PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog know english?

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Leather knows english more than any other dog I've ever met! She can understand what people say almost perfectly, and always knows when you are talking about her! :D She also understands the spelling of some words like: walk, treat, dog, puppy, food, dish, and people's names.

I'm very proud of her! ;)

Does your dog understand you? :)

primabella
03-23-2003, 07:14 PM
Mickey knows some words and I think he knows some names of food. He knows al his commands (sit, stay, ect...) and "get the ball" "bring it back" "get bigglesworth" "cookie" "drink" "tag" (and the whole idea of the game) "goodnight Mickey" means time to sleep and finally "going for a walk"

I hope he gets to know a lot more though. :)

micki76
03-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Oh, YES! :eek: Chester know a lot of english, mostly phrases. I'll list some of them. Grandpa's House (his fave) Go to the Vet, Breakfast, Out, Ready for Night, Night?, Quit licking your feet (he has bad allergies),Daddy's home, Let Mommy get up, Do you want a bath? (he LOVES water), and this one's my fave- when he hears a car door in the neighborhood he wants to bark, so we always tell him "it was just the tv" and he settles down everytime! LOL! There are many more. :rolleyes:

Millie on the other hand hasn't been with us for very long but she's learning. In 3 mos she's learned, kibble :D, Let's go, Let Mommy get up, Ready for bed?, gimme some sugar, and treat.

Of course, they both know their basic commands, too.

slleipnir
03-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Josie knows everything to do with food for th emost part lol like food, hungry, treat, breakfast etc..she knows thinks like walk, do you wanna go to the cottage (really she just seems to know do you wanna...lol) shes knows or atleast i think she does, need to go out for a pee (she goes to the door) Zeke is still learning he really only knows walk and treats lol

Kfamr
03-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Simba knows alot of english. He just can't speak it! He can say I love you though hehe. He knows alot of words/sentences. The one he hates the most is "Wanna take a bath?"

kingrattus
03-23-2003, 09:06 PM
heres the list:

1. wanna go for a walk
2. walk
3. w.a.l.k.
4. car ride
5. get in the back (telling him to get into the backseat of the truck
6. open (open the door)
7. go get ur ball
8. go get ur rope
9. daddy
10. mommy
11. christine (he will go to these people)
12. Rob (Max doesn't know me by any name, but dads trying to teach him my name)
13. u gotta go pee? (he'll run to the dog if its a yes)
14. u gotta crap?
15. r u sick? (he'll run to the door)
16. stop it! its the darn tv
17. get that darn cat! (he'll chase the cat away from the birds)
18. get that darn dog! (he'll chase the dog away (I don't like dogs pooping in my yard))
19. wanna go swimming?
20. wheres ur water stick? (I always lose it in the wood pile, but max always finds it)
21. search (I'll show him a candy easter egg & tell him to find them for me, he'll pick it up in his mouth & I'll tell him to drop)
22. drop
23. stop (whens hes off leash & I want him to stop at the end of the block)
24. lets go to bed
25. breakfast (thats his only meal)
26. kill the cat (its not what u think! it means find my sis's cat & play with her, I can't say get the cat or he'll chase her)
27. fetch
28. return
29. mush
30. run, go go goooo (another sled command)
31. left
32. right (more sled commands, & fetching sticks in the water, & which way to turn when he's off leash)
33. sit
34.stay
35.down
36.on ur side
37.roll over
38.sit pretty (sitting with his butt on the floor & his front paws in the air)
39.jump up (a sitting pretty turns into standing on his hind legs)
40. paw
41. other paw
42. great big high five (its a jump up & shaking both his paws at once, with 1 of my hands)
43. yucky poo poo (spit that out or I'll rip it out of ur mouth... heheh)
44. leg (I'll tap one of his legs & he'll lift that leg so I can put his booties on)

there is soooo much more, but I'm sick of tying so many... I think my hand is cramping :rolleyes:

iwuvsmypuppy
03-24-2003, 02:57 PM
gosh kingrattus Isabell only knew sit and play ball:eek:

lovemyshiba
03-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Lemme think about it--Abbey and Kito know
Basic commands
Bath--they hate it
Mommy
Daddy
Bunny (unfortunately they bark every time they are outside and see a bunny)
they know each other's names
stop biting each other :rolleyes:
time for bed
turn (if we're walking)
stop licking my toes (I hate it!!)
car ride (kito loves it, Abbey hates it)

and a few more that I can't think of right now!!

micki76
03-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
stop licking my toes (I hate it!!)

:p :eek: EEEEWWWWW!!! :eek: :p

cali
03-25-2003, 08:10 AM
happy knows everything, I dont have to teach her the command I just trained using phrases not one word commands I ask her to do something the same way I woul dask a person and happy will do it :p