PDA

View Full Version : On A Lighter Note...

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:13 AM
I'm back from CT and have pictures :D

I talked to my daughter Amy last night and she said that Callie, my grandkitty who hates me, is back to normal. That only proves that she hates me :(

Here's a picture of the cat formerly known as Tucker. He's a Korat that I rescued from death row. He's about 3 years old. My friend Mike and his wife Carolyn adopted him after it was determined that he needed to be an only cat. I was sad to see him go but after having dinner at their house and visiting with Otto, it's nice to see how happy he is.

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Here's me and Tucker.

lovemyshiba
03-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Glad to hear you are back safely, and I love the pictures. Both kitties are so cute!!!!

All Creatures Great And Small
03-20-2003, 09:22 AM
Awwwww - how could your grandkitty not like you? I know the feeling - I have 2 grandratties that shrink in fear whenever I go near the cage, despite the fact that the other ones love me and know I have nothing but love and treats for everybody. They've been with us for a couple years now and should know better. My mom's cats, too, are terrified of me, and I've been visiting them for like 8 years now. I doubt that your grandkitty "hates" you; she's just not familiar with you. :)

The kitty I have now used to belong to my mother-in-law, and when he was her kitty, he didn't like me at all. He would maybe pop his head out to stare at me when I was over at her house, but mostly would hide downstairs and/or run when I tried to pet him. Now, 4 years later as I'm typing this, he is laying in a tortellini curl on my lap, purring away. I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of time spent around the kitties. I worked for a long time to gain my kitty's trust and affection - it took at least a year until he would actually come up on my lap, but what a reward! :D

Ann
03-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Welcome back :) I am too sure that your grandkitty doesn't hate, don't beat yourself up over it *hugs*

Oh, and I loved the pics! Both cats are so cute :)

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:30 AM
Mike, Carolyn and me.

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Here is my daughter Amy, trying on gowns, 40 pounds lighter! I am SOOOOO proud of her!

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Here's my grandkitty Callie, begging for mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Ann
03-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Great pics :)

And you should be proud of your daughter, I know first-hand how hard it is to loose weight. She looks absolutely stunning in that dress :)

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:34 AM
Here's Callie. She may LOOK innocent. But watch out :eek:

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:38 AM
Thanks Ann. She has come SO far since she was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor at the age of 16. If you notice her hair in the other picture (ice cream) her hair didn't grow back all the way because of the chemotherapy. But that hasn't stopped her! She's a very strong person and I believe that my mom, who died at the age of 44 of lung cancer, was her guardian angel. Amy definitely has my mom's will.

Edwina's Secretary
03-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Edwina hisses at my mother. It is very embarrassing. I think it is because if my mother is visiting...so is her dog. Nonetheless my mother INSISTS I have a mean cat....:( :(

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Here's a picture of me doing what I do best (clipping Tucker's nails).

BTW, I think THAT'S why Callie doesn't like me. The only time I'd see her is when her nails needed cutting. To Callie, I am the Edward Scissorhands of grannies :D.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-20-2003, 10:34 AM
I'm glad you made it back, and I'm glad you had a good time. The pictures look wonderful, and even if you couldn't cuddle with your grandkitty, at least you got some cuddles in with other kitties. :) Your daughter looks wonderful! And might I ask..what is the occassion that she's trying on gowns?

And did your crew welcome you back or did they pout for a few days before realizing that they really missed you? ;) :)

All Creatures Great And Small
03-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
To Callie, I am the Edward Scissorhands of grannies :D. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gif

moosmom
03-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Tubby & Peanut's Mother,

There was no special occasion. We were bored so we figured we'd let the girls try on gowns. Amy DOES look great, huh?

My cats gave me the silent treatment when I got back. It was a short stint though, because they were hungry which meant I had to go out and buy canned food.

I paid a visit to my friend, who is the ACO of the Berlin Pound in CT. I had all sorts of kitties to schmooze with, including a 2 week old kitten that had to be fed every 2 hours. It was wonderful!

Edwina's Secretary,

Edwina mean :eek: :confused: Not her ;).

anna_66
03-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for the pictures, they are just great:D