PDA

View Full Version : yay! got a cockatiel!!!

lute
03-20-2003, 01:31 PM
yay! i am soo exited i got a cockatiel last nite from a lady that could nolonger care for her. she is a lutino tiel. i got the cage any everything for free!! i asked her why it was free she said she has an illness and cannot keep her anylonger. she is sitting on my shoulder right now. her name is lucy. she is 15 years old. she talks very clearly. she isn't quite comfortable yet, but is very loving. well thats all for right now,bye

>lute<

Logan
03-20-2003, 01:34 PM
You will enjoy Lucy immensely!!!! :) I love my two, dearly!!! :)

popcornbird
03-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Congrats! WOW! 15! I hope this tiel will bring you many years of joy! Tiels are wonderful pets, and I sure can't imagine life without mine! Are you sure its a girl though? Males are the ones that usually talk a lot. :)

lute
03-20-2003, 08:12 PM
yes she is a he but we dont tell "her" ;)
i love her already! i cannot wait till she is compleatly used to us. she hates my 4 year old brother! lol.
thanks.
:D

tikeyas_mom
03-20-2003, 08:25 PM
that is what I thought also lol :p .. Cockatiels are very good natured most of the time. EXNA mine. lol.. Good luck cant wait to see pics :) my cockatiel and budgy are in my sig.. :)

Jessica12345
03-20-2003, 08:45 PM
oo! ANOTHEr birdie on PT! congrats lute! Welcome Lucy!:D I hope she brings many years of joy to you!;)

zanzanfergie
03-21-2003, 12:20 AM
Congratulations!! That's so exciting. And so generous of you to let this bird have a new chance in a loving home. Imagine losing your best friend of fifteen years knowing she might never find a good home :(
Post pics soon, I love lutinos! Welcome Lucy!!! :D :D

lute
03-21-2003, 08:35 AM
i plan to post pics today or tomarrow. thanks. my parents are making a special trip out to the store to get a table to put her cage on. i have her in my room,but they like her so much they want her in the livingroom.lol

Lucy apsolutly LOVES my dad. i don't know why,but she whistles at him and flies to his shoulder. it is so funny. but my parents like her.

thanxs for the welocom!