PDA

View Full Version : a little nervous about work

lovemyshiba
03-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Ok, I am a lot nervous about work tonight. Let me explain: I work in a restaurant, and have been working weeknights, and hostessing on weekends. Here, it takes a long time before you are "good enough" to work on Fri and Sat nights, because it is incredibly busy. The normal ones who work those nights have worked there for over 2 years, I just started in January. Anyway, someone is away this weekend, and the manager wanted to give me the chance to do it--I know I can handle it, but I'm just nervous. Part of me is nervous because there are 4 other girls who should have been bumped up before me, but I'm also nervous that I won't be able to handle it. I know I can, because I used to work in a very busy restaurant every weekend, but it's just different I suppose.
If I could just ask you all for a few good thoughts for me tonight, so I don't drop anything or make any major mistakes, I would appreciate the positive vibes!!!!!
Thank you all:)

Ann
03-21-2003, 09:12 AM
I'm sure you'll do just great! Best of luck to you :) Let us know how it went oki?

Stinkerbell
03-21-2003, 09:16 AM
hey good luck..I know the nervous stomach thing...but once you get in there you will be too busy to think of being nervous. My advice is to... SMILE.. SMILE...SMILE... :D that opens alot of doors young lady!!! And do not be afraid to ask for help. Good luck and let me know how is it goes!!! They will love you!!!

Logan
03-21-2003, 09:29 AM
Good luck! I'll bet you do a terrific job!!! :)

lynnestankard
03-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Good Luck from me too - I do hope it goes really well for you. As S'bell said 'Smile, Smile Smile' - if you get anything wrong simply apologise and explain it's your first Friday night.
Whenever I've been to the States I'm always blown away with the friendliness and attitude of waiting staff - always friendly AND polite - that must take some doing.
Course you can do it - let us know how you went on won't you?
Fingers and toes and paws crossed here for you!!

Lynne

Barbara
03-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

Whenever I've been to the States I'm always blown away with the friendliness and attitude of waiting staff - always friendly AND polite - that must take some doing.

Lynne

I can only agree to that -it's one of the things that makes travelling in the US such a pleasant experience.

I have seen your pictures and I am sure you will be doing great and everybody will be happy to meet you there:)

Chase's Mom
03-21-2003, 07:13 PM
:) :) :)
Good Luck

Cookiebaker
03-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Good luck & good vibes sent your way!! :) :)

KYS
03-21-2003, 09:31 PM
HEY! what are you worring about!!!
You will do just great. but just incase, I'll send a bit of good karma
your way. :D

aly
03-21-2003, 10:05 PM
I'm sending you all my good luck. I don't have very much :D but you can have it all!

Let us know how it went.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-21-2003, 10:23 PM
I wish you the best of luck!:) ;)

lovemyshiba
03-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks everyone!!!
I just got home, and boy am I tired--it was so busy--but you know what that means--more $$$ to buy doggie stuff!!!!
And, everything went very well:)

Logan
03-22-2003, 04:19 AM
Yeah!!! So tonight it will be even better!!!! :) Congratulations!!