PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my family fighting in the war!

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 10:52 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have some family in Iaque right now, two uncles and my mothers cousin. Please pray for them. My mother is really upset right now, especially about what the Iraquis did to our soldier and how they showed the bodies on tv, you are NOT supposed to do that, it is disrespectful. My mother now wants them ALL dead! She is so upset over this and crying constantly and waiting for that phonecall to say our family has died in the war. :( I know there are good Iraquis but when they kill someone and show them on tv, that is so bad and they will go to hell for that! We are treating their soldiers with respect! :mad: They violated the Geneva bill! :mad: They just killed to kill and that's it. Have we slaughtered any of their men? NO we haven't! We are being nice to them hugging them and sharing jokes! This really upsets me! If a person is dead, at least show them some respect, it is all about killing us Americans. It is very sad. At least most people over there are happy we are at war, and the women are happy that they will finally be free! Sadam and his followers make me sick! If they kill one of my family members I will be ...GOD I don't even know.

So please pray for my family and for my mother to calm down a little and for her to go through one day without crying!

KYS
03-23-2003, 11:57 AM
luckies4me, I am and still praying and will
continue to pray for all.
Please give your mother a hug from me.

A news journalists in Iraq are appalled at the differece
between how our captured soldiers were being treated
vs the captured Iraqi soldiers.

***luckies4me, I agree with you. It is terrible what
they are doing to our soldiers.

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Yes it's horrible. I hate war, but I agree with it to a point. I still think it is terrible though. :(

oodlesofpoodles
03-23-2003, 01:45 PM
Dear Lucky, you are in my prayers and thoughts as we go through this difficult time. I too have friends over there. no family members, I am praying for each and everyone to come home to their loved one.

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Thank you all. My mother was really upset this morning about them showing the bodies on tv, she just broke down. :( My uncle was in the last Iraque war as well, the Gulf war as a fighter pilot person. He made it through that one so I am hoping this time he will be safe as well. I don't know any of my uncles or aunts that well but I still love them just because they are my family. You know? Last war, my uncle sent us some Iraqi money and also notes that they sent out of th planes to Sedam Hussein. It was neat, but my brother stole them and sold them to someone. :rolleyes: I remember when we would send packages to my uncle. :)

My other uncle is in the Navy and on a boat, and he is a registered nurse as well so he is a little safer and if anyone is hurt around him he will know how to help them. :)

RogueFerret
03-23-2003, 04:04 PM
My husband has a cousin over there, so I know what you're going through. Every day, we turn on the news and hope he's okay. Someone in the family calls his wife every day (she's in Germany) to make sure she hasn't heard anything.

All we can do is keep strong and hope things work out.

micki76
03-23-2003, 05:35 PM
I'll most certainly pray for your family members. I pray for all the troops. I know we are doing the right thing and I know we must remove Saddam from power.
I am so sickened to know that he has some of our soldiers. I pray for strength for them; that they are able to withstand whatever they are subjected to by the Iraqi soldiers.

RockyRoad
03-23-2003, 06:03 PM
We'll be praying for your family members, as well as all of the troops fighting to get rid of Saddam, his sons, and his followers.

I did some research on Saddam and his sons the other day. It is sickening and evil what they do, and how the women are treated.:(

Your family members are in our thoughts and prayers. May they stay safe and return home when all of this is over.

{{{hugs}}}

Chinadoll
03-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Oh luckies, I feel for you. I can hardly bear to watch the news anymore. My Joey is still in CA, don't know when his Marine Corps unit will be shipped overseas. Your family and all of our troops are in my prayers. ((HUGS))

Karen
03-23-2003, 11:43 PM
I have thinking of you, Chinadoll, and you, too, Luckies4me, and will be keeping your loved ones in my prayers.

anna_66
03-24-2003, 07:34 AM
it made me think about all of you who have family or friends over there. They are all in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Logan
03-24-2003, 08:01 AM
I'm glad you let us know about your family members who are protecting our country. I make general prayers for all of them all the time, but it helps to be able to personalize it too. Chinadoll, I know you are worried, as well, and we have certainly been remembering you and Joey in our prayers since you told us he had been called up.

Yesterday, at church, they provided us a special list of all of our church members who are in the armed forces and fighting for our country. I thought it was good because we can keep that list handy and remember these men and women, by name, as we pray daily.

Logan

gini
03-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Chinadoll and Luckies4me...please know that you have my prayers for your family members who are in this war. It is such a difficult time for so many families around the globe.

sammi
03-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Sending out prayers and positive thoughts for your familys.

primabella
03-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Prayers on the way to both your families

Dakota's Mommy
03-26-2003, 10:53 AM
I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, it's very scary! In my opinion, even more so when you know somebody doing the fighting as I'm dealing with now, and then even more so when it's family (my husband), which it will be very soon. It's very scary!

micki76
03-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Christy - I've had you on my mind for several days wondering about your husband. I was a little unsure about asking if he was still here or in Iraq. Just know you're in my thoughts. :)