PDA

View Full Version : How do they know?

boscibo
03-21-2003, 12:31 PM
I'm leaving later this afternoon for 2 weeks in Ireland, so I'll see you all here at Pet Talk in 2 weeks. I will have my laptop with, but I don't know how much Internet time I'll get.

Anyway, it is like my cats know I'm leaving - Hanna and Bo both insisted on sleeping on top of me last night - usually they sleep next to me. Hanna has been really clingy today, too. Do cats have a 6th sense about that? I have never gone away since I've had Hanna. How does she know?

NoahsMommy
03-21-2003, 12:38 PM
They DO know....I have no idea how...but they can tell. We are leaving tonight for a weekend in San Diego and all the cats were really clingy this morning too.

Have you packed yet? It gets worse. ;)

Have lots and lots of fun in Ireland! It sounds wonderful!! :)

slick
03-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Have a safe and happy trip. We'll miss you :(

lizbud
03-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Oh lucky you.:D You'll need two whole weeks to really
soak up the flavor of Ireland. Forget the internet thingy, but
please do take some pics to share with us when you get back.
Will you go nearby to Galway (west Ireland)? Hope you have
a fabulous trip.:)

Barbara
03-21-2003, 02:00 PM
we had a lot of mind-reading cats these weeks: Edwina, Filou and Tigris, Donna's cats and Fister.... they all know when we go travelling.
Have a nice trip:)

Catsnclay
03-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Not only do they know when you are leaving, but they also know when something is wrong or you are sick.

Last week when Lucky was sick, Fluffy (the oldest) slept with in bed with us all night long, and purred! Usually he comes & goes all night long, but he stayed the whole night, AND right by my side touching me. He is such a gentle old guy......

Have a wonderful trip......stay safe!

K & L
04-24-2003, 02:42 PM
How about when you return? One time when we returned for a week vacation, we were unloading the car and just piling the stuff in the living room until completed. My granddaughter's were over and started helping me unpack and one said "grandma something smells funny". WELL....one pee'd in our suitcase with everything still in it! Guess they showed us huh?:eek:

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-24-2003, 03:28 PM
I posted another thread yesterday - Ally has been acting strangely for the past two weeks - I went away on a business trip, and two days after I got back my hubby left on a trip, so Ally is being an impossible little madam at the moment!

When I was trying to pack she kept on lying down in the suotecase! SOOO sweet - so even when I arrived in Vienna, thousands of miles away from her, I still walked into every meeting trying to get cat hair off my clothes OLO:)

They definately know when we are going away. And when we get back, for about the next month my petsitter can't come into the house without Ally biting her! (Which makes me feel really bad, because Ally is so good with her when we are away, and after the trauma of the "abandonment" is forgotten Ally plays with the sitter like they are best friends!