PDA

View Full Version : do you ever wonder?

marysmerrycats
03-25-2003, 01:55 AM
what your pet dreams about? I think my cats probably dream about catching birds, being outside, etc, but I wonder what else they dream about..I know they do, because I have seen them when they are sleeping and I can tell when they are having a dream...

also, when WE have dreams, we know when we wake up it was just a dream, but do they know that? or do they think actually happend?

:confused:

mugsy
03-25-2003, 02:06 AM
I don't think they know, but, who knows....until we become Doctor Doolittle, it's pretty much up in the air! ;)

I know that Max is our big dreamer, he chases more squirrels than any dog I know! lol

Soledad
03-25-2003, 03:16 AM
What a great question! The part I wonder about the most is if they know its a dream or if they think it really happened. I'd imagine they have some way of reasoning it, or else they'd live in constant shock!

I'm sure Boo dreams about endless fields of full and stinky garbage bags to tear open and explore. ;)

Nomilynn
03-25-2003, 04:34 AM
I sure do, especially when they meow in their sleep. Those times I think they are chasing birds. But it would be very interesting to know for sure!!! :)

joycenalex
03-25-2003, 05:55 AM
duke is a much more vigorous dreamer then alex. duke, snores, woofs, barks, whimpers and makes running motions in his sleep. i hope his dreams are sweet, but the time i heard him whimper, i woke him up by rubbing his chest lightly and crooning his name till he was fully awake.

marysmerrycats
03-25-2003, 06:16 AM
joycenalex
I have heard my cats do similar things, and have petted them to comfort them! poor things!

popcornbird, what a scary thing to happen to your sweet little bird:(

soledad
dr dolittle, lol! I wish I could understand them and vice versa!

Mugsy
wow you have 20 dogs? !!

Logan
03-25-2003, 07:13 AM
I can only detect it with my dogs, and that, mostly with Lilly, who cries and "woofs" in her sleep a lot. Many times I get up in the night and just comfort her......seems like bad dreams to me!! :)

lovemyshiba
03-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Kito dreams--he lets out these little puppy woofs, and we decided that he is dreaming of running through a field leash free, chasing a bunny, or something!!! It's so funny!!!
How interesting though--I don't know if they have the capacity to reason if it was just a dream--they probably think it happened, and he can't figure out why I won't let him out to run!!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-25-2003, 10:36 AM
I too wonder what my dog dreams about! Well, I got this book for Christmas, "What does your dog dream about". I wish I could figure out what Sadie does dream about!:) ;) I have never seen her chasing squirrls in her sleep, though.

Miss Meow
03-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Yay, Mary is back!!! :D

When our cats are asleep, sometimes they twitch their bodies and faces and I'm sure they are dreaming. They always wake peacefully so I'm sure they dream about bite-sized chickens flying above their heads, self-opening cans of tuna and an account at the butcher shop :eek:

primabella
03-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Mickey is always twitching his feet or turning up the corners of his mouth when he sleeps so I know he dreams. When he does that, we poke him to get him out of the nightmare. Sometimes, he'll have nice dreams and you see a smile on his face. lol :) He also lets out little barks and his toes start wiggling. it's so cute :D

Jessica12345
03-25-2003, 03:31 PM
thats a great question! Jordan yips in his sleep alot, and one time he had a barking fit in his sleep and i had to shake him in my arms and he was scared to go near the refrigerator! lol!:p

marysmerrycats
03-25-2003, 03:59 PM
well, you know... there IS that boogie monster that lives behind the fridge! LOL

Jessica12345
03-25-2003, 04:05 PM
LOL:p

weiner_teddy
03-25-2003, 05:00 PM
That's a really good question! I'm not sure either, but my little doxie sure dreams alot. He sleeps with me at night, and I can hear him whimper and then I wake up and he twitches his little feet, it's hillarious, but then I just wake him up and tell him he is just having a dream. Then he goes back to sleep and snores!!:D

03-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Inka : I dream about mousies! And of chasing my sis' tail!! In my dreams, I can ALWAYS catch it..! Not yet during the day, however:rolleyes:

Maya: Mousies, and FOOD!!!.