PDA

View Full Version : Bad Kitty... Any ideas?

CatLover03
03-23-2003, 12:15 PM
My kitty keeps running away from home. He has a collar and everything. Every time he comes back home his collar is gone, and he gets fatter. Any ideas to keep him in the area? He hasn't been run over so I am relieved about that idea. I need some help on my troublesome kitty. I've had him since he was about 2 1/2 months old. Thanks for the input.

catmandu
03-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Someone else must be feeding him , or has cats that he wants to be friends with. we had a cat when I was yonger and he found a better home , and moved in there , this lady was the first that i ever heard of cooking for the cats!

emily_the_spoiled
03-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Since he keeps "misplacing" his collar I would strongly recommend getting him micro-chipped. Your local vet or SPCA will do this. That way if he is caught then he can b scanned and returned to you.

It definitely sounds like he has found someone who is feeding him. But is there anyway you can keep him inside?

aly
03-23-2003, 01:13 PM
I would strongly suggest keeping him inside. He is in great danger of being hit by a car if he does that much running around :(

RogueFerret
03-23-2003, 01:34 PM
I would get him nutered, if he isn't already. My Panther never goes far from home since I've had him fixed. Also, try to find what food is his favorite and feed him lots of it. If you have the best food, he won't need to go anywhere else.;)

jenluckenbach
03-23-2003, 01:37 PM
If you want him to stay home, keep him inside. It is that simple.

Cataholic
03-23-2003, 02:26 PM
If you don't want him to run....then, don't let him out. You cannot keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

kimlovescats
03-23-2003, 03:13 PM
CatlLover3 .... do you still live at home with your parents? I'm wondering if you are a child and your parents maybe won't allow your kitty to stay indoors? He sure does need to be indoors, or at least in a garage or something so that he doesn't run away and get hurt or sick! :(

BastetsMum
03-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Having an Indoor kitty is a good idea.

CatLover03
03-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am 16, and my parents want to put him out when he wants out. He's usually gone for 3-4 weeks at a time, and then comes back for a week, and then leaves. I was going to have him fixed, but two days before he ran off. My cat will eat everything, and really doesn't have a lot of food. Do you think I should wait longer, or just get a new one? Thank you to all who replyed to the first message.

kimlovescats
03-23-2003, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't get a new one unless your parents agree to have it spayed/neutered and let it live indoors!!! Please don't give up on the cat that you have now .... he is just doing what any un-neutered male cat will do! It would be wonderful if the next time he shows up, you could take him in to be neutered! That usually helps with the roaming! Good luck.

CatLover03
03-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey Kim, And To Everyone Else,
Thanks so much for adivce and helping me with me troublesome kitty. I could use a good cat story right now! ;)

catmandu
03-24-2003, 09:46 AM
A Good cat Story , I hope. When my mother was in the Hospital for a serious illness , my aunts got together and bought her a Himalayan cat . My mother passedon , and my aunt and uncle took the cat. Now they have gone to the RB , and the executor offered me sheba. She lost her best friend whiskers , and her guardians and was put in a strange home with 11 cats that she didnt know. But after 10 months , they all get along and she has become another friend!