PDA

View Full Version : The Dog House

Karen
03-22-2003, 07:54 PM
We have created a new forum for any post that is in some way controversial, upsetting, or just makes us go eeeew! In it are threads about the war, debates and arguments about religion, patriotism and politics, and the recipe for "poop cake."

Those posts have been "sent to The Dog House." If you are easily upset, The Dog House is not a place you want to go.

We do not mean any offense to dogs in naming it "The Dog House."

Pet Talk is designed to be a friendly place for people who know how special pets really are. It's not a suitable place for discussing the nature of war, which religion is "the true religion," or truly controversial subjects.

Many of our members, however, are compelled to discuss these issues. We have created "The Dog House" so that our members may share their thoughts in a friendly, caring considerate manner.

Don't be offended if your post is moved into The Dog House. If you are upset by a particular post in another forum, and think it needs to be sent to The Dog House, you can Private Message or email me or Paul. We know every pet is special, and every member of Pet Talk is special, too. We are just trying to make Pet Talk the friendliest place we can for all our members.

sasvermont
03-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Thanks.

Jessica12345
03-22-2003, 08:25 PM
thanks! that really is a great idea. :)

All Creatures Great And Small
03-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Wow, thanks! This will really help when perusing the General board. Now if we could just get people to take the politics out of their signatures...........still getting some "in-your-face" messages that way :( .

We were all going through serious PT withdrawal!!!!!!! Glad it's back up, cleaned up, and raring to go!

Cookiebaker
03-22-2003, 08:29 PM
This a great idea!! Thank you for putting all the time and effort in keeping this place as peaceful as possible!! We do appreciate it!! :)

Pam
03-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Bella and Ripley were upset that it is called The Dog House. I told them The Cat House has worse connotations. ;)

joycenalex
03-22-2003, 08:34 PM
great idea!!!!, and thanks for not calling it the *ahem* the cat house:D

Karen
03-22-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Bella and Ripley were upset that it is called The Dog House. I told them The Cat House has worse connotations. ;)

Oh, like they don't sleep in the people house? ;) And think they're in charge of it? ;)

iceyshiver21
03-22-2003, 08:45 PM
This is a great Idea!! Thank you Karen and Paul for making this place so great!

KYS
03-22-2003, 08:45 PM
Ditto for me too, this was a great idea.

popcornbird
03-22-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks Karen!

iceyshiver21
03-22-2003, 08:57 PM
Ok!! I think I got the true meaning of the name! Is for the posts that you could get in trouble for so your(or you put them in) THE DOG HOUSE!! hehe! sorry its been a long day without pettalk!

Cataholic
03-22-2003, 09:11 PM
How totally COOL!! Now we are double warned...first, it is in General...which means it might not be 'pet friendly'....AND it has its own name, The Dog House...though, I do think it is a little disrespectful for the doggies...maybe we could call it "The Pound"...???

Karen
03-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
How totally COOL!! Now we are double warned...first, it is in General...which means it might not be 'pet friendly'....AND it has its own name, The Dog House...though, I do think it is a little disrespectful for the doggies...maybe we could call it "The Pound"...???

Nah - after all, lotsa great doggies come from the pound! And kitties, and lotsa bunnies, birdies and other critters.

It's "The Dog House" as in when your mom or dad used to say "Do that and you'll be in the dog house! :mad: " Besides, most dogs here live in teh people house anyway!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Great idea, Karen! Thanks again for making this place so wonderful!:) ;)

Miss Meow
03-22-2003, 10:20 PM
Excellent idea!

Some of the threads have turned into barking fits anyway, so 'the dog house' is an apt title :)

Now some people might stop deleting their threads if they go off topic or not the way they planned - my post count has been going downwards the last few days :rolleyes:

babolaypo65
03-22-2003, 10:52 PM
excellent! thanks!

Cincy'sMom
03-22-2003, 11:10 PM
Great idea Karen and Paul!!!

wolf_Q
03-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Don't really care for the name....but I think it's a great idea! :D

gkristian
03-22-2003, 11:59 PM
great idea

03-23-2003, 02:58 AM
Thanks!! SUPER idea!! This is one thread less then for me to check out every day :D ;) :D :cool:

Randi
03-23-2003, 05:00 AM
I didn't know the expression "being sent to the doghouse" if you'd been naughty, but you live and learn. ;) This is a brilliant idea! :)

Barbara
03-23-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by lut
Thanks!! SUPER idea!! This is one thread less then for me to check out every day :D ;) :D :cool:

I'm with Lut:cool:

ChrisH
03-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Excellent idea!:) Thanks Karen & Paul.

Chris

lynnestankard
03-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Great idea Karen and Paul - and the names so apt. Thanks for the work you've put in - it is appreciated.

Lynne

Byakko's Mom
03-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Thanks so very much.When I come to pet talk I want peaceful pet talk.Now if I want other talk I can go here with the people from pet talk.Thanks again so very much.
Laurie

aly
03-23-2003, 11:54 AM
Good job Karen and Paul :D :D

I don't take offense to the name because its just a figure of speech.

Corinna
03-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks it will save time as i check quickly in the AM . Glad the new computer is working great .

tatsxxx11
03-23-2003, 04:23 PM
As my British friend would say........"Brilliant!" Forewarned is forearmed! The faint of heart need not enter!!;) And thank you guys for all of your hard work at making this such a wonderful place to visit! Can't say you don't aim to please....everyone!:D
Great job!

Twisterdog
03-23-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm very glad to see this new board!!!

I'm certainly not offended by the name, and I do get the joke behind it ... but I think it is going to be confusing to new people. On several other pet boards that I post to "The Dog House" is the name of the board to talk about .... dogs. I think lots of people are going to be coming here wondering why we aren't talking about dogs in here.

How about "The Soapbox" ... as in "Uh-oh, look, Twisterdog is getting up on her soapbox again!"

Karen
03-23-2003, 07:02 PM
They're not all "soapbox" type posts, that's why! I doubt new folks will be confused, as they will see "Today's Dog," "Dog Health," "Dog General," "Dog Rescue," etc. up at the top of the forums list, and this is at the bottom, and the first post in it is the explanation of what it is.

lizbud
03-23-2003, 07:10 PM
I think Dog House and it's explanation on the thread are fine
just the way it is, but maybe stuff like "poop cake" need to
be in a Section called "Out House". :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
03-23-2003, 10:23 PM
I also think that this is a great idea since I don't like to get involved with controversial topics.

Fuzzy317
03-23-2003, 10:47 PM
I like this new forum, it will help keep the others cleaner.

The other bbs I frequent did the same thing. They simply called their new forum

Politics & Religion

Dakota's Mommy
03-26-2003, 11:42 AM
I think this is a great idea! I just hope that people respect that this is a place for contraversial topics so don't be offended or handle it in an adult manner if you are offended by others opinions. We are all entitled to our own opinions and this is the area to post those opinions.

iwuvsmypuppy
03-26-2003, 04:08 PM
that is a great idea!! thanx!:D

marysmerrycats
04-24-2003, 10:35 PM
thank you Karen and Paul....for making this section even though it is off the pet topic that you set pt up for in the first place.:)

lizbud
04-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Just read the last post ,

Is that what you call a "left handed compliment" ?:D :D :D

allanimalswelcome
05-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Great Idea

~Rachel

CattleDogMom
06-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Uh oh....

Did I open a can of worms???

Crystal

smokey the elder
06-15-2003, 03:13 PM
Boy am I clueless! I thought this was about...dogs! :rolleyes: But seriously, how about The Penalty Box?;) :D

sasvermont
07-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Quote: "Boy am I clueless! I thought this was about...dogs! But seriously, how about The Penalty Box?"

I think you may have your forums confused! Just kidding of course, and thought I would try to be funny!

Now that you know it's about possible hot and/or heated topics, can you live with the "Dog House" name?

L,
SAS

;) ;)

dukedogsmom
07-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Poop cake?? Now I've heard everything ;)

Lillycat
11-16-2003, 07:12 AM
just saw this one......dont get on here much anymore.....spending time in the study w/two of johannas cats while she is on "the cruise".....so thought i could keep them company until the hissy fits stop and i can re-introduce them back to my kids......while i view a little "pet talk". hi to everyone, i miss you all......HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!! p.s. oh, dont i get off the topic tho...smile...i do think this new forum..."dog house" a good idea/option for us.

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Im glad it isnt called the cat house...since I live in a place where cat houses are legitiamate business ventures!
Good idea though!

Tonya
12-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Im glad it isnt called the cat house...since I live in a place where cat houses are legitiamate business ventures!
Good idea though!

Lmao.

DJFyrewolf36
12-28-2003, 03:24 AM
THEY ARE! I live about 5 miles from one...they arent legal in all places in Nevada though, go figure.....some countys are no-zones, and some arent....
A little nevada trivia for you all :rolleyes:
as if anyone cares lolol

nibblets
05-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
THEY ARE! I live about 5 miles from one...they arent legal in all places in Nevada though, go figure.....some countys are no-zones, and some arent....
A little nevada trivia for you all :rolleyes:
as if anyone cares lolol

Not that I am pro prostitution or anything...but, just because it is not something I would choose for myself...I do see where it has a logical calling. Mostly with the aspect of health issues. It isn't going to go away- but with regular HIV and STD testing, and safe places for the women to work it is less likely disease will be spread as readily and less likely that the women will be killed or 'whatever' by crazed johns or pimps.
I've seen the program about the Moonlight Bunny Ranch out there...at least the girls get health care benefits and such. In all honesty, I can't see that regulating prostitution rather than making it completely illegal is such a bad thing.

DJFyrewolf36
05-12-2004, 11:43 AM
I agree with you Nibblets...The women at those places are actually treated very nicely and get paid very very very well. They are healthy *some places require proof of health from customers as well as screen the health of the women working there*. I wish they would just regulate it in Reno and Vegas *it is illigal in Vegas city limits and in all of Washoe county* because its sad to see the condion of the women who street walk in places that it's illigal.

05-13-2004, 07:32 PM
First things, first! Thanks Karen and Paul for all you do to make Pet Talk the great place it is for all of us animal lovers! It is a really good idea to have the dog house for those who like a good debate! ;) Much like aly and krazyaboutcatz, if I remember correctly, they are not into controversial topics, I am pretty much uncomfortable with strong, harsh differences in opinions, though we do have the freedom to express them. This will be a great place for me to come and check out what is going on and how people feels about those things, but mostly I will be just reading ! Good entertainment!:D
Oh yeah, Karen and Paul, the name is appropriate for this - I tell my husband all the time when he does something that makes me mad, "you're going to be in the dog house tonight!" It's just a phrase we use, and we all know that it is certainly no slur to our doggy friends!:)

MULTICATMOM
07-02-2004, 04:57 AM
I FEEL IT'S A BRILLIANT CONCEPT! HAVING COME TO JOIN A FRIENDLY COMMUNITY OF PET LOVERS, I LIKE WE HAVE AN *ALTERNATIVE* TO AIR CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT MATTER.
PS: I LOVE DOGS! PLS DON'T TELL MY 6 CATS...:cool:

doggylovr6
10-14-2004, 05:23 PM
totally cool!! thanks karen

cookieluver7
11-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks Karen, that is a great idea. i hope that my posts are never sent to the dog house but if they are, thanks for letting me know!

Josh4Colts
03-04-2005, 06:33 AM
good job Karen

Animal Lover12
05-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Wow! Thanks! I think that that is really good!

labrado_retriever123
10-06-2005, 09:20 PM
this board is AAAAAAAAARRRRRFFFFFFFSSSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMEEE

BOBS DAD
03-15-2006, 07:48 PM
I thought I was going to be novel and say what a great idea this is. It gives folks a place to sound off in an otherwise inapprpriate but somehow relevant manner. If mis-posted, "it goes to the Doghouse"!!! I like the idea and you and Paul are very smart to think of it. GOOD JOB - AGAIN!!!

Lori Jordan
03-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Its amazing how ones mind works Great Idea!

Cat Daddy
01-12-2010, 11:53 AM

CatsMeow
09-03-2010, 10:10 AM
This is a great Idea!! Thank you Karen and Paul for making this place so great!

Yes, thank you!