PDA

View Full Version : It's getting darker?

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 10:12 PM
I noticed laetly that Frisco's urine is alot darker than usual. It used to be clear, but today, when he *accidentally* peed on my arm, it was dark yellow! :eek: I find that odd, since I've been feeding the rats more vegetables than I usually do!

What do you think it could be? :confused:

iwuvsmypuppy
03-27-2003, 09:22 PM
i dont really know what it could be ( was this b4 or after the pea accidnet) it mite be that ya nava know....:confused:

wolfsoul
03-27-2003, 09:32 PM
This was four days ago, but I havn't noticed if it's changed yet..

iwuvsmypuppy
03-27-2003, 09:45 PM
o0o0 then i have no clue as of rite now!!:confused: but i know hes not a dog but Isabells poop was real thin when she was little and her urine was a lighter color now that i think bout it>> but as she got older(like1 week) her poo got thicker and her urine was darker(i know cuz i kept having to clean it off the porch!;) )

tatsxxx11
03-28-2003, 05:34 PM
The darker the color, the more concentrated. It sounds like he might need more fluids! Is he drinking enough? Often dark, concentrated urine is also a sign of a urinary tract infection. If you can, get him to drink more water. Is he eating well, acting normally? If you're at all uncertain, I'd have a vet check him. It might be nothing, but best to check! Hope it's nothing serious!!:(

wolfsoul
03-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Actually, I have noticed a decrease in his drinking...instead of keeping me awake all night by drinking through that stupid noisy water bottle, he's been keeping me up all night by running around his cage, climbing up and down the wire, and throwing his bowl against the cage :rolleyes:
But I thought that was because I have been giving him more veggies and so he wouldn't need as much water...hmmm :confused: He has also been alot more hyper (which is very hyper, he never settles down!!!)...I guess I'll call a vet...

iwuvsmypuppy
04-01-2003, 09:12 PM
well i am glad SOMEONE knows what they are talking about>> i hope it is nothing serious!!:( :D