PDA

View Full Version : New Kitty Owner

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2003, 05:08 PM
No, unfortunately I didn't get a new kitty. :( But my Aunt did! :)

As long as I've known her (41 years now) I don't think my Aunt has ever had an indoor kitty. She's always been a "dog person." Well, the ex-husband got custody of their last dog, so she was animal-less.....until now. I just found out about this, and haven't seen any pictures, and she doesn't know how to do pictures on the computer so I guess I will just have to go visit sometime real soon. ;) :D Here's the email she sent me explaining how she came to be owned Hazelle.

This is a brief explanation of how Hazelle came to live with me.
(name deleted) breeds and shows Birman cats. She and her husband flew to England at Thanksgiving to visit a breeder there. They brought home Hazelle, a chocolate tabby and a male kitten. Shortly after, Hazelle was struck with a virus in one eye. Vet said it was because she was given tuna to eat when in England. (name deleted) had to isolate her because of possible contamination of her other cats, of which she has more than a few. Hazelle was isolated in a bathroom. (name deleted) asked if I would take the kitten and gave me her bed, toys, food and carrier. Hazelle was very frightened for a day and half, but has come to be comfortable. She loves to explore closets or lower cupboards. Her favorite spot is up by the sink in her cat room, the big bathroom. She is my shadow and right now lies on my lap.
Yes, it is a love affair.

Sounds like my Aunt and Hazelle will be very happy together. I told her about Pet Talk, so hopefully one of these days she'll sign up and learn how she (my Aunt) no longer is the ruler of her domain because Hazelle has now taken that role. :D

She sounds like a real cutie, although I'll have to do a search to find out exactly what a "chocolate tabby" Birman looks like. :)

batgirl1980
03-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Aww, I'm so happy for your aunt! You will most definetely have to go and get photos of Miss Hazelle!! And I'm happy for Miss Hazelle to have found a great home to rule! :)

Barbara
03-26-2003, 03:04 AM
Hazelle sounds wonderful. Can we expect pictures?

kimlovescats
03-26-2003, 08:13 AM
Vet said it was because she was given tuna to eat when in England.

I've never heard of Tuna causing an eye infection before!!! Has anyone else heard of this???

Well, Congratulations to your Aunt and her new kitty!:)

PayItForward
03-26-2003, 08:30 AM
I liked to have more details on the tuna. As I am English and occasionally feed George tuna as a treat.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I've never heard of Tuna causing an eye infection before!!!

I thought that was kind of odd too, but haven't had a chance to actually talk to my Aunt - just emails. My Aunt doesn't know much about cats so might not have known to question this, but I'm sure the breeder knew about cats and should have questioned it, but I really have no idea. I haven't a clue how tuna could cause an eye infection, clam juize maybe (and maybe Boots can fill us in on that) but not tuna. ;) :D

Cataholic
03-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the newest almost member of PT!

As to tuna? Maybe it has something to do with the tuna being put directly into the kitties eye?

slick
03-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Please congratulate you Aunt for me. May this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship......hey, where'd I hear that before??

Do hope she signs up soon and gives us some pics to look at.

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2003, 11:12 PM
I'm so happy that your Aunt has a new cat. :) At first I thought it was you though Debbie. Maybe sometime soon. :) Yes, I'd also love to see some pictures of him and it would be great if she joined pet talk too. :)

NoahsMommy
03-26-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm glad they found each other. :)

I love her name!!