PDA

View Full Version : Glad that's over...

primabella
03-21-2003, 06:09 PM
I belong to the Multicutlural Society at my school. (Long story about how I ended up in there) and every year we plan this huge celebration. Every Macrh 21st , we invite different people from different cultural backrounds to speak or perform. My friends decided to perform the Meringue and it was great. It's just that the whole thing takes so much time to plan and it really drains you out. I feel like I've done so much when I haven't. :p Don't ask why I'm telling you this, just thought I'd share. *sigh*

NoahsMommy
03-21-2003, 06:14 PM
That is so cool! Its nice to hear that your school takes the time to learn about and celebrate diversity...very cool! :)

primabella
03-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I never realized how diverse our school is. A guest school that came was all Jewish. Here we got a mix of everyone. It's good. I especially liked this guy who played these drums. He was really good. :)

mugsy
03-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Amazing how many different people are out there isn't it?

primabella
03-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Yep. :D It's good, I have to admit, my school is good for that. But that's about it :o

gkristian
03-22-2003, 01:03 AM
We have the same thing at my school.

lovemyshiba
03-22-2003, 08:56 AM
That sounds neat. My high school was in a little town, and everyone was the same religion, ethnic background, and shared a lot of the same views--not much diversity there:(
A lot of people were in for a real shock when they went to college.