PDA

View Full Version : Purebred GSD in Michigan

Sudilar
03-24-2003, 12:16 AM
This poor dog will be sent to RESEARCH on the 27th!!!!

He's in Reed City, MI.
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/MI131.1540781.jpg

Purebred/Urgent!
Dog
German Shepherd Dog

Size: Large
Sex: Male
I.D:

Notes: This is a one year old purebred male GSD available in the Oceola Animal control shelter(Reed City). He's much prettier than this picture shows. He is a nice dog and knows his basic commands. Cannot guarantee that he's housebroke but he is neutered and most often they are housebroke if someone has bothered to neuter them. Also, he refuses to go to the bathroom in his run so it's a very good bet he's housebroke. Please call 231-832-5790 if you would like more info on him. He only has until the 27th.

This pet is: altered

Will be sent to RESEARCH!

delidog
03-24-2003, 03:50 AM
Sue,
is there a gsd rescue that could take him?????
thats' not alot of time for him....
He is Beautiful!!!!

Sudilar
03-24-2003, 08:57 AM
Ok, this boy will not go to research. Tracy from NWS Haven will pull him, if no one else does!!! Whew.

Boy! E-mail is a wonderful thing. So many dogs across the country are being saved through this media.

He is still available for adoption, if anyone is interested. ;)

ramanth
03-24-2003, 09:35 AM
Ohhh!! He's gorgeous!

I wish I had room. :(

I hope he goes to a good home. I love GSD's.

aly
03-24-2003, 10:56 AM
It is beyond me how people can knowingly send the poor babies to research :( :( :( Ugh. Thank goodness this boy has a guardian angel!

Logan
03-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Posted the wrong link a while ago. Let me try again. I read of this on Just Dogs (MSN), where Tracy is a manager. Here is her topic and resulting reponses:

Just Dogs (http://groups.msn.com/JustDogs/jokeslaughs.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=42706&LastModified=4675414846084766874&all_topics=1)

Sudilar
03-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Thanks, Logan. The Mal is gorgeous, too. Tracy said she will pull the GSD unless someone else does (she's kind of crowded at the time) She pulled a gorgeous female pup from there over the weekend, I think. Thank goodness she'll step in. He is so handsome. If Killian weren't sick, I'd be tempted by this guy, too!! So many magnificent GSDs out there in shelters!!!!

Logan
04-01-2003, 09:10 AM
Saw on Tracy's site, this morning, that she is pulling him today, Sue. She has been jerked around a lot, but is in hopes that he hasn't gotten "crazy" being kenneled. Here is her most recent message:

This is the GSD that I was all in an uproar about because the shelter kept jerking me around. Called me and asked me to take him or find him a home because he was going to research and then turned around and kept him because so many people were calling on him. I still don't understand the logic behind that thinking.
Anyway.......he's finally coming here with me! I so wanted to tell her to kiss my butt when she called again yesterday to ask me if I could help him but I couldn't do it. I just loaded up with dogs from another shelter but I'll squeeze him in somewhere.

I just hope that after 22 days of shelter life he hasn't gone crazy. I've seen very nice dogs go insane after fewer days than this boy has had to tolerate.

Wish us luck...I'm going to pull him about 1 today.

Sudilar
04-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks, Logan.

He was supposed to go to the Mom of one of the deputy's. I wonder what happened there. :confused:

tatsxxx11
04-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Oh, gosh...I hope that poor boy is out of there. I don't understand how they can be allowed to GIVE him up to vivisection?????????? A shelter??????????? :mad:

Sudilar
04-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Tracy has him. He's safe. She posted his picture:
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL154/1007613/1878375/22646820.jpg

lizbud
04-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Sue,

Thanks for the update. I'm very glad he's safely into Rescue.

I just recently found out how wide spread this practice called
Pound Seizure really is in most states. Some states such as Mass.
have banned this practice outright. Here's a link for more info;

http://www.savetheshelterpets.com/pg04_psz.asp

This is one organization trying to fight this betrayal of trust
of dogs & cats.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/8677/papsindex.html

I hope people take the time to check the policies of their local
pound or shelters and make their feelings known about this awful
practice.People can change things, but first we must speak up.

tatsxxx11
04-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Thanks Sue & Liz. I live in Mass. and knew this was definitley NOT allowed here. I must say this is a state that is very proactive in fighting for the rights of animals. The laws are very strict re: ownership, such as the number of dogs permitted per household, leash laws, low cost spay and neuter programs, lots of educational programs, and the animal control officer is always on patrol and very vigiliant re: watching homes where abuse is suspected. They do not hesitate to pull an animal out of a home where abuse is suspected. And we have a very high adoption rate at shelters. I'm so glad this boy is ok!!!!!:)