PDA

View Full Version : I've got some really bad news to share:(

Tina
03-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Oh,my how do I say this. I really dreded coming here and telling everyone this. My heart is really broken into now. Ok here it goes yesterday around 1:30 P.M. BirdBird passed away.:(

I really don't know why she died she was fine yesterday morning. She was acting like her usual self. I hadn't let her out of her cage yet cause I was afraid she would fly out the door when Rob got home. Rob got home around 1:00 then he said something about me going to his parents new house to look at their hardwood floors. So I said alright. I went to get Kaitlynn some change of clothes I happened to walk by the cages. And I looked in BirdBird's cage and there she was laying in the bottom dead. It really broke my heart. I just felt like dying myself right then. I've been crying over her death since yesterday. It is so quiet. Feathers is not herself she isn't making any noises. Her and BirdBird use to talk to each other everyday. It is such a sad time here right now. I really missed hearing BirdBird this morning making her little noises with Feahters.

I'll miss BirdBird alot I loved her every much!!! I just feel like a piece of me is missing.:( I know she is at the Rainbow Bridge now meeting up with other birdies there. I just hope she will wait for me.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/pa8c7b01e15855098da12f133f3dd4416/fc75fb15.jpg

primabella
03-23-2003, 11:35 AM
{{{HUGS}}}

I am sooo sorry! :( How sad and tragic. I am sure BirdBird is up waiting for you and playing with all of PT's RB birdies. Take care of yourself. :(

RockyRoad
03-23-2003, 11:44 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about BirdBird. May she rest in peace, and have fun with all the birdies on the RB.
{{{{hugs}}}}
Britt

ChrisH
03-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Tina, I am so very sorry :( my thoughts are with you.

Rest in Peace sweet BirdBird.

Love and Hugs
Chris

Karen
03-23-2003, 12:04 PM
So sorry about BirdBird's death. Do you have any idea what happened? Was she an old birdie? Our sympathies to you and to Feathers, too.

gini
03-23-2003, 12:16 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you in this difficult time. I am glad that you shared, so now all of us can be here for you.

jenluckenbach
03-23-2003, 12:35 PM
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are so hard to say goodbye to, especially when it is sudden. My thoughts are with you.

Nomilynn
03-23-2003, 02:17 PM
So sorry to hear about BirdBird's passing :(

CathyBogart
03-23-2003, 02:24 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's hard to lose our 'kids', especially so unexpectedly.

Aspen and Misty
03-23-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss if you ever need to talk you can pm me ::hugs::

Ash

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 03:15 PM
That's so sad. I'm sorry :(

*LabLoverKEB*
03-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Tina, I am so sorry to hear about your dear BigBird.:( I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Jessica12345
03-23-2003, 07:31 PM
:( :( :( oh dear :( :( :(

I'm so so sorry about birdbird. poor baby. poor feathers too, for losing her friend. Many many big ***HUGS*** to you. Im sure birdbird is happy in the RB, with all her feathered friends, waiting for you!

May birdbird R.I.P.

:( :(

zippy-kat
03-23-2003, 10:21 PM
So so sooo sorry for BirdBird's passing. May you find comfort in sharing your memories and knowing she awaits you on the other side.

popcornbird
03-24-2003, 02:52 AM
Oh no! Not sweet Birdbird! :(:(Oh, I'm SO sorry to hear of this. :( I know that you had Birdbird for many years and loved her dearly. She was such a pretty bird. Poor baby Feathers must be devastated. :( Please take care of yourself and Feathers and know that Birdbird lived a happy and healthy life in your care and will always be grateful. :(

Do you have any clue on how she died? Was she old? Cockatiels can live well into their 20s and 30s, but I don't know how old she was. Sometimes birds chew on something toxic, or breathe toxic fumes (self cleaning over, over heated non-stick pan, scented candles, and other things). With a bird's curiosity to get into things they shouldn't, unfortunately the worst can happen if they get their beaks on something toxic. It is not normal for a bird to just die without showing any signs of illness beforehand, unless its death was caused by toxication or toxic fumes. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( Did you check her droppings from the day before? Were they normal or runny? Sometimes runny poops can be the only signs of illness. I know this is a very hard time for you and your family, but I suggest that, since you do not know the cause of death, please take Feathers for a check up to the vet to rule out any sickness. I'm so sorry. :( Birdbird was such a sweetie. :( I'm sorry I saw this late, because I was quite busy today and couldn't come on Pt. I was devastated to hear this awful news. Kaitlynn must be very upset. :(:( RIP sweet Birdbird :(

03-24-2003, 04:32 AM
Poor Birdbird...

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

slick
03-24-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss and it's so sad that it happened so suddenly. RIP BirdBird and I know you are happy and healthy at the RB! We all send hugs your way for you and Feathers.

Tina
03-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks so much for all of the kind words and thoughts. I'm so glad that I have friends here to help me through this.

Ok,I'm going to try to explain alittle better what happened Saturday. I usually try to let the birds out during the day much as I can. Well since it was a Saturday and Rob only works a halfday. I thought I'd just wait until he got home so they wouldn't get scared and try to go out the door. BirdBird was fine all morning. Then around 12-12:30 P.M. she started making a funny noise(kinda like a cough?). Well I thought to myself if she keeps it up I'll call the vet. I went in the kitchen to make some cookies before Rob got home. Rob he just came in the kitchen asking me if I'd go with him out to his parents. So I said ok I'll get some clean clothes for Kaitlynn. I was going to wait and let the birds out after I got back. Well Rob sat down at the computer and I happen to walk by and there she was in the bottom of her cage. I just can't understand what could have happened. Her poop,diet,and etc. hadn't changed at all. It wasn't runny. Also I didn't hear no more noises between 12:30 P.M. till 1:00 P.M. I made a appointment for Feathers tomorrow. So she will get checked out. I'm so glad she learned some of BirdBird's noises. It still don't even seem possible that she is gone. I was suprised my mom was even upset BirdBird died. She said she'd give me Andy(my dad's cockatiel) if my dad didn't care. I told her no Andy loves his home. I know she was just trying to make me feel better. But I'd never take Andy away my dad and my brother loves him. And I know deepdown in my heart my mom loves Andy. I'm not sure if I'm going to get another bird anyways it is just way too soon:( :(

NoahsMommy
03-24-2003, 07:03 PM
:( :( :( I'm so sorry. :( :( :(

popcornbird
03-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Tina, did you bake the cookies in a non-stick pan? Coughing all of a sudden is almost always caused breathing something toxic, and teflon fumes are deadly to birds and should never be used in the oven, in a bird's house. Oven temperatures are very high, so the fumes can easily be released. Using non-stick pans on the stove top should be used with extra caution so that they are not allowed to over-heat. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(:(:(

Tina
03-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Popcornbird the coughing happened about half an hour or less before I even started making any cookies. I have stainless steel pans I do not use any cooking spray. I don't know if that explains anymore or not?

Vermontcat
03-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Tina, I am so sorry to hear about poor BirdBird.:(
Maybe when you take Feathers to the vet you will get some answers as to what happened to BirdBird.

tikeyas_mom
03-24-2003, 08:10 PM
I am soo sorry to hear about your birdbird, its on the rainbow bridge now :) happily playing with my Homer, (A white cockatiel female, Cheekos one and only love.) :(

popcornbird
03-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Tina
Popcornbird the coughing happened about half an hour or less before I even started making any cookies. I have stainless steel pans I do not use any cooking spray. I don't know if that explains anymore or not?

It is hard to tell the cause when it happens so sudden. :(:( I'm so sorry. Birdbird was such a sweetie. May she RIP :( Let us know how Feather's appointment goes at the vet. :(