PDA

View Full Version : Quess What I Got Today

oodlesofpoodles
03-21-2003, 11:40 AM
I know this should be in dog rescue, but started typing before i looked. About an hour ago at work I answered the phone. There was a lady in Alabama sd that she found a brown female standard poodle and she drove around her neighbor hood and no one claims the girlie. Soooooooo you know what I did. She is to be delivered to me at 1:30 . sooooo I need some suggestions on names. I thought about Mckayla and call her Kaylee. I dont know if i will Keep her or not but she is going to be at my house for now. We will have to see if the oodles gang and her will get a longl. So any name ideas will greatly be appreicated. :) :) :) :)

Pam
03-21-2003, 11:48 AM
OOh OOh! I can't wait for the pictures! I think having a look at this girl will help when selecting a name. I just know your gang will welcome her with open paws. Never knew a standard poodle who wasn't hospitable. ;) Please - pictures as soon as you can. Oh, how exciting!

RubyMutt
03-21-2003, 11:59 AM
How exciting :D Congrats on your new addition :) I'm not really good with names, but I'd love to see pics of the new pup :D

micki76
03-21-2003, 02:06 PM
I agree with Pam. Let's see some pics and then we can see what we come up with. I do like the one you thought of, though.
What a lucky girl!!!:D

lovemyshiba
03-21-2003, 02:20 PM
I can't wait to see pictures!!
I saw a beautiful white standard downtown today--no "show" grooming--just a ponytail on top of her head--she was so gorgeous--I saw her the other day too!!!

anna_66
03-21-2003, 02:55 PM
We want pictures:D :D

iwuvsmypuppy
03-21-2003, 06:40 PM
aww we need to see some pics to name her though>> hurry up with them im anxious!!!:rolleyes: :p :D

oodlesofpoodles
03-21-2003, 07:02 PM
welllllllllllllll, how do I want to put this, Some people :mad: :mad:
The girl showed up with the brown Standard poodle, but it wasnt, But thats ok. We are having her checked out. Bloodwork(the whole nine yards) Lets just say she is the first dog to be created. She has be aleast 16 or 17yrs old. Blind, Teeth,(oh thats a whole other problem.) Green yukky yukky. She is a poodle (miniture) she is brown with a lot alot of gray. Her nose is all crusty. she has terrible skin (hoping its just dirt.) I quess like that thread that has all the phone options press, well I think they just hung up and left this poor little thing to wander the streets. But HEY, THATS OKAY!!!! She has a home for how ever little time she has left. The best thing that I can say is that she does look like she has been groomed. I also wonder if the person that brought her to me, might just be the owner. :confused: :confused: Oh I am just so mad right now. How could any one just dump this little thing. She is so sweet> she gave me licks when I took her in my arms. But like I said Thats just fine and dandy with me because her last days will be true loved baby. I will bring her home tomorrow and will take pics and have them developed so that by the time pettalk is up and running again. I can post some. and of pearlie also.

iwuvsmypuppy
03-21-2003, 11:00 PM
OY MY GOODNESS!!! i just read you post and it hit me>> DANDY!
that can be her name, but that is so awful about what happened to her i am so mad,sad,and so0o happy she now has you and the other furkids to be with for the rest of her life. i know she will be happy too expectiong pics soon!!!:D

anna_66
03-22-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm glad your going to let her spend the rest of her days happy with you, your great:D
I'll never understand stupid people:mad:

lovemyshiba
03-22-2003, 08:48 AM
You are wonderful for filling the rest of her days with love--I'm sure she will love you just as much in return!!
I have nothing to say about these people--:mad:

oodlesofpoodles
03-22-2003, 09:06 PM
will be taking pics tomorrow I groomed her today. She got all her vaccines, hw-neg.:) fecal-neg:) Healthprofile with cbc perfect:)
teeth not loose just yukky, catarats both eyes:( age estimate 15yrs skin has black spots even after bath but very sweet.

micki76
03-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Yay for her!! You're a great person!! How wonderful of you to let her live out her time with you. You know, you never know how long that may be ;) I hope she's with you a long, long time :).

PS-can't wait for pics!

oodlesofpoodles
03-23-2003, 03:39 PM
Well I think I need to call her LOUD MOUTH she has barked none stop since I brought her home. Glad my only neighbors are deer raccoons and other critters or I would be in trouble. She did sleep from 1 to 5 this morningl. I put a cuddle baby in with her. Its a stuff toy that has a heart in it and you put this thingie in it and it warms up so did get 4hours sleep,. Her and pearlie get along very well, Haven't tested the waters with riley and gannie as they are so much bigger. Noel and Gannie are playing together well. So far I have just been calling her cutie pie.

captain
03-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Oh Oodles ....... you are a saviour!

She will have a fantastic home with you!! YOU are what she obviously deserves! :)

Horrible people who left her ......... I wish the fleas of 1000 camels infest their armpits :mad:

Karen
03-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Love, love, love! That's what she'll get now, at least when she's sleeping! Poor gal, no dog deserves to be half-neglected like that, maybe someone just didn't know better. But she's in a better place now - with you! Pictures once she's been to the vet and gotten checked out and cleaned up, please!

If she's that old, maybe try a few names and see what she responds to, as she musta had a name before being unceremoniously dumped!

primabella
03-23-2003, 07:16 PM
congrats! :)

delidog
03-24-2003, 03:55 AM
Oh Odlesof poodles!!!
You are so Wonderful to take Cutie Pie and show her the love she needs....
Congratulations,and Thank You!!!!!

Pics Please?!?!?!?!?

Captain....may your wish for the former owner that did this come true!!!!;)

iceyshiver21
03-24-2003, 06:29 AM
YaH!! WE demand PICS!!

Dakota's Mommy
03-25-2003, 09:06 AM
CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

oodlesofpoodles
03-25-2003, 12:34 PM
I took some pics last night of her and pearlie, will be taking more tonight then develope. Noel will be coming home tonight and will get pics of her with her new pink teddie. As for a name I have been calling her cutie pie she seems to look when i saw it. So cutie pie it is. She doesnt respond to anything else

oodlesofpoodles
03-25-2003, 12:37 PM
oh forgot. I put an add in the paper today. I have checked everyday since friday and no lost puppy also called all the vet clinic in alabama(phenix City that is) no one has reported her lost so if someone does call me and I dont like the way they sound will say not their dog. because if it was my dog I would have placed an add called all the vet clinics So I think I will be keeping her.

robinh
03-25-2003, 12:46 PM
If you are able to keep her, I can't imagine that she would find a better, more loving home than yours. You've done more for her in the last few days than it sounds like she's had done for a while.

Will look forward to seeing pictures of your Ms Cutie-Pie - lots of them.

:D

oodlesofpoodles
03-25-2003, 08:07 PM
She is so sweet. She kept barking last night, so I got her out of her crate and put her in the bed with me and pearlie, she laid down and not another bark. she is on the loveseat right now. Sleeping. I quess she is getting used to being here. I dont think she was cuddled much. she gets stiff when you pick her up. So little Cutie Pie is settling in. I do however feel bad if I were to tell someone that she wasnt their dog and kept her. I would be very upset if someone did that to me. But I would be looking for my dog. And so far doesnt appear that anyone is looking for her. thats sad. Rex the cat likes her. I quess because she doesnt chase him. Unlike Gannie and Riley.

anna_66
03-27-2003, 07:47 PM
How's CutiePie adjusting? Just thinking about her:)

Sudilar
03-27-2003, 08:18 PM
You are an angel for taking her!! Still waiting for the pics!!

delidog
03-27-2003, 08:19 PM
PICS?!?!?!?
Did someone say PICS?!?!?!??!;) :) :D

captain
03-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Yeehhhhhhhhhhh - where are the promised pics ....??:p

oodlesofpoodles
03-27-2003, 09:28 PM
I am getting the film developed tomorrow so will get the pics in the evening and will try to download them tomorrow. She is starting to fit in and still no one has claimed her. So I have a new puppy

delidog
03-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!!

New Puppy at Pet Talk!!!!!!
I hope she can Type;) )

Congratulations...and Thank You for saving this precious baby!!!!

Pics??????
Tomorrow???????

Oh Please....You know how impatient we are!!!!!;) :p :) :D