PDA

View Full Version : Sick of being muzzled

COCatMama
03-20-2003, 08:52 AM
This thread will be deleted too, I'm sure. I'm leaving again, I refuse to stay in a place where only one point of view is permitted. Does anyone actually realize there is 10,000 litres of Anthrax in Iraq? TEN THOUSAND. That's enough ANTHRAX to wipe out...I don't even want to think about it.
Anyway, I'm gone. I hope Sadam is removed quickly.

moosmom
03-20-2003, 08:53 AM
Lalania,

Did I miss something? Why are you letting it get to you? This is a great site with great people. PM Karen and let her know how you feel. Just because someone pisses you off with their beliefs doesn't mean it's the opinion of everyone here. Just MHO.

COCatMama
03-20-2003, 08:57 AM
what's the point of msging her? she's the one that keeps 'muzzling' me. Recently a PT user called me aaaaaallllll sorts of nasty things and before I totally lost it and let her know what I think of her, I left. No action was taken against that user to my knowledge. I am pro-war, and that opinion is not 'popular' so I am muzzled for saying that. I would rather Saddam is removed than to get ANTHRAX, wouldn't you? Anyway, I'm off.

wolf_Q
03-20-2003, 09:00 AM
I read your other post that was deleted, but I don't quite remember what it said. Maybe it was the way it was worded?

I do not think it is true that only one point of view is permitted here. It's just the WAY you make your opinion known. And no offense, but you don't seem too open to others opinions either.

COCatMama
03-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Oh, I've heard it all believe me. I wish people would like, actually think of what would happen if Saddam was not removed. There would be no peace, only more acts of evil by deranged people.

wolf_Q
03-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Lalania, why don't you think of what this board is all about...PETS. Not war, not religion, not any other topic in that nature.

Yes, those posts happen....and if other's opinions anger you so much, why do you read their posts? You can argue and argue whether we should have war or peace, but you are not going to change anyone's mind, nor are you going to stop what is happening.

If you don't want to be angered about how people feel about war on this board, go to another board to talk about war. Maybe if you'd post about PETS more, you'd realize what a great place this is.

p.s. Ann is obviously AGAINST war, and you are obviously FOR it, yet you are both being "muzzled" for your opinions. Maybe it's the way you choose to make your beliefs known. I don't see how you can make the claim that there is only one belief on this board.

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Oh well. That's your choice. And...your loss.

lovemyshiba
03-20-2003, 09:12 AM
I don't think we need a whole bunch of threads reminding us of the state of the world right now. That's why we have our televisions, radios, newspapers, and internet. I know I'm not the only one who comes to Pet Talk for fun and conversation, and I know we do all have differing opinions. I don't think anyone is trying to "muzzle" you, but I am sure that there are plenty of other message boards that would love to engage in disagreements and have tempers flare over the war right now. I don't think it is needed here. I also agree that it's not necessarily what you say, but it doesn't seem that you are willing to see anyone else's opionion about anything.
I will miss seeing pictures of Juneau, but you have to do what you have to do.

Ann
03-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Lalania
I am pro-war, and that opinion is not 'popular' so I am muzzled for saying that.

If that's true, how come she asked me to change my signature (which was anti-war)? Doesn't quite add up there. Maybe she doesn't care what standpoint you have; she just wants to keep it off this forum no matter what and stick to pets. Did you ever consider that?

sasvermont
03-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Lalania,

I learned a long time ago, that you waste time and energy performing in front of the wrong audience. This forum (Pet Talk) is multi-opinioned for sure and we do have our moments. I just don't think this is the right forum for discussing Wars, religions and politics. Too many people come here for comfort, companionship, relaxation, entertainment of a calming nature, reassurance - I could go on. I know we all have options when it comes to looking at threads - and putting people on ignore lists - endless options including not coming here at all. There is one more option and that is to GO TO A FORUM ABOUT WARS, RELIGION, POLITICS etc. and chat about it there. Why here? It is called Pet Talk.

Please do not think I am suggesting you are wrong by posting - just mistaken. This is Pet Talk.

Sallyanne

Logan
03-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Doesn't appear to me this morning that anyone is being muzzled. :confused: I gladly go on record that I'm not "for" any political discussion on this website, so I try and stay out of it, completely, and just enjoy the reason most of us are here, our pets! It still amazes me that people continue to start up anything in this General section that is controversial because it ALWAYS gets out of hand. Surely there are chat rooms and other boards that were created for the political and religious discussions and arguments. I certainly don't think that was the reason for Pet Talk. Karen has certainly made that clear, over and over.

Maybe everyone will eventually learn that we like each and every member of this board, and we want to share in the joy of their pets, things that worry them about life and health issues, and their happy moments too, not all of which are pet related. That's the way I feel, anyway. Profanity and name calling aren't something that I choose to engage in and I certainly don't expose my child to it. There are children, the age of mine, on this board and I hate to think that they are being exposed to adults who can't control their emotions. If for no other reason, couldn't we just stop this for them?? Please?? I was sharing something with my husband, politically related, from this site, last week, and his comment was that it was a sad day when a Pet Lover's site turns political. I totally agreed with him.

Karen
03-20-2003, 09:37 AM
I deleted a post of Lalaina's that was harshly worded and inappropriate in the thread it was in. I told her, in part,

I deleted your post because it seemed unnecessarily harsh. The world IS a scary place, yes, but we don't need to bring the battle to Pet Talk, okay?

THAT is my point. We do not need to fight this war in Pet Talk. This should be a place of peace and refuge, not a place to pick fights.

Randi
03-20-2003, 09:42 AM
You said it SO well Sas - and Logan too! :)

.... and Karen!

We do not need to fight this war in PT!

moosmom
03-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Karen,

THAT is my point. We do not need to fight this war in Pet Talk. This should be a place of peace and refuge, not a place to pick fights.

Very well put. I'm glad you stepped in.

All Creatures Great And Small
03-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Ann
Maybe she doesn't care what standpoint you have; she just wants to keep it off this forum no matter what and stick to pets. Did you ever consider that?

Did YOU ever consider that, Ann?

All Creatures Great And Small
03-20-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm leaving again, ..........
Anyway, I'm gone. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif

sasvermont
03-20-2003, 11:53 AM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif

Former User
03-20-2003, 01:03 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kfamr
03-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Lalanie if you feel you have to go, then do so. I will miss you. I accept your opinion on the matter. I just can't wait til this is all over with.

Originally posted by Ann

If that's true, how come she asked me to change my signature (which was anti-war)? Doesn't quite add up there. Maybe she doesn't care what standpoint you have; she just wants to keep it off this forum no matter what and stick to pets. Did you ever consider that?

There was nothing wrong with your sig being anti-war except for the fact that our presiden't head was cut open. It just wanted needed on a pet board.

catlady1945
03-20-2003, 02:30 PM
I know this is the General part of the site. But the topic of war is very volatile and perhaps this is not the site for it. I am sure there are other places to post your point of view.

Soledad
03-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Why don't people just LEAVE if they want to leave. Rather than posting about it to get some sort of rage going all over again??

03-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Randi
You said it SO well Sas - and Logan too! :)

.... and Karen!

nothing more to be added!

"LEVE PETTALK EN LEVE ONZE DIEREN!!!"
(=Long live Pt and long live our pets!!)

iceyshiver21
03-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by lut

"LEVE PETTALK EN LEVE ONZE DIEREN!!!"
(=Long live Pt and long live our pets!!)

Well said..

aly
03-20-2003, 04:03 PM
In order for Pet Talk to remain a kind place, we all need to learn that there are times we have to "muzzle" ourselves. There have been times on here that I've felt like losing my temper. The best thing to do at that point is step away from the computer and come back with a clear head.

I know we're slowly losing long-time members as more and more controversy comes to this board. Lets try to keep these members here! How can we expect the world to be peaceful if we can't even maintain peace?

I'm definately not happy about the war and would love for this place to be somewhere I can get away from Breaking News :(

moosmom
03-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Soledad,

Why don't people just LEAVE if they want to leave. Rather than posting about it to get some sort of rage going all over again??

I couldn't have said it better.

COCatMama
03-20-2003, 09:47 PM
oh man, that from SOLEDAD>?!>! ppppppft whateva, I came back to check a PM I got from a supporter. there are 129329239 religion and anti war threads that are never touched by Karen. and I am gone FOR GOOD!
mugsy etc you can locate me at [email protected], adios!

Soledad
03-20-2003, 09:51 PM
I've never posted a thread about leaving. I've posted an apology, though.

wolfsoul
03-21-2003, 12:12 AM
That's too bad :( I will miss seeing pictures of Juneau...He reminds me so much of Timber...:(

My opinion on the war is confusing, as I am against it for certain reasons and for it for certain reasons...personally,it doesn't matter what my opinion is, because nothing I can say can change what is happening in the world around us :( I just want peace, but I'm not sure if fighting is the way to bring it :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/p6b7e918037c56e2d18c1c986a21cebba/fc78f05a.jpg

shais_mom
03-21-2003, 12:22 AM
You know what they say
Don't let the door hit ya........

It's called D-R-A-M-A. and I quote!
">?!>! ppppppft whateva,"

Ann
03-21-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
Did YOU ever consider that, Ann?

Obviously I have, how else could I have posted that thought? But seriously, I don't go around making threads whining how I'm being censored. There's quite a big difference there.

Originally posted by Kfamr
There was nothing wrong with your sig being anti-war except for the fact that our presiden't head was cut open. It just wanted needed on a pet board.

Are you serious? I could understand where you're coming from if his head was cut open for real (with blood and gore), but it was just a clean joke picture! Yikes...

there are 129329239 religion and anti war threads that are never touched by Karen. and I am gone FOR GOOD!

I still don't understand what you are whining about... Your thread hasn't been closed! This thread is still open even though it's a lot ruder than my thread (which was closed). If you want to discuss censorship and deal with your anger, then please do so maturely. Saying you are leaving has absolutely no impact when you keep coming back hours later to post replies.

gini
03-21-2003, 10:43 AM
ENOUGH!

Pam
03-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by gini
ENOUGH!

Agreed! Ann it is about R-E-S-P-E-C-T!! If you don't have it for our President or our country, at least have it for the people who are fellow Pet Talkers who happen to love our nation and respect our President.

ellensy
03-21-2003, 11:12 AM
*clap clap* attn everyone..... back to PETS please.... that's why this place is called PETTalk :D

Kfamr
03-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Are you serious? I could understand where you're coming from if his head was cut open for real (with blood and gore), but it was just a clean joke picture! Yikes...

Yes I am serious. It may have been a joke to you but it wasn't to many of us.

moosmom
03-21-2003, 11:58 AM
If you want to discuss censorship and deal with your anger, then please do so maturely. Saying you are leaving has absolutely no impact when you keep coming back hours later to post replies.

Need ANYONE say more???

catlady1945
03-21-2003, 12:11 PM
See - How to stop the war from upsetting pettalk members - please.

mugsy
03-21-2003, 02:19 PM
1. If Lalania chooses to leave then it's her decision and if she wants to post why, then let her, by continuing to post, all it serves to do is to continue the argument.

2. Ann, your anti-war, anti-American attitude is what most people here are objecting to. I'm certain that if we posted pictures and made comments like some that you have made about our country, about Sweden and it's leadership, your dander would go up too.

3. Again, I say, if people don't want to read about the war, then don't open the thread, I just don't get why that has to be a problem.

4. Aly, I agree with your statement to a point, but I have talked to a few "former" PTers and controversy is NOT why they left.

5. I don't want to offend anyone...just my opinion, for the little it's worth.

micki76
03-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Anybody got any cute PET stories to post? I do. I went home for lunch and found Millie, in my bed, COVERED with mud. :mad: Seems someone (my husband) left the hose dripping all night after washing the patio off yesterday. We have a huge mudhole and two very dirty, very brown dogs. Not to mention the muddy prints ALL OVER the house. *sigh*. Of course I didn't have time to clean it up on my lunch hour and I had to lock the dogs outside, which will guarantee that my flowers I just planted will be dug up! Terriers!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Ann
03-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Agreed! Ann it is about R-E-S-P-E-C-T!! If you don't have it for our President or our country, at least have it for the people who are fellow Pet Talkers who happen to love our nation and respect our President.

Atleast I show enough respect not to send PMs to people telling them how "nasty" they are. Catch my drift?

Originally posted by Kfamr
Yes I am serious. It may have been a joke to you but it wasn't to many of us.

I see... Well, I have gotten quite a few people telling me they did find it funny. Of course they don't outweight the number of people who share your sentiment, but still.

Originally posted by mugsy
I'm certain that if we posted pictures and made comments like some that you have made about our country, about Sweden and it's leadership, your dander would go up too.

Why do you keep thinking that? I've told you many times that I am honestly and truly not happy with the Swedish system or government. I've even posted threads in the past whining about it (like the one about the Swedish politician who wanted to outlaw public begging). Trust me, if you were to post a pic ridiculing Göran Persson I would just laugh and agree!

aly
03-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Anybody got any cute PET stories to post? I do. I went home for lunch and found Millie, in my bed, COVERED with mud. :mad: Seems someone (my husband) left the hose dripping all night after washing the patio off yesterday. We have a huge mudhole and two very dirty, very brown dogs. Not to mention the muddy prints ALL OVER the house. *sigh*. Of course I didn't have time to clean it up on my lunch hour and I had to lock the dogs outside, which will guarantee that my flowers I just planted will be dug up! Terriers!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Oh my, you're going to have FUN tonight!

Karen
03-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Lets let this thread rest, and we'll want another thread with muddy terrier reports! The first day of spring means ... mud season!

Kfamr
03-22-2003, 12:50 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p9c13fce7cf5c20df512e68ca20b8dafd/fdcc9485.jpg

mugsy
03-22-2003, 06:00 AM
That is a great picture KayAnn!

moosmom
03-22-2003, 06:53 AM
KayAnn,

That picture made my morning. LOL! Thanks for making me start my day with a good belly laugh. :D

Logan
03-22-2003, 07:15 AM
KayAnn, you did a terrific job on Molly's "poster"! I love it!!! :D

lovemyshiba
03-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Oooh--Simba--how funny!!! Good for a laugh this morning!!!
And Micki--sounds like you will have your hands full--I do not envy you at all, but you know the dogs just love the mud!!

oodlesofpoodles
03-22-2003, 10:37 PM
I am pretty new here to pet talk and have enjoyed it. seeing all the pictures of all your poopers, tweeties, meowers, and micers, war seems to make some people react in a way they normally would not. I sure no one at pet talk wants war. I know I don't. You see I grew up in era that as a small child we would be out playing and see the GREEN CAR pull into a friends drive way. The GREEN CAR always delivered bad news. One day the GREEN CAR pulled into my drive way. The news was my father was MIA (missing in action) The war was Viet Nam, but I was one of the lucky ones, my father was found in a hospital 6mths later. His dog tags were either blown off or pulled off, he had no memory of who he was. half of his botton jaw was gone. But he came home, to a country that he went to serve and protect, only to have someone come up to him at the airport while we were there to greet him and welcome him to spit in his face in front of his wife and children. My father is to this day my hero, my protector, and the love of my life. I by no means am for war, But with all my heart I support my presidents decision and support the soldiers and pray that they each and everyone come home safe to also a country that will respect and honor them. So instead of arguring over this, lets pray for everyones loved ones, all the mothers, fathers bothers sisters aunts uncles sons, and daughters all return home safe and sound. And start back about pets !!!

Today at work we had the cutest little jr terrier come in. I think the girl thought i was going to steal him. I could have he was so cute.