PDA

View Full Version : Wanna play FETCH??

wolf_Q
03-22-2003, 01:31 AM
Sometimes I'm convinced Nebo must really have some labrador deep inside him........because he certainly is a RETRIEVER! lol

He just *LOVES* to play fetch...he's constantly bringing me (and everyone else for that matter...) toys to throw for him. He's rather embarassing at times, as he'll just shove the toy and squeak it wherever he pleases...kind of freaks guests out when there's a dog madly squeaking a toy on their behind! :eek:

I think sometimes it's an attention thing. Like I'll be sitting there talking to someone and here comes this dog "Squeak, squeak squeak! Look at me!" lol :rolleyes:

He's better at "real" fetch outside.......I can toss a ball and he'll run after it and bring it back to me every time....actually, if I'm outside, he'll automatically go run and find a toy to bring to me! hehe.....

Anyone else have fetch-a-holic doggies??

cheetahgirl
03-22-2003, 03:39 AM
Cute! My bird fetches grapes! Its so cool! He's like a pup in a feathered coat! :p

ChrisH
03-22-2003, 07:55 AM
Bob doesn`t play that game, and he is a retriever breed......well.....he does absolutely love for me to hide and him to find stuff, or for me to throw and him to go fetch things, but he hates to give whatever it is up! This only started about a year ago, before that he was fine, odd dog!:D

Chris

allanimalswelcome
03-22-2003, 11:05 AM
My dog Patrick is but only when he's in a good mode;)

~Rachel

primabella
03-22-2003, 11:10 AM
When Mickey wants attention, he'll come up and tap his nose on my leg and bring me the ball. then we'll play. He'll only bring it back though if I say "Bring it back" or "Get the ball". He loves to fetch though :)

Cookiebaker
03-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Malone doesn't like to play fetch!! He will run after a ball/frisbee/kong OK, but then he gets very bored and lays down or looks around and sniffs. :rolleyes: Somedays, he's more into it than others, though.

micki76
03-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Millie doesn't get it. I throw the toy. She runs to where it lands. She runs back to me without the toy and then looks at me like "throw it again, throw it again!!!" Silly dog.
Chester on the other hand must be a Toy Retriever :D. He loves to fetch! When he was younger, he'd fetch for hours on end. Now he's good for 20-30 mins.

primabella
03-23-2003, 08:51 AM
*LOL*

At the beginning, Mickey would run after it and then just come back. Or, he would run, get it and then run to me, but then take this crazy curve. Like, I'll be in the hall and he'll run right to me and then take this quick turn to avoid me. Then he's got me chasing after him :rolleyes:

anna_66
03-24-2003, 06:28 AM
What is it with these dogs, they are sooo much alike! Guess it couldn't be they are the same breed could it:rolleyes:

wolf_Q
03-24-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
What is it with these dogs, they are sooo much alike! Guess it couldn't be they are the same breed could it:rolleyes:

Hehehe I don't know, I had heard that huskies were really bad at playing fetch! We just have *special* ones! lol ;)

robinh
03-24-2003, 09:06 AM
We had a chesapeake bay retriever who didn't retrieve and now we have a yorkshire terrier who does retrieve. Doesn't make sense to me but as long as their happy - I am!

Molly is rabid about it! She'll run after the stupid little squeeky toy until she drops. We have to put it away because she gets so tired. Goofy little dog!

ParNone
03-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Oz isn't to that level, but he retrieves pretty good for a Collie.
His favorite time to bring me something to throw is when I'm
taking a bath. But more than just chasing something down and
retrieving it, he loves for you to throw it where he can catch it in
the air, then he'll bring it back to you. So I think we're playing
"Catch", more so than "Fetch" in the true sense of the word.

Par...

lovemyshiba
03-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Kito used to love to fetch, but I don't know what happened. Abbey will fetch a tennis ball for 4 days straight, I swear--I'm thinking about buying an automatic tennis ball dispenser for the yard when we move--she loves it!!!
Kito acts like he is to good to fetch. He gets excited, runs to the ball, and then looks at me like "Oh, this thing, you really want me to bring it to you":rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
04-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Chewy used to always put his toys against my legs or something and Squeak them. It was soo cute! Although I have to agree the guest did not like it at all when Chewy would come up and Squeak his toys on there legs, LOL. He was such a cutie :D

Ash

Jessica12345
04-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Jewels LOVES fetch! she is obsessed!:eek: :p Tiki also loves it too! lol she steals jewelsys toys then i play fetch with her with them:p

GoldenRetrLuver
04-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Daisy is certainly a fetch-a-holic! Afterall, shes a golden retriever! She would play fetch all day if she could, but i get worn out to quickly!:D