PDA

View Full Version : some questions!!

tikeyas_mom
03-19-2003, 07:28 PM
I have desided That I am gunna sell my last pup because of the potentail danger of being a feeder.
I hope you all understand.

I also wanted to say I have desided, thanks to someone, to have an interview for the six candidates for the one pup availible.

I have used some of his suggestions for questions I'll be asking over the phone. Suck as .......

1. What kind of bedding will you be useing?

2. What kind of wheel are you going to use?

3. What kind of cage are you going to be useing?

4. Do you have any small children?

5. How much time do you have to spare to care for a hamster?

6. Who would take care of the hamster while on vacation ?

7. have you owned a hamster befor?

after I get all six ppls answers I'll call the person I think is most capable of ham=ving and taking care of a hamster. The other 5 wont get a call back. If they call me I will recommend The local Shelter.

What do you think?

Any queations, you think might be good to ask in each persons interview?

tikeyas_mom
03-19-2003, 07:29 PM
*suck.. I ment to say *Such lol

tikeyas_mom
03-19-2003, 07:31 PM
ham=ving was suppost to say HAVING lol man I should really look at what I type hey ? lol

shellonabeach
03-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Vet bills............you need to make sure they will take the hamster to the vet if it gets sick.

And give them a caresheet, with things such as don't use dri-tail, or cedar/pine etc.

One of my rescue female gerbils who arrived 2 weeks ago is going to have babies any day now. I don't think anybody will be up to my standards to adopt any of the babies!!!!

Sarah

Fuzzy317
03-19-2003, 07:51 PM
I have been involved with rescue/adoption of dogs, so this thread made me think.

You seem to have a good list of questions to ask.

I think question 4 should also be followed with

4A. How much responsibility will your child be
given in the care of the hamster?

you may also want to ask about adult supervision during child and hamster interaction for a month or so

I would rephrase question 5, caring for any pet should not be considered "spare time", how about

5. How much time do you have to care for a hamster?

Almost forgot, the great dane rescue group I help with, asks to be given names and numbers of vets used, to check references to see if they are responsible pet owners.

Karen
03-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Instead of seperate posts to "correct" typos, you should just edit your original! That's what I do when my fingers don't keep up with my brain!

I think your FIRST question should be "Have you ever owned a hamster before?" If yes, ask "What happened to it?" To screen out - "uh, I dunno, it just like, died one day" or "my cat ate it" type of people. The next question would be the cage/habitat question, and go from there.

The bedding issue you could ask about last, and you could print up a hamster care sheet to go with each pup!

tikeyas_mom
03-19-2003, 08:28 PM
good idea laren to bad I already thought of it lol ... But I forgot to print some off befor spring break ended.. :p I am an idiot. My printer is broken right now. And the whole sheet is on my school computer. *sigh* *tikeyas_mom kicks her self

Ok I called all six ppl and 3 of them said they were not interested and 2 of them didnt answer and 1 person answered and answered all of my questions. She has 2 rats and 1 hamster right now.
This is what I asked her..

1. bedding : she answered Pine.

2. wheel: she answered she didnt have one.

3. cage: habbitrail.

4. Children: she ansered 'hell no, I would never let any kid touch my hamster or anyof my small pets

5. time: she said she has lots of it.

6. vacation: she said hamster would stay with her mom.

7. research: she said she didnt do any research befor she doesnt feel the need to.

8. vet checks: she answered yes she is willing to pay a $15.00 fee .

9. experience: she answered yes she has alot, she has owned hamsters her whole life.

10. Any questions? She answered no ..

What do you think???

Tweety_Pie
03-21-2003, 08:23 PM
From my knowledge with previous hamsters... HABBITRAIL:eek: BAD BAD BAD!!!! my brother had a habbitrail for his hamster. It got out numerous times, and it chewed a huge hole in it and strangled itself. just a little warning. Also habbitrails do NOT offer a good air supply!

luckies4me
03-22-2003, 02:10 AM
Go to my site and ready my adoption information and the questions I ask everone before they even get a thought from me about adopting one of my babies.

http://www.geocities.com/luckies4me/adoptioninformation.html

:)

wolfsoul
03-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Pine is not good either...It has toxins called phenols and they can ruin a small pet's respiratory system and kill them :(
I would try calling back the people that didn't answer...