.

lizbud
11-14-2001, 11:51 AM
I am so very sorry to hear the sad news
about Miss Lucy..She & Ricky had a unique
and special relationship!!!
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Liz & Buddy.

tatsxxx11
11-14-2001, 04:06 PM
I am, like everyone else, so very saddened to hear that you and dear Ricky have lost your bestest pal. You fought so hard to save her. But no matter what the circumstance, a decision like the very, very difficult one you were faced with is always filled with second thoughts. But reading how you loved her so, I know that you searched your heart and did the very best thing for her. I am heartsick for little Ricky and hope that soon another furry pal will find it's way into your loving home and hearts. My family and I send you our love and prayers and our hopes that with time, your saddness will be replaced with many wonderful, happy memories of beautiful Miss Lucy.

Daisy's Mom
11-14-2001, 05:41 PM
I am so sorry! Big hugs to both of you. You made a very hard decision, but it was for the best and up from the Rainbow Bridge, Lucy loves and thanks you for it.

MHMama
11-15-2001, 10:45 PM
Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. I am still trying to grasp what has happened as Ricky is. Lucy was a stray that entered our lives on her own terms. When we could catch her, we got her spayed and we took her for her shots. She had just been to the Vets two weeks ago for a check up and more flea medicine. I do not want another kitty as I never really planned to have Lucy. She just showed up and would only come to Ricky. They were both born in February on 2000 and sort of grew up together. I did not purposely make her an outdoor cat, it was her choice. She hated to be indoors and the Vet said that it would be cruel to traumatize her by making her stay indoors. She was a free spirit that came and went as she pleased which is typical of many cats.