PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

marysmerrycats
03-20-2003, 10:51 PM
:)

popcornbird
03-20-2003, 11:01 PM
When you post a new thread, scroll down, and you'll see a "poll" thing below the posting area. You can make a poll from there. :p I also feel bad Karen has to keep coming between it. Emotions are high at this time, and I think everyone's thinking is overwhelming them so much that they have to post. :eek: I mainly posted mine as a prayer for peace thread, but it looks like people want to talk about other stuff on it. :p

Karen, let me know if I should delete it. :)

marysmerrycats
03-20-2003, 11:13 PM
thanks popcornbird!

aly
03-20-2003, 11:25 PM
I AGREE!!!!!!!

We don't need to discuss religion or politics on a PET site!

Paul
03-20-2003, 11:28 PM
   I don't think a poll is a good idea. If you wish you should ask people to contact you directly in this thread.

Paul

Paul
03-20-2003, 11:45 PM
   I like your idea about not starting any new threads. I have read the comments of many of the Pet Talkers here. I do not want the arguments to go on. This thread has already started. If you, or anyone else, wants to invite others to chat this thread will work.

A poll adds several additional dimensions. I do not want people arguing about which side of the poll is winning.

Paul

03-21-2003, 04:58 AM
I agree : no politic nor religious topics anymore.

mugsy
03-21-2003, 05:38 AM
It really doesn't matter one way or the other with me, because I am still of the opinion that if you don't like a thread, don't open it, or if you open it and discover that it's not something you're interested in, then don't post and don't come back...problem solved. That way, if there is a debate and you aren't comfortable with debates then you don't have to get involved in them. Just a thought.

catlady1945
03-21-2003, 06:38 AM
Nobody is going to convert anybody - so best to not talk about controversial subjects on this site.

mugsy
03-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Unfortunately the deleted threads or posts are done so because the person doing the posting has crossed the line of decency. What we have to realize is that this is Karen and Paul's board and they ultimately have the say of what is posted and what is not. And if they were deleted they were probably mean and hurtful to someone else or it had just gotten out of hand. I am not going to pass any judgements until I've walked in the shoes....I love Pet Talk, but, I don't think I would like being responsible for keeping everyone happy all the time...that has to be tiring!! :)

RICHARD
03-21-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by lut
I agree : no politic nor religious topics anymore.

I VOTE FOR SEX!!!!!! LOL!;)

mugsy
03-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Leave it to a man! lol

anna_66
03-21-2003, 02:36 PM
No Kidding!!:rolleyes::D

Karen
03-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Now, now, Richard, you KNOW better. This is a family-friendly site, and we intend to keep it that way!

popcornbird
03-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Now I really think RICHARD is Puffin. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Now, now, Richard, you KNOW better. This is a family-friendly site, and we intend to keep it that way!

i meant SOX.....like baseball.....White Sox, ya know???

lol

:D

Karen
03-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Or the Red Sox, our perenially heartbreakering home team?

RICHARD
03-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Or the Red Sox, our perenially heartbreakering home team?

i was trying to stay out of THAT area...i know this won't make you feel better, but bill buckner was a dodger for a while!:rolleyes:

mugsy
03-21-2003, 06:52 PM
I can go along with my beloved White Sox!!!

Kfamr
03-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Chill out! :eek:

mugsy
03-21-2003, 09:02 PM
1. I wasn't referring to you, and don't have a clue what it is that you're referring to.

2. Who is "P?"

3. I'm sorry if you thought that I was talking about you.

gini
03-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Good Grief! Is it ever a good thing that Pet Talk will be down for a day!

I think all of us are a little on edge.......lots going on in the world and we are right in the middle of it.

RogueFerret
03-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Yikes! Hostile!:eek:

I personally respect other peoples fellings and beliefs enough to agree to disagree. If someone has a different spin on something, well that's just their thing and I drop it. Unfortunantly, some people are not like that. When they see someone post something that they feel is wrong, they post and post and drive the subject compleatly in to the ground and gets everyone upset.

And then there are the peole who are extra sensitive and are easily offended to critisizim and feel as if they are being attacked, so they get defensive and then everyone's bickering back and forth.

So since this is a pet website (and a family one at that) I think we should stay away from the more contoversal subjects and stick to the freindly chatter that makes PT a good place to be.

Not only that, but why fight here? I get on here to relax and try to forget about all this stuff going on for a little while. It's my moment of zen, so to say. So I just don't see the point.:confused:

Kfamr
03-22-2003, 12:11 AM
I let you know, you just told the owner of this site to go to ****. Nice.