PDA

View Full Version : Neglected dog?

primabella
03-23-2003, 04:18 PM
There is a Golden Retriever that lives on the block right in back of my house. I see him everytime Mickey goes for his walk or they will just "talk" to eachother from their yards. I am just curious to know if this dog is neglected. I always hear him outside barking or whining. I don't know a time when he isn't outside. There is also poop all around the yard (which isn't very big either). His eyes are black but the bottom is like a blood red kinda color. I also haven't seen many toys in the yard, just a ball and what looks like a towel. I've also noticed that slowly, slowly, the fence gets pushed back and a piece of wood that was there isn't there anymore. He also chews on the fence, btu there is a steel bar so he can't really escape. Anyway, my guess is the poor thing is being neglected but I don't know what to do. When I pass by, sometimes I'll give him a little treat.

Well, today him and Mickey were standing there or running the fence like they normally do (like playing) and these two kids from the house were watching. After awhile, they walked away but I'm wondering...there are these two little kids and this gorgeous dog. Why are they separated? The only time I have seen them together is once the Golden wasn't there because he was in the front and I heard a little girls voice, so I'm guessing he was greeting her or something. Anyway, any ideas?

oodlesofpoodles
03-23-2003, 04:25 PM
How does he look. Thin, Normal, Fat. Can you see if there is a dog house and water bowl. As for the eyes, It could be a number of things allergies, conjuncititis, or eye entropion, It's hard to say. Just keep a watch on him esp. since it is getting warmer. If there is no water bowl. or dog house, I would call it neglect. And if no one ever plays with him or spend time with him, yes I think it would be neglect.

primabella
03-23-2003, 04:31 PM
Well, when Mickey and I pass by we hear like a rustling noise and then he pops out of nowhere. But there is a lot of stuff in front so it's hard to tell. I will check for a bowl and house tomorrow. Thanks for answering :)

Jessica12345
03-24-2003, 04:23 PM
hope he is alright... keep us updated

CamCamPup33
03-26-2003, 06:57 PM
ever find out?

primabella
03-26-2003, 07:11 PM
No, no walks yet.
It's been raining so we just keep Mickey running around in the house. The ice has melted but it's still there so it's all slippery. I just hope the poor Golden isn't outside in the rain. I'll be sure to let you know, thanks :)