PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog jealous?

wolf_Q
03-20-2003, 02:05 AM
Nebo is definitely a jealous little brat.....I am HIS mommy, and no, I may NOT pet other dogs. :rolleyes: I was petting the neighbors puppy through the fence today, and he would have nothing of it. Pawing at my arm, licking me in the face, pushing his body between me and the fence.......what a dork. Whenever I pet Reggie or Smokey he always over and shoves himself in front of them too. He's never *mean* just pushy. Anybody else have a jealous dog?

He also seems a bit protective now too.....I don't know if that's a good thing....my mom was just kidding me and hitting me and Nebo jumped up on her and tried to push her away. He wasn't vicious or anything, he just wasn't happy about it. He did the same thing to my brother too. :o

oodlesofpoodles
03-20-2003, 06:54 AM
All Three of my are jealous. I am petting one the other two come bounding for attention.

Pam
03-20-2003, 07:01 AM
Often when I am hugging Bella Ripley will wriggle himself in between us. She doesn't seem to mind because maybe she realizes he has been missing out on some loving in his life. In fact I can almost see her rolling her eyes! :D She has no problem with me giving him hugs though.

lovemyshiba
03-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Kito and Abbey are both jealous doggies. If Kito is laying by me, and I'm petting him, Abbey comes over and shoves her big head in, but she won't sit still and let me pet her. And Kito, well, if I am with Abbey, he will bark at me, push her out of the way, and wriggle his way in. If someone comes to visit, like my parents, you should see the 2 of them run to be the first to the door to greet them--same for when I come home--Kito runs full speed to be the first one to greet me when I come home from work, while Abbey is usually content to lick my pants and shoes!!!!

KYS
03-20-2003, 08:33 AM
All my dogs our jealous, but Rocky seems more secure
and is willing to share me/Mike with the other dogs.
(accept he likes to push Sheba out of the way,
but will let Pepper get away with murder)
Pepper/Sheba are extremely jeoulous of each-other.

It's real funny to watch them interact, but I try to put
my foot down, because I know I should not
let them dictate which dog I should pet. lol :rolleyes:

K9karen
03-20-2003, 09:29 AM
Yep, Cody's protective too. I told my brother to give me a hard Hi 5 so I can yell Ouch and Cody almost jumped on him, teeth bared, which just SHOCKED us, and then he nuzzled me. I can't pet another dog either, hug anyone (pushes away or comes between us and whines) and though surprisingly, he immediately liked my boyfriend, Cody will make sure he's positioned himself next to me, against me at all times. John says he knows what rung he is on the ladder of love!! :D

ParNone
03-20-2003, 10:01 AM
I’m not sure if it’s really jealousy or a sign of dominance, but Oz gets awfully pushy when I’m petting Murph. It’s not as noticeable with Maddie, because it’s pretty well established that Maddie rules the roost, but I think he and Murph are still jockeying for pack position, as Oz gets older. So whereas if I’m petting Maddie, Oz will cautiously approach to get petted too, always at the ready to scram if Maddie even looks like she’s gonna move towards him, with Murph he gets right between us and then repeatedly shoves his nose at Murph and mouths him.

I give Oz an “UntUh” and then get him to “Sit” and then pet both at the same time. Not sure if that’s the right thing to do, but it seems to help. He’s not as obnoxious with nosing and mouthing Murph as he was.

Par…

K9karen
03-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Geeez...I hate the fact that that might be a domination factor, seeing as I worked so hard on the big galoot ..and that I'm still screwing up....in my heart I think of it as total love and devotion and protection to the death ...oh I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the dog!! LOL :D :D

Andie
03-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Oh Lord Yes! If I am showing any attention to anything other that him, Bull will be right there. He'll usually lick on Katie til she moves and he can get to me. If I'm on the couch then he has to be right there (especially if I'm holding a cat) laying on my lap. I'm HIS MOMMA don't anyone else try to get attention.;) :D

micki76
03-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
If Kito is laying by me, and I'm petting him, Abbey comes over and shoves her big head in, but she won't sit still and let me pet her.

Millie does the same thing! :rolleyes: If Chester is in my lap, she gets on the floor and barks at him to get him to come down and play. Well, as soon as he does, she jumps up in my lap. Sneaky! :rolleyes:
Chester's not jealous of Millie, but he's very jealous of my husband. If Michael comes over to me for a kiss or hug, Chester's right there.

Dakota's Mommy
03-20-2003, 03:30 PM
My small two are major jealous brats. As soon as even one of the other girls gets attention, Destiny is on her way! And now that we got Sierra, she's the same way. They think they have to be the center of attention all the time. Dakota's great about just looking at us or not paying any attention at all. Sometimes, she'll just look as us like, hey, I'm here too, but she never gets in our faces like the other two do when we try to pay attention to one of the other girls! It's never agressive, just kind of a jump on your lap to tell you that they're supposed to be the center of attention!

Rachel
03-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Often when I am hugging Bella Ripley will wriggle himself in between us.

Tucker does the same thing. He just can't get enough loving and is afraid there won't be enough to go around. Hannah is jealous in her own quirky way. She still thinks she should be the only dog. When both dogs are on the chair with me and she jumps off she will turn around and give him the evil eye and bark at him.

Sometimes when I am giving my husband a hug, Tucker will get all upset. I think he is worried that my husband might be hurting me. We both just laugh at him, but it is nice to know I have one protector in the house.

primabella
03-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Mickey doesn't get jealous. He actually gets mejealous when he pays more attention to the neighbors dog than to me :rolleyes: :o

anna_66
03-21-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Nebo is definitely a jealous little brat.....I am HIS mommy, and no, I may NOT pet other dogs. :rolleyes: I was petting the neighbors puppy through the fence today, and he would have nothing of it. Pawing at my arm, licking me in the face, pushing his body between me and the fence.......what a dork. Whenever I pet Reggie or Smokey he always over and shoves himself in front of them too. He's never *mean* just pushy. Anybody else have a jealous dog?

Oh how true this is Amy! When I read this, I thought you were talking about Roxey:D
It doesn't matter what dog I pet, she HAS to be the center of attention. Even when I try to dry their feet off when they come in the house, I can't get to Angus or Huney without her being right in my face!
Angus isn't like that unless I'm "babytalking" and Huney she is jealous, but she'll just come & lay beside you, not try to push everyone else out of the way like Roxey does.
I definately belong to Roxey and only Roxey:rolleyes:

RubyMutt
03-21-2003, 11:29 AM
Oh goodness yes. When we are at the dog park if I pet another dog Ruby immediatly comes pounching over right inbetween us. Once when we went to the park with a couple of my friends and one of their dogs Ruby pretty much just sat in front of me the whole time :rolleyes: She even get's jealous when I hold my hamster or clean it's cage. Ruby always has to be the center of attention...

wolfsoul
03-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Timber used to do really well with not being jealous at all, but since she has been spending more time at my aunt's house, her personality has taken a twist and she now attacks any dog that comes near me! :(
Leather gets jealous to the point where she just barks her head off, and she barks reeeeally loud...