PDA

View Full Version : Belated Intro from Byakko's Mom-oops sorry!

Byakko's Mom
03-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone-I just realized that I never introduced myself.I am Laurie.I live in Annapolis Maryland.I am owned by Byakko, my Shiba Inu puppy who is 7 1/2 months old. I lost my heart dog Kori an akita in sept to a brain tumor.Just a week before she was 11.My daughter has a beautiful Leonberger puppy named Dakota Star. I love her so much.She has had some health problems we hope we are getting past but aren't sure.She is 7 month old.My daughter always wanted a Leo and we got her after my daughter lost her beloved great pyrenees BooBear to an unexpected seizure that they thought may have been due to a tumor but were never sure.He passed the day before he would have been six.He was a rescue dog and was a blood bank donor and very healthy until that day.My daughter also has a rescue pomeranian mix puppy that is about 9 months old named Teeny.My son has a rescue lab/cattle dog/? mix puppy.He is 6 1/2 months old.We got him at 7 weeks after he had been rescued from south carolina by a rescue and taken to a rescue in Pennsilvania and we came from Maryland and got him.He was a mess but he is now the star pupil in puppy class.My friend and I rescued a stafordshire who is so sweet at 4 1/2 years old but he will be moving with my friend as he is really his dog.You can see all my babies at:
www.geocities.com/plwolfpack1/kori-friends
You will also see my daughter has other animals.She now has 3 ferrets, a mouse named avalanche and a bearded dragon and we all have a fish tank.I don't have a digital camera and am pretty computer illiterate but hope to get friends to take some pics soon besides what is on this site another friend made.I also have an older son who lives with his family and my 20 month old grandaughter and their 6 cats and dog.My furbabies are my family too.It is so nice to meet all of you.
Laurie=Byakko's Mom

CamCamPup33
03-23-2003, 10:46 AM
hello.. my name is amber and i have a dog and a cat.. My puppy's name is cami and she is a corgi/eskimo mix. She's 4months old and i have a cat. Shes a calico cat and doing fine. Sorrry to hear about Boobear.. :( but its good that you are finding homes for all of the other rescue dog's!! Well good luck.. And don't worry about posting pics i have a didgitak camera but i dont no how to post pics so u r not missing out on anything :D Well talk to u later!

RubyMutt
03-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I loved your website! What a cute pack of dogs! I'm sorry about Kori and BooBear :( You obviously loved them very much :( I lost my baby, Muffy, a miniature schnauzer, to cancer almost 3 years ago when she was 13 :( I now have my sweetie, Ruby, a 2 year old basenji/australian cattle dog mix. I can't wait to see more photos of your beautiful dogs! :D

primabella
03-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Hello and welcome!

I have a sheltie pup named Mickey and two birds. I checked out your site and youor dogs are all so cute. :) Please check mine out when you can. :D

Byakko's Mom
03-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your condolences.I am sorry about Muffy.It is so hard to lose our babies. It is nice to start officially meeting everyone.
Laurie

Byakko's Mom
03-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Primabella I just went to your site.What a great site.I love how you picked Mickey.He stuck his little tong out.That is so sweet.The pics are great.That was such a wonderful site.Thans for sharing it with me.
Laurie

mugsy
03-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Laurie, I love your pack, I'm sorry you lost 2 furbabies recently...it's never easy. Your website is great!! I love that house on the homepage. Is that you and hubby on the roof?? lol

Welcome to Pet Talk, you'll love it. It's a lot of fun.

My husband and I have 20 rescue dogs. He's been working on a website, and if you would like to see their pictures, the addy is:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kendallscanines

Byakko's Mom
03-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Hi Mugsy,
I love your front page.It is great.You said you were working on the site.Have you gotten any further.I couldn't get in.Yup, hubby and I on the roof LOL. I didn't make the page.I don't know why she picked that background but it works.My hubby is long gone but it is definately for the best-long story and not about pets and I would never insult a dog by calling him one. ;)
Laurie

mugsy
03-23-2003, 12:31 PM
You should be able to go to enter and get into the pictures of the dogs.....hmmm....

lovemyshiba
03-23-2003, 01:08 PM
Hi Laurie!!
I know we've already chatted and swapped Shiba stories, but I wanted to give you my official Welcome To Pet Talk!!!!!

aly
03-23-2003, 01:25 PM
Hi Laurie! Welcome to Pet Talk!

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your furbabies. I hope you are able to seek comfort in all the other animals that are in your life.

I am Alyson and I am owned by a cat rescued from the street, two doggies from the shelter and a foster dog who I should probably be calling my own since she's been with me for 7 months now!

I can't wait to hear more about you and your big crew!

oodlesofpoodles
03-23-2003, 01:49 PM
welcome to pet talk, where you will be addicted. Its a great place.

iwuvsmypuppy
03-23-2003, 03:39 PM
aww that is so sad, i am sure your doggies are in the RB waiting for you.:( On the other hand, welcome to PT but i am warning you this place is addictive so be careful!!LoL

Byakko's Mom
03-23-2003, 03:48 PM
awww thank you everyone for your warm thoughts and welcome wishes.I do love pet talk.I am addicted.Of course I am addicted to a few boards so I am always trying to find a minute to run in and check my email and check a board my favorites are pet talk of course and greatpets and the two that come to my email for my specific dogs the shiba list and leonberger list.I am also training all these puppies of course not alone,my children help.My daughter is 19 but goes to college fulltime and works at a veterinarians part time and a day care for children almost full time and my son is 12 and goes to school.My other son is the one with his own family and doesn't live with me .He is 23 today.I am divorced so I do have the puppies alot during the day but the kids are great with them, so my day is quite full.I am dissabled so I am home and not at work so I have more time than many on the computer but my computer is very slow but right now I have a roomate with a fast computer and when he is out I jump on his and just love it :D

primabella
03-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Byakko's Mom
Primabella I just went to your site.What a great site.I love how you picked Mickey.He stuck his little tong out.That is so sweet.The pics are great.That was such a wonderful site.Thans for sharing it with me.
Laurie

Thanks and no problem :o

robinh
03-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi Laurie! Welcome to PetTalk. My name is Robin and I have (now) three babies (dachshund, mixed rescue and yorkie).

We lost my Peach (chesapeake) about 2 weeks ago. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your two beautiful babies. They are with my Peach running, jumping and if anything like Peach - eating at the Rainbow Bridge.

Went to the website - Wow you have such a beautiful crew! I wish I could have more but I do have two grand-puppies - so I can spread it around.

This place is terribly addictive - hope to hear a lot about you and your babies.