PDA

View Full Version : To Candy, Logan and other Golden moms.

Albea
03-26-2003, 12:14 PM
I took Carina to be groomed today, to "Lucky Dog" day care camp. When we got in most of the doggies there, about 12, went crazy barking at us, as if they had never seen a dog before.;) So, the lady who runs the place put the noisy ones "behind bars," in a large area away from the main space. And, guess who were the ones who stayed free because they were not barking and were more interested in me than Carina? The four mellow Goldens of course:) All they wanted to do was to get as close to the fence as possible so I could pet them.
I know we all love our pets dearly, no matter whether they are mutts or pure breeds, but there is something about Goldens that makes them so special...

Dixieland Dancer
03-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Albea
I know we all love our pets dearly, no matter whether they are mutts or pure breeds, but there is something about Goldens that makes them so special...

I agree! I think it's their gentle nature and their willingness to please plus they are always happy! ;) :D

tatsxxx11
03-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Do you have to be a "Golden Mom" to reply???;) Of course, Alicia!! Goldens are the "welcoming committe" of doggiedom!! Beautiful, sweet, gentle, loving, playful......THE BEST!! (Star, you didn't hear that!:D) To all the Golden Moms and beautiful Golden kids out there on PT.....SMOOCH!!!!!!!:)

CathyBogart
03-26-2003, 05:55 PM
I've never been aroung Goldens much, but the old fellow I was with today was the epitomy of patience and calm. I know it had to hurt him for me to lift him the way I did to get him into the car but he bore it all with a smile and a wagging tail.

trisha0503
03-26-2003, 06:47 PM
:) :) :) Thank you so much Alicia for putting a smile into my face :)

I'm a Golden Mom and I'm just so addicted with this breed. I know how every dog is special , regardless of their breed but I guess , ALicia just said it right ' THERE'S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT GOLDEN ' :)

Missy would sometimes bark, only because she sees kids playing outside and she wants to play with them too. It's so funny to see her barking while her tail is wagging 100 mph :D

They are so gentle creature who wants nothing but love from you .. I constantly have neighboring kids at my apartment, longing to play with Missy and it's such a very rewarding feeling..

I love anything about Golden ;)

primabella
03-26-2003, 06:55 PM
Rosebel - Where have youn been?? :):)

trisha0503
03-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Oh Liana :) How sweet of you to ask! I've just been very busy at work. I've been working long hours, and didn't had a chance to browse at Pet Talk .. No complain though , i feel blessed when there's a lot of work.. It means they still need me, and I would be able to keep my job... Life is so tough right now, that we need to have a positive perspective in life :)

I miss everyone though... My schedule is getting better right now, hopefully, I'll be able to post more...

I was surprised to see Mickey in your signature... He has really grown :) and he looks very handsome ! :)

Give him a big hug and kisses from Me, Missy , Toby and their new kittie sister MUFFY !

*LabLoverKEB*
03-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Awwww, how sweet! I think I love Goldens more than Labs now! lol! Golden Retrievers are one of the most gentle, loving, and caring breed! (Besides Labs, of course!):) ;)