PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever heard of this breed? the cutest thing!

TollSettFK
12-11-2001, 10:31 AM
Norrbottenspets

Can., Am., Mex., Int., FCI & Portugal World ('99, '00, '01) Ch. Valhallasun Wodin. World Winner 2001, third place, Portugal, 7,300 dogs competing. Bred/owned by Inger M. and Zale R. Colins, Valhallasun Reg'd, Box 1535, Okotoks, AB T0L 1T0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin: This small Swedish hunting dog closely resembles the Finnish Spitz and Norwegian Lundehund with the typical small erect ears, wedge-shaped head and square build of the Spitz breeds. Originally used to hunt small game and as an all-around farm helper, the breed is now more popular as a companion.

Temperament: The breed is known to be alert and self-confident.

Activity level: As a former hunting and farm dog, the Norrbottenspets enjoys outside activity and happily engages in any exercise offered.

Height/Weight: The breed ranges from 16.5-18 in (42-46 cm) in height with females being on the smaller side of the scale.

Coat: The hard, straight, close-fitting double coat is uncharacteristically short for a northern breed but it gives adequate all-weather protection.

Colour: The Norrbottenspets is white with cream, brown, red or black patches.

Grooming: Regular, thorough brushing is required.

O.k, did I get the picture through? Isn't it sooooooo cute! and I have never heard of it!

ilovehounds
12-11-2001, 12:55 PM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images6/Norbottenspetsisa-publicity2.jpg

Is this it ?????

They are cute :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-11-2001, 01:41 PM
Cute! I think the picture is adorable. I have never heard of nor seen this breed before.

Thanks for sharing!

zippy-kat
12-11-2001, 01:47 PM
I've never seen one! It looks like a really big, stout P.W. corgi :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-11-2001, 03:24 PM
Another picture of a Norrbottenspets (Sounds Swedish, doesn't it?)

http://www.dogs-in-canada.com/breeds/photos/norrbottenspets.jpg

ilovehounds
12-11-2001, 05:16 PM
Ahh that pic shows its tail, I thought it had no tail :D They are nice looking.

tatsxxx11
12-11-2001, 05:43 PM
My Dad is from Sweden and knew exactly what I was talking about when I shared your post with him! What a gorgeous, tightly packed bundle of energy!

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

zippy-kat
12-11-2001, 07:07 PM
I didn't think he had a tail either!
CUTE PUP!

ShepherdLover
12-12-2001, 12:01 PM
I thought I knew of every breed! Guess I didn't! They are cute! ;)

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: ShepherdLover ]