PDA

View Full Version : Feelin' Bummed Today

SANDY FROST
03-25-2003, 02:11 AM
I'm feelin bummed today. One of the local teenage boys that used to be a bagger at the local grocery store. I was talking to him and his Mother died last week at age 42 years from MS.

And a friend I know has such a rare gentic disorder that there are just a handful of such cases her in the U.S.. And of course no research is being done for it. My friend is out of the hospital and doing well know.
Thanks,
Sandy Frost:confused:

Nomilynn
03-25-2003, 04:37 AM
That's too bad Sandy. I'll hope for the best for your friends and family :)

ChrisH
03-25-2003, 06:06 AM
Condolences to the young man for the death of his Mum, it must be so hard for him.
I am sorry to hear of your friends illness too. I am glad she out of hospital and doing well now, and long may she continue to do so.

Chris

marysmerrycats
03-25-2003, 06:31 AM
thats just terrible! so young!
what is the genetic disorder your friend has, if you don't mind me asking?

anna_66
03-25-2003, 06:34 AM
I can't even imagine loosing my mother, that would be so hard. But then to loose her so young:(
I'm also sorry to hear about your friend. MS is hard to live with.
They will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

SANDY FROST
03-25-2003, 10:31 AM
Thank You everyone for all your kind words. My friend has never said anything about her illness.
I wish I knew what she had but she is a private
person.

It blew me away that someone younger than passed away and her son Is only 19 0r 20 years old. People always ask why this person or asking from a higher source. Why this person?
Just bad luck.

Another person I know Had a bone spur on his spine and was almost in a wheel chair like actor Christopher Reeves but with an operation and good luck he is walking without a walker or a
cane. And he drives a car once again. He told me it was just bad luck he had. He takes 1 day at a time. Some days he stiff in thed morning and some days he is not .
Thanks,
Sandy Frost
:) :) :) :) ;) :) :)

gini
03-25-2003, 11:13 AM
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't stop and say THANK YOU when I first wake up. Reading these stories makes it even clearer why I do.

Sandy, I am sorry for all of your friends, especially the young man that has lost his mother.

SANDY FROST
03-25-2003, 03:26 PM
THANKS GINI.
OWNER OF 3 BENGAL CATS.
SANDY FROST:)

carole
03-25-2003, 08:03 PM
so sad to hear of your friend sandy and the young lad loosing his mum, i am of that same age group and believe me i would not like to leave the planet yet, life is so hard sometimes, hugs to you and your friend thinking of you.

Karen
03-25-2003, 09:39 PM
But that woman lives on, in the heart of her son, and in every act of kindness he shows to the strangers whose groceries he bags. MS is a long battle, and not one I would wish on anyone.

Tell your friend she'll have prayers from all of us, and so will you, on whose heart these heavily weighed.

SANDY FROST
03-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks Carol and Karen for your support and great insights.
Sandy Frost:)

kingrattus
03-26-2003, 12:20 AM
poor young Man, I hope he has a pet to cry on... & I'm glad ur friend is feeling a bit better...

my great aunt has lived with MS for 20 or 30 yrs now, they told her she would be in a wheel chair a couple yrs after they foundout she had MS... Well she said hell no I don't want a wheel chair & refuses to use on, shes still walking today, she walks as if she was drunk, but we all know she doesn't touch a drop of boozes ever... She walks at the big mall in Sudbury everyday, & they know shes not drunk so she doesn't get bothered & they put more benches out for her too... shes a very strong willed person & I respect that 100%... the dr.s can't believe shes walking, they said she has a very very very bad case of MS & they just don't get it...

carole
03-26-2003, 02:46 AM
you are most welcome, anytime u need someone to talk to just pm me , i do hope you can talk with your friend and find out whats really wrong. take care bye for now carole

SANDY FROST
03-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Kingrattus,
I think it's wonderful that the people at the shopping mall put out more benches for her.
Thanks for your kind words.:)
Sandy Frost:)

Your great aunt has alot of spirit. She'll outlive
alot of people. I knew someone who was dianosed with with cancer and only a few months to live if she quits smoking. Well she quit smoking and 20 years later at age 95 she died ater her having pnumonia for the 3rd time in the same year.;)