PDA

View Full Version : Going kitty shopping today!

luckies4me
03-25-2003, 06:05 PM
We will be heading to Petsmart in about 30 minutes to go kitty and ratty shopping! But if there is anything you all recommend, such as treats, toys etc, please let me know.

So far the list goes like this:

new collars and tags
cat food...obviously
catnip
fuzzy balls
???

I'll also be ratty shopping for some treats and bird toys! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2003, 06:10 PM
Oh you are lucky! :D

What about a scratching post or one of those cardboard scratching things that lay on the ground. Or do you have those already? Another litter box so new kitty can have her own?

Good luck and I know you'll let us know who the lucky kitty is! :)

luckies4me
03-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Well I actually haven't found one yet but want to prepare and the other felines need some toys as well, hehe. I was going to go with a bunny but have since changed my mind. :p

We do have scratching posts though...oh I know! Those feathers on a stick! :D

luckies4me
03-25-2003, 06:46 PM
I think I want a tuxedo longhaired kitty!:D

luckies4me
03-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Well we went shopping. :D I forgot to buy collars and tags but I can do it this weekend. I did however remember to buy their cat nip and got them some fuzzy micies. :D

Here are some pics of the "stuff" and Houdini sniffing the catnip. :)

luckies4me
03-26-2003, 07:08 PM
Houdini got really excited, she hasn't had catnip for a while.

My other kitties Blacky and Ickeris, they LOVE catnip!!! If you buy them a plant of it, they will eat it all within like seven minutes, hehe. :p

Reminds me of TailChasers Song, when TailChaser sniffs the catnip plants for the first time and the other kitties think he is going to die because he had an overdose. hahahahah I love that book!

Anyways, Houdini.....

carole
03-26-2003, 09:13 PM
good luck with the kitty shopping, the best feeling was choosing my little lexie from the cats protection league, my other cats have chosen me , turning up as strays , she was the first one i have ever chosen, i nearly missed taking her, as i thought she might be a bit too timid for my noisey household but she is lovely, get a mouse with beads inside it, lexie loves hers good luck

luckies4me
03-26-2003, 09:16 PM
A mouse with beads in it. :confused:

Where do you find those? They sound interesting. :)

carole
03-26-2003, 09:28 PM
well my friend new zealand is a bit far to come for those, i am sure the big us of a would have something similar, well not sure if they are beads but makes a noise when she plays with it, some sort of beads in there. cheers

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 02:46 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by luckies4me
My other kitties Blacky and Ickeris, they LOVE catnip!!! If you buy them a plant of it, they will eat it all within like seven minutes, hehe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blacky and Ickeris are my cats in California ok. Ickeris was my cat Wackos baby. Her name was Wacko because she came from the crazy neighbor who lived across the street. Black is from a litter of four kittens that I found on Easter when I was in the 5th grade. I found them behind a tiny wall squished between another wall at my school. Blacky was the first one I saw, and he was the one we ended up keeping. :D Even though originally my mom didn't want any. Blackys sister and brother were killed by someone, I believe her ex bf (brother and sisters father) or his brother. At at least we blamed it on Francisco, and yes I have mentiond Blacky before. Blacky survived because he liked to hide behind the stove, that saved his life! He's getting pretty old, around 13. He's a feisty cat who gets cranky a lot hehe. He likes to swat, but it's his old age. There is also Baby, my black and white cat who also lives with my family in California. She was a birthday present for my 18th bf from my ex. but Denny, my step dad fell so in love with her that when I moved she stayed with my family. Then there is Thor, their persian kitty who they rescued from their neighbor. The neighbor got a new dog, I think a mastiff and stopped going home and just kinda ended up at my moms house with his owners permission. So there you have it, my other fur family. Yes they are my cats, they are part of my family, but it's kinda hard to post pics of them when they live a whole state away ok. Perhaps I should have my mother send me some pics or maybe she could join Pet Talk to let you know about our sweeties. BTW Ickeris is our fat cat with a thyroid disorder, she is on meds for the rest of her life. She also has heart problems.

?? This is the first you're mentioning Blacky and Ickeris - on your inventory that you so thoughtfully provided for us on 3/26/03 on another thread, your cats are:

quote:
As far as cats I have the following (yes I do post about them)
Houdini, mother of Tin Tin, Cheetah and Mystic- female Marble glittered Bengal
Mystic- Very dark glittered rosetted marble Bengal
Cheetah- glittered spotted rosetted Bengal
Tin Tin- flittered spotted Bengal
Spanky- Orange Domestic shorthair tabby cat

As recently as 2/16/03 you once again provided a detailed list of your pets, and there was no mention of a Spanky, Blacky, or Ickeris on it:

quote:
Another Bengal lover! I have Bengals too!
I currently have Four Bengal kitties, Houdini, Mystic, TIN TIN and Cheetah! I also have:
one white spot gecko named Geicko
one California Desert Tortoise (with F&W permit mind you) named Lucy
one hedgehog (soon to be two!) named Speedy
one wild house mouse named Fred
and LOTS of rats...they are as follows:

As far as Spanky is concerned, he is not my cat per say, he lives with Dans dad. But I do consider him a part of the family, but he doesn't live with us. He was rescued as a feral cat by Dan. He's a cute tom kitty, kinda chunky and looks like Randis cat. :D But he has an attitude. :p Tin Tin too is my cat but he lives with Spanky at the house. Is that a crime?

The same day, 2/16/03, you posted this on a different thread:

quote:
I have five kitty cats, most related. Houdini, the momma kitty, Mystic from Houdinis first litter, Tin Tin and Cheetah from Houdinis second litter and Spanky- a domestic short haired orange tabby. Houndini, Cheetah, Mystic and Tin Tin are Bengal Cats.

Ah, you remembered Spanky this time. Kind of odd to forget a supposedly loved, treasured, member of the family, when posting on the same day.........

The previous day, 2/15/03, this was posted, but you never answered anyone's questions about what type of kittens they were:

quote:
I came home tonight after visiting with some friends of Dan and I's and to my suprise I walk into the room and I had a NEW litter of kittens!! I cannot see how many she had...I think it may only be two. That means I now have three litters at once lol.
This is a good thing though and I know who the dad is but I could have sworn she must have had them early as I was not expecting them this soon! If she did have them on time I may have another litter tonight or tomorrow as my other girl was bred the same day! A toast to kittens lol!
First off I DID reply. If you read the thread I was talking about RAT KITTENS! NOT CATS! Again, that was mentioned!!! Rats, not cats, understand? Does it really sound like I am talking about cats? How could I have three litters of cats at once?

Here's a post from 3/8/03, a mere 3 weeks ago:

quote:
I took some pics of Simon today. Yes he lost his collar *sigh*
Anywho I haven't taken pics of him for while (since he was a kitten) so I took some new ones today. Sorry they are kinda plain but we don't have much lighting in this house, urrgh, so these will have to do. Enjoy!
Simon lounging around...on his favorite blankie.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Simon and Sadie are my neighbors kitties. They were rescues that I rehomed, so they are jointly mine in a way. They practically live here as my friend lives in the same complex as I do. But they just bought a house and are leaving so I won't be able to visit Simon and Sadie as often anymore. :( But I do believe I mentioned in another post who they were.

quote:
Again sorry they aren't so great but I will have better kitty pics sometime soon. I took a great one of Mystic and Cheetah sleeping together the other day (like always, they are attached to the hip ) but it was REALLY dark so I gotta get some updated ones of them and Houdini, and Sadie as well.......and Spanky and Tin Tin.

Sadie??? Who's Sadie?? Who the heck is Simon??

Oh, here's one from 3/10/03 - a kitty named River??

You must not have read the gazillion posts I wrote about River did you? River was a kitten that I rescued and bottle fed...she has SEVERAL threads!

You can read about her story here:

http://www.geocities.com/luckies4me/River.html

Now, I do not have to post about every single animal that I own. When I feel that I want to I do, if I don't than I don't, period. When I take pictures I post. Perhaps when I go visit California next I will take some photos of the cats, but until then no one will see any. I am not going to fly to Cali just to take pictures of the cats for someone to believe me, that is retarted.

:rolleyes:

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Actually I think I do hve some pictures of Icky and the others. I will try to find them and scan them so you all can see how adorably cute they are!!!!:D

aguu
03-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Hmmm.. I've had a couple of slow days at work most of which I spent browsing PT. And I got all caught up on Luckie's posts. I totally agree with you "Creatures" - I think this young lady has a bit on an "prevarication" problem to put it lightly. BUT I think that the best way to deal with it is to ignore her. I believe you're may be just egging her on. Please don't take offense to my saying this. Personally I feel really sorry for this person.
She seems very lonely to me.

Desert Arabian
03-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Hey Luckies, rats don't have litters of two.

eight and sixteen little bundles of joy; tiny pink squeakies.

Taken directly from the Rat & Mouse Club of America. To see the whole article click here (http://www.rmca.org/Articles/stork.htm)

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Caught up on what? What is there not to understand in my posts? Did you not read them? It's pretty self explanatory to me.

Why would you feel sorry for me? Lonely? haha that's funny! I have a beautiful 16 month old son, a wonderful fiance and my cute pets! What's there to be lonely about? :D

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Hey Luckies, rats don't have litters of two.

Taken directly from the Rat & Mouse Club of America. To see the whole article click here (http://www.rmca.org/Articles/stork.htm)

Rats can have litter of just about any size. Why don't you go post on RPNW and see what they tell you? I bet you will feel really dumb.

And why did you write that anyway? The smallest litter of babies I have had is three, and that was the most recent one. so you need to do a little more research. I think I should know, I've been breeding for years. Perhaps you are not fimilar with the pearl gene as well? yes well you have a lot to learn.

Miss Meow
03-27-2003, 03:25 PM
Cass, I thought you were saving to visit your dad???

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Yes I am, but there might not be a need as he may come here sooner than I thought. But I am not sure. Still hasn't seen the doc yet though.......Either I go there next week or my family comes here, one way or another.

aguu
03-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Caught op on all your posts Luckies.. that is what MY post says exactly (did you not read it?). Sorry but they do all seem quite inconsistent. You certainly seem to have a lot time on your hands for a mother of a 16 month old. But I do not know you and I certainly don't mean to judge you, ok?

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 03:32 PM
For your information my son is asleep taking his afternoon nap so I am online updating my website and answering email.

Desert Arabian
03-27-2003, 03:33 PM
Oh yea, one other thing...you didn't reply to anybody on this original thread. See- Click here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21229&highlight=Dan). Ooops!

P.S. I wouldn't feel dumb, I would feel educated- because I would have learned something. :rolleyes: And...I do know a lot (compared to other people) about rats. Just not about "breeding" them. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Oh perhaps I should mention Sadie, the other Sadie as well then, or if I ever mention her, heaven forbid the world will think I am making her up. God get a life, really.

For those of you dog lovers, Sadie is Dans moms and Dans moms girlfriends dog. :) she was adopted from the Humane Society as a puppy. I believe she is a border collie or lab mix, at least I think so. I'll scan some pics of her too. :-D

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Who are you to say I can't call him my hubby? Yes I call him that, so what. No we aren't married, but we will be so why can't I start now? We are practically married anyway! SInce when do you care what names people call their significant others!?! I can call him whatever I want, and if I want to call him hubby than I will I don't know a piece of paper telling me anything!

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Date: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:48 pm
Subject: Re: What has been your smallest litter size???

I had one litter of three babies. They were big babies too. At 2
weeks, they were the size of 4-week-old rats.

PLURRat

Date: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:42 pm
Subject: Re: What has been your smallest litter size???

That sounds like our WWR Klee Wyck right now - she just has three
ENORMOUS babies. Seriously, these guys look like sumo wrestlers. I
swear they are at least as large as Beefy's kids who are a week older.
Nobody's ever heard of a ritten exploding from drinking too much
milk, right? ;-) We may actually foster a few babies if Klee doesn't
seem to mind from Becky's unexpectedly huge litter of 16 to give poor
Sally a break. And, of course, the litter of three is one for whom I
had a billion requests - Murphy's Law of rat breeding strikes again!

Lynn and the Ruckus of Rats, Now Featuring the Three Little Piglets

Well Amy's Kappi had a litter of 2, though 1 died shortly after birth. And Kim's Nat recently had a litter of 3, though the lethal pearl gene may have had something to do with that one.

Tanya

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Hey Yellow Lab Lover. Your comment under your avatar is ridiculous.

yes my rabbit was the Cadbury, for those of you who wish to verify the story you can contact my father at

[email protected]

I am sure he has some great stories about her!

Perhaps you should contact Ayri as well, as ask her about her rats will you?

perhaps you need to go to RPNW and ask all the lovely rat people there about the movie and her having rats in it?

Here's the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RatsPacNW/

And Kaytee, well it's nice to know that you are stuffing your rats full of chemical preservtives. That's not funny...and pretty immature as well. :rolleyes:

catland
03-27-2003, 06:56 PM
ok, ok everyone, play nice or we'll have to call a time out.

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Actually I really want someone to email him about our bun. I think it would be great that people could know about her! They don't even show her commercial anymore. :( Now it's ran over by chickens and other critters lol.

I think my dad would love to talk about her. His gilfriend was an awesome trainer. :) I don't remember too much about her as I was really young. She trained kitties as well...it would be intersting to hear from her again.

carole
03-27-2003, 08:30 PM
u seem to be getting a hard time luckie how come whats up with everyone here

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 08:32 PM
I think I am making up my pets lol.

I am gonna post some pics right now! :D I dug around and found some cute ones. :p The one of Icky s SO cute!!!!!:D

Desert Arabian
03-27-2003, 09:15 PM
Hey Yellow Lab Lover. Your comment under your avatar is ridiculous.

And Kaytee, well it's nice to know that you are stuffing your rats full of chemical preservtives. That's not funny...and pretty immature as well. :rolleyes:

So what....it could be true. I'm not going to change it just because you think it is "ridiculous".

I wouldn't talk, since your birds died of "some chemical"- in your words. Immature? How? Just because I have a sense of humor??

luckies4me
03-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Yes some chemical. If I would have known what it was I would say it but I don't. Actually the vet didn't even know. It could have been a virus, we really are not sure. The only thing we think is that the Nutri Berries were ridden with something.

wolf_Q
03-28-2003, 12:10 AM
I think I am making up my pets lol.

Looks like we agree on something!

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Looks like we agree on something!

When did I ever say that? :confused: Can you please direct me to the thread.....

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 12:19 AM
That's supposed to say, "They think I'm making up my pets" I was answerin her question...duh

wolf_Q
03-28-2003, 12:20 AM
Page 2 of this thread.

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 12:22 AM
and for your information I posted pics of Blacky, Ickeris and Baby so go take a look....got some cute pics of the other kitters as well. :D

I also posted birdie pics too. hehe

The Cat Factory
03-28-2003, 12:28 AM
Good luck finding a kitty! A toy that all of my kitties love is the Swizzle Bird Teaser (http://www.petsmart.com/cat/shopping/products/product%5F28442.shtml) from PetsMart :)

http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/large/inP028637.jpg

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory
Good luck finding a kitty! A toy that all of my kitties love is the Swizzle Bird Teaser (http://www.petsmart.com/cat/shopping/products/product%5F28442.shtml) from PetsMart :)

http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/large/inP028637.jpg

Wow that looks interesting :)

What I really want to get them is a big cat tree..I should get them one of those and see if they like it. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

The Cat Factory
03-28-2003, 12:45 AM
Oh, I want a cat tree too! They are so cool! I want to get a scratching post like this someday...

http://www.catsplay.com/ptbigfoot1.jpg

popcornbird
03-28-2003, 02:44 AM
Yes some chemical. If I would have known what it was I would say it but I don't. Actually the vet didn't even know. It could have been a virus, we really are not sure. The only thing we think is that the Nutri Berries were ridden with something.

If you think Nutriberries killed your birds, then you are wrong. If nutriberries were so bad that they killed your birds right after they ate them, I believe all birds that eat nutriberries should be dead by now. :rolleyes:

All of my friend's birds eat those, and they are all alive and healthy.

Your birds must have been intoxicated by something else. Maybe they breathed some toxic chemicals in the air.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-28-2003, 03:28 AM
WOW those swizzle thingys look great, Ally was having a cat-nap on top of the monitor, and I showed her the picture. She is now demanding that I order on online NOW Meowmmy!! LOL! I LUV spoiling my baba with new toys - my kitchen looks like a babies nursery!

Re all the other stuff on this thread (which REALLY seems to have got sidetracked! ) one thing I really like about the boards that if you dont agree with someone you can just ignore their posts......

there is enough conflict in the world without getting bent out of shape about what pets someone does or doesnt have....

Group hug - OK - now lets get back to talking about our kitties!;)

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
If you think Nutriberries killed your birds, then you are wrong. If nutriberries were so bad that they killed your birds right after they ate them, I believe all birds that eat nutriberries should be dead by now. :rolleyes:

All of my friend's birds eat those, and they are all alive and healthy.

Your birds must have been intoxicated by something else. Maybe they breathed some toxic chemicals in the air.

I don't think the berries themselves killed them, no no. The vet thinks they may have had something in them and we just happens to get something bad. Like I said NOONE knoes what happened because it was so sudden. But I did feed them to my rats as well as they also got a little ill, but nothing major...they just didn't look right. So who knows really. They did a necropsy but nothing was found.....I actually think the one bird died because his friend passed away. They were really attached and woud preen eachother all the time. :D

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Yep those swizzles sure look like fun! I bet my furkids would love them! :D

I still need to get some new collars though...haven't found one that I like. Mystic always looses his so I need one that is going to withstand his play. :)

moosmom
03-28-2003, 12:36 PM
The Cat Factory,

My cats LOVE their cat trees. The one you have pictured in your post is like the one I ordered before I moved here. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the order because I already had two and had no room for another one.

I moved one of the trees into the kitchen in front of the picture window. They love there cuz they get to see traffic, birdies and alot of action.

Luckies4Me,

Friendly word of advice: I have also noticed alot of inconsistencies in your posts. Copping an attitude is the wrong way to make friends here. :D

Wolf_Q,

Right on!

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Like what? Oh I suppose you think I make up my pets as well?

Why don't you call my parents and ask them? I posted pictures of my other cats and my birds ok...what is there not to believe? I don't make up animals, that is ridiculous. Can we just stop this already, please?!!!

Who cares, lets just put it aside, act like adults from now on and move on.

moosmom
03-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Why are you getting so defensive if there's nothing to my comment:

I have also noticed alot of inconsistencies in your posts. Copping an attitude is the wrong way to make friends here.

I never said you made up your pets. So stop putting words in my mouth. Besides, I'm sure calling your parents would serve no purpose. Afterall, the apple don't fall far from the tree.

YellowLabLover:

LOVE your avatar!!

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Um I haven't been saying anything for awhile. I replied to PCBs post, in no way was that defensive.....

please do not talk about my parents, they do the best they can. Everyone has issues. I don't think it's appropraite to be saying bad things about someones family so please stop, it's just not right.

moosmom
03-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Enough already! I did NOT say anything bad about your parents. Grow up little girl.

luckies4me
03-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Is this not insinuating something?

"Afterall, the apple don't fall far from the tree. "

moosmom
03-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Whatever.

All Creatures Great And Small
03-28-2003, 11:31 PM
I deleted all of my posts from this thread, because they were so deeply edited by Karen that they no longer represented MY opinion or my original words.