PDA

View Full Version : Soft claws update and poll

jenluckenbach
03-21-2003, 06:21 PM
I e-mailed Soft Claws to ask them about the use of too much glue (I was worried) and this was their response:

Hi Jen, sometimes it is hard to see how much glue you are putting in. I
suggest you put three drops in. There should not be any harm in using to
much glue, less is better it keeps them on longer. You shouldn't worry.
Thank you Please contact us if you have any questions.
Soft Paws customer care
http://www.softpaws.com
One of Jim's has already fallen off. It might have been because of the wrong amount of glue or, and I think this is a better explaination, his claw might just have been ready to shed. Since they shed their claws at intervals, who is to say that this was not the time. SO......the next one I put on that toe should now last the entire time. (does that sound right?)
I am about to put in the order for the other cats and need help in choosing a color for Monte (my all white cat). ALL of the colors would look fabulous on him. I am torn between red, blue and purple, but will add clear to the list of choices (sorry, no pink for him).

neko1
03-21-2003, 06:26 PM
My favorite color is purple, so that'd be my choice. Either that or green (if they have that color?):)

wolflady
03-21-2003, 06:28 PM
I think Monte would look fabulous in blue soft paws caps, but of course, I'm biased....that's the color Marius wears! ;) :o :D

slick
03-21-2003, 06:29 PM
I vote for Red because "blue for boys" is too commonplace. Let's step out of the box and be different.

RockyRoad
03-21-2003, 06:30 PM
I vote for red. It's my favorite color, and that is the color Soft Paws we are getting for Sally. :)

Cataholic
03-21-2003, 07:22 PM
I voted for blue, my favorite color. It might be too 'in the box', but, I don't like the idea of red, and purple is too 'out of the box' for my taste...and clear, well, clear is clearly not right.:D

Nomilynn
03-21-2003, 08:44 PM
hmm.. Why not alternate between red AND blue!! Variety!!! hehe

my vet today said that she thinks the coloured ones are nicer than the clear - not as stiff and more pliable, therefore more comfortable for the kitty. Let me know what you think of them!

aly
03-21-2003, 10:29 PM
I voted for blue but I like Naomi's idea best! Alternating blue and red would be so pretty.. and patriotic!

03-22-2003, 06:13 AM
I voted for blue; it is my favorite colour!!

jenluckenbach
03-22-2003, 06:24 AM
Keep voting, because I will probably put the order in on Monday, but I think I am leaning toward red. I actually like blue better, but I want blue on Lucas and Rutherford and Biddy already has blue so I want a variety. This is how I think it will be (I think)
Amber=red
Ashley=clear...change to purple when they fall off
Biddy=blue
Calvin=no one is brave enought to put them on Calvin
Fern= she may not get any, she is timid and if I restain her too long she may get nervous
Jasper=purple
Jim=red
Kim=pink
Lucas=blue
Monte=red
Rutherford=blue
Sterling=purple
Willow=see Fern's explaination

So only 3 will not wear them.

Anakins mom
03-22-2003, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the info update...can't answer on the color...we are still trying to decide who is getting what color here!

So far we have decided:
Mystery will be getting Blue
Naomi will be getting purple
Asia will be getting pink
Ember and Indy the calico's may both be getting red.

I was going to do red on Indy and clear on Ember...but then my daughter Karissa pointed out that we may not notice if and when a clear one sloughs off...so she wants both the calicos to have red.

Anyone interested in a link to buy the clear caps in larger quantities - here you go:
PetEdge.com (http://www.petedge.com/)

Just put nail caps in the search box at the of the page. :)

ChrisH
03-22-2003, 07:36 AM
I voted blue, though I think the blue and red alternate would look even better!:)

Chris

catmandu
03-22-2003, 09:30 AM
I got a set from my vet to try out , and so far the cats think that they are the best toys that they have seen lately as Bj scattered them and the other cats chased them around the house! Sam ate 3 , but doesnt appear the worse for wear! Oi Ve!

NoahsMommy
03-22-2003, 09:48 PM
I voted blue....I think that would look great! :)

As far as them falling off quick, Basil has already lost two, due to his claw shedding.

jenluckenbach
03-23-2003, 05:43 AM
Jim has lost a second one too, but since I had the extras I just keep putting tham back on.

I may be deciding on new colors again. I was figuring out price for 10 cats :eek: :eek: $$$ But if I buy them in bulk I can get them cheaper, but I'd need to get a single color. I think I like blue on at least 6 cats, red on 3 or 4 (I may keep Kim in pink)

Here is another place to go and they offer all of the colors.

http://www.ryanspet.com/ryans/default.asp

and in their printed catalog there is even a discount for quantity (3 of the refill packs would drop from $33.95 to $30.55) and with 10 cats, I'd probably have a 5 month supply after my first order. (Or something like that)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Jen, have you ordered yet?

Just curious, and I guess I'm surprised no one else suggested this, but how 'bout red and blue, and you'll have a red, white and blue kitty. ;) :D

NoahsMommy
03-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Jen, have you ordered yet?

Just curious, and I guess I'm surprised no one else suggested this, but how 'bout red and blue, and you'll have a red, white and blue kitty. ;) :D
Like Marius!!!

Nomilynn
03-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Originally posted by Nomilynn
hmm.. Why not alternate between red AND blue!! Variety!!! hehe

I suggested that ;)

jenluckenbach
03-25-2003, 02:25 PM
I actually Love that idae but 1) you really can't see them all that well and 2) I am going to order in QUANTITY because I have a lot of cats, and I'll need to order a lot of one color.

wolflady
03-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Like Marius!!!

LOL LOL That's right! ;) :D

jenluckenbach
03-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Sweet Marius. :D
I pictured alternating red and blue.